Looking at the population of both sexes on GaG, which gender do you think uses/needs sites like this the most?

For example, if GaG were shut down tomorrow, do you think guys on here would be more affected by it than girls, or the other way around?

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys

Apparently guys have no standards. All us girls have to do is look good. We could be as dumb as a rock, socially awkward, a rude bitch but that's all we have to do because we make no contribution to society or relationships.

While guys are expected to be macho, intelligent, leaders, independent, respectful, successful, determined, attractive, outgoing, outspoken, opinionated, masculine, unemotional, academically successful, funny, jerks, womanizers, players all in one combo

This is what I've learned on here.

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Guys? because there are more guys on here than girls.

But I don't think one would be necessarily more effected than the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think there are more guy trolls than girl trolls, so I'd say guys would be more affected.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Uses - guys because they tend to spend more time on the internet

Needs - id say its evenly balanced. Women are less straightforward than guys so guys need help understanding certain things while at the same time women also tend to over think and panic about things (especially relationship related things) and as such need this site to get a realisitic view on the situation.

1|0
    0|0
    • that was kinda sexist but I have to agree, however I don't panic over nothing, sure over think sometimes but more often in other subjects besides relationships, so your theory doesn't cover it all.. also I spend more time in the net sometimes, and more indoors than outdoors, plus I have my smartphone all the time so I can always log in to gag, so.. nice try but nope, lol

+1 for trying tho, lol :P

• Not sexist, merely generalising.

Like racism, people are far too quick to pull the sexist card.

• I don't think gender roles are the issue to a problem like this. I know a user on here, who is a girl that needs a lot of her questions answered on here. Comparing her to another one of my friends (who is the same age) could careless about this site. The same for guys too.

Thus it's concluded that gender doesn't matter, it's the person. Therefore, my response is "neither".

0|0
    0|0
  • neither. Most guys would probably find a replacement site or end back in yahoo answers.

Girls would think if it was their fault the site toppled then move on, hahaha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys ask a bit more casual questions I think and girls a bit more serious questions, but then again there's probably more guys in here or at least we spend more time here. Could be quite balanced.

0|0
    0|0
  • the nerd gender

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither really. If that were to happen, my world wouldn't end, I'd just pick up and move on. Been here a LONG time.

0|0
    0|0