How many of you are ACTUALLY honest on GaG?

Are you brutally honest?

Are you tactfully honest?

Do you just try to please the QA to get BA?

Remember, voting is anonymous, so be honest!

• I am brutally honest (I don't hold back)
  • I am tactfully honest (I'm nice about it)
  • I am a suck up to get best answer
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I am (slightly) tactfully honest. I believe that being brutally honest causes offense and doesn't get your point across because your message will be destroyed in the emotional fire that you lit in the asker of the question.

To use an analogy to describe what I mean,

you shouldn't "sugar coat" your words,

instead, you should add a picnh of sugar on your words to make them palatable.

If your words are bitter, they won't be ingested by the person, thus you're wasting your time.

-----------

This happens a lot with questions about the asker either wanting to cheat, or he/she already cheated and not knowing what to do.

Being on this site for over 3 years, every time this type of question comes up, about half of the answers are a offensive, verbal explosion of words at the asker of the question (and most of these answerers don't even answer the question!).

Making the person feel awful about asking an honest question isn't giving advice, that is using someone as a verbal punching bag.

• YES. There's a way to be honest and get your point across without being a complete a**hole. The QA is much more likely to listen to someone who's tactfully honest than someone who's offensive, regardless of how right they are.

• Yes! This is really good. I try to be respectful in my answers all the time.

What Guys Said 36

• For me, I always try to give the best answer possible based on my experiences and knowledge. As far as how I answer it varies on the motivation behind the question. Some questions where I feel its based on sincere curiosity I answer honestly but tactfully. Questions I feel are self centered, self serving or asked with the hopes of getting a biased response I tend to answer more brutally.

Regardless of how the question is posed, the answer I will give will be honest, be it based on factual (examples would be like health related, historical or other questions where the answers are supported by credible data), or subjective information (examples would be personal opinion or preference based questions).

• I'm always honest on here. There is nothing else to do. I can't really lie on here, can I?

I'm tactfully honest. Being brutally honest is inconsiderate and won't make the other person see my point of view. So I try to make the news easier to handle if the news is bad.

• I am always honest on here, and frequently I am brutally honest, but only when I feel it's necessary to slap someone in the side of the head with it. Though someone would need to be particularly thick to warrant that. But yes, I am always honest on here. I don't really hold back. I call it like I see it, I try to present it as best I can, and I am not about to lie to someone.

That said, I will not just rip someone's heart out. If there is an upside, or a glint of optimism, I will present that too.

Also, while I do not suck up to people for best answer, I will also not bother answering questions that I think will go nowhere. If someone can't be helped, or is looking for a form of reassurance based on lies, is just plainly not listening, or just refuses to do anything about their place in life and just sit there and complain about the same old crap to anyone who will listen... then no, I won't answer them. If I do, I will only have a conversation with them on their question, the one time, and after that they can sit in their own self-made hell and fend for themselves for all I care.

Oh, and I also answer anonymously on this site, nearly all the time, at first. Then I remove anonymity later, once a couple weeks have passed, or until a best answer has been chosen. (I don't care who get's chosen.) But generally, I will answer anonymously at first and remove it later. The idea being that I want people to take my advice at face value, and not choose to listen or ignore it all based on something with my reputation, or because of some grudge. I mean let's be honest here, we've all seen people ignore good advice just because they don't like the person it came from. (Heck look at all the deadlocks in politics for that exact reason) So yeah, I go anonymous most of the time. Just not this time.

In short, yeah, I'm honest. Mostly I'm pretty blunt, but I don't think I'm outright brutal, or tactful. Somewhere between A and B. (Though I voted A)

I hope this answered your question. Have a nice day.

• I always give my honest opinion. I have never given a false answer, although sometimes I will hold back something that might come off as mean or offensive and rephrase it.

• I'm truly honest about all things without exception. For example you're a strikingly beautiful young woman, and I've followed your posts and found them to be insighful and revealing in a very positive was in every case. I'm certain you'll end up an international celebrity and wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.

• I like to be honest. I want to actually help, and give my own personal opinions if needed. I am on this site to help people who need it, to get help when I need it, and to learn by reading questions and answers from others. The best thing to do is he honest. It feels better knowing that you were honest about what you meant, and it is likely to be more appreciated by others.

• I'd say I'm a B. My answers might appear politically correct but they are truly how I feel so I don't care if people think I'm sucking up or not.

• This.

Exactly what I wanted to say. ^-^

• So I guess I must know everything if my opinion always sticks to you and you feel the need to create multiple accounts to ask about everything I say, right?

link

Talk about maturity and having a life lmao. Maybe one of your age should practice the art of growing up and not holding onto every word a 19 year old says

• Why dear evangelina, are you saying you don't believe in what you say? I am shocked

• Im brutally to tactfully honest in the sense that I will try and explain my reasoning. Being rude or trying to take shots at someone rarely makes them see the error of their ways. It is usually better to explain why or why not.

• It depends on the situation, but I try to be tactful. I'm brutally honest if it calls for it though.

• a or b...depending on situation and how delicate the matter. My personality and the advice I provide is the same in real life with friends or family...with the same type of honesty and truthfulness (the way I see it)...It's the G-awesome way. I learned it from Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart! :P

• I'm somewhere inbetween A and B.

I'm brutally honest if I deem it necessery and tactfully when that is apprioriate.

But I am honest at all times, only difference is the use of language.

• Completely honest, but avoid sounding mean.

• Honesty? Many a times, the idea of being one deceives me, let alone being brutally honest for others. Thus, I'd say, I'm oblivious if I can be one.

• I'm an honest dude.

• I change between A and B depending on the question.

• Just honest.

• Sometimes I am, sometimes I am'nt.

• I'm brutally honest... I don't care how many people I may alienate. I don't kiss ass - I tell it like it is.

• Brutally honest, don't really care if my honesty is offensive.

• Depends on my mood, either 'A' or 'B'.

• i voted D because its a mix of a and b for me, most of the time I am tactfully honest but there are some people that need brutal honesty to kick em out of the delusions they have lol

• Brutally honest and proud of it.

• What like being honest like a politician?

• I would say B for me

• A. No point in lying.

• I have also noticed white knights here and there on this site - betrayers of men. They sicken me to my very core.

• I agree. When a woman posts a question, she wants real answers and solutions. Guys who white knight are no help at all. But there is a way to be nice and honest. If someone is already insecure enough to ask a question on here, there's no point in being rude and making things worse.

• Bunch of f***ing liers lawlz. 90 percent of the peeps on here just aim to please people

• I go from brutally honest to not honest at all depending on how legitimate the question is.

• I'm always honest. Trying to lie or anything takes too much wasted effort.

• I am honest

• Brutally Trolling.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 14

• I'm brutally honest to everyone on here; people who genuinely want help and are good people, as well as trolls and hateful people who choose to be ignorant.

I will tell a person in an abusive relationship that they are too good for the abusive partner and need to get out -now.- Not "well maybe you should kinda sorta maybe think about maybe leaving, maybe." I will also tell a person that he/she is are acting like an idiot when they say something very hateful or ignorant, that goes against my basic moral code, e.g. people being treated with equal respect regardless of race, sex, orientation, etc.

I can be tactful, but I save that for real life, e.g. interactions in "professional settings," because tone of voice isn't taken into context via the internet.

Pleasing the QA would just be dumb; I will say whatever I believe will help QA the most if he/she is asking a serious question, or whatever bursts some troll's bubble. I am grateful for the best answers I get, but I won't get all bent out of shape if my answer isn't chosen, because there are excellent answerers on here that deserve the credentials they get.

• Good for you, my friend.

Although I never thought you are brutally honest.

You always sound like a nice girl. So I think you're more like tactful? ^-^

• That's strange. Sometimes I can't vote on an answer. I already voted on this one, but I'm talking about other questions. Is that a glitch?

• You can't if the user has blocked you.

And thanks. I feel like it's okay to laugh at really hateful people, otherwise I will get depressed and start worrying about the world's fate...

• I try to be has honest has I can, but without offending people.

Some people can handle it...

Others can't.

• "Brutally" sounds horrible. I am here to help and give advice not stab a knife through someone's heart. You can get your point across without sounding like a a**hole. So, I guess I am "tactful" honest.

• Honest, but if I feel my honesty would hurt someone,

I say it in a nice indirect way, just to let them get the point

and correct something, without hurting them in person,

that makes me "B", right?

• I'm a brutally honest 'bitch'

Oh well...

A lot of people should be picking C, considering the high level of white knighting that goes on around here.

• In a perfect world this will get BA

• I have yet to see anyone click C...

• Is there a difference between white knighting and using tact? Some haters have called me a white knight for disagreeing with them (guys). I don't think that some guys give good advice on GAG.

• in truth, I am between A and B.. but closer to B.

I am more often trying to be helpful.. but on occasion..

People just need a 2x4 to the face...

• I am brutally honest. I mean, it isn't really brutal or tactful for us answerers to decide on. It's up to the quesiton asker on how open minded that person is--whether he/she perceives our answers as brutal and insulting, or he/she takes it constructively as tactful and objective.

Bottom line is, yes I am honest. And I think a lot of here are...It's why we all guys are here, right? For honest opinions and answers to all sorts.

• It depends. If the person is sincerely asking for an opinion in a regular manner, I'll be 100% honest but not mean. If the person seems like a sweet person, I'll be honest but add a good luck or something. Whereas, if the person's post seems shows sexism, unrealistic standards, rudeness, or cheating then I do not feel the need to be tactful and feel okay making a bitch post. I try to be tactful to those who deserve it though. And yes, I realize what I think are obnoxious posts may not be shared by everyone.

• tactfully honest, it's my nature to be easy on how I say things, it's hard for me to be brutally honest (ask my friends haha) but ya I'd say tactfully honest, especially because I don't know many people well on this site so I wanna be as polite as I can be.

• I am honest no doubt, and a lot of people on here dislike me for that. I refuse to lie or sugarcoat.

• I am brutally honest. That is why I would like to get anytime that I make a question, honesty. I belive that is the whole purpose of this site, isnĀ“t it?

• mostly B, sometimes A

• I am very honest.

• Brutally honest.

• I'm usually B. Sometimes, I'm A though, because some questions are just... yeah.

Haha!