Just for fun, GAG Trekkies: Who is your favorite Star Trek antagonist/enemy?

For those of us who are into Star Trek or at least have a basic familiarity with it, of the available options, who is your favorite enemy/antagonist?

Who would you choose to fight? For me, I'd have to say the Borg. The Klingons are good fighters (and seem like they'd be fun to drink with) and could be useful against the Borg. The Q aren't much for fighting, just antagonizing people. And they'd make the fight against the Borg too easy. The Borg could probably be defeated by our "primitive" metallic rounds, as they don't seem terribly affected by energy-based weapons.

• The Klingon Empire
  • The Borg Collective
  • The Q Continuum
  • Khan
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I know I am late to the party but I love the Trek, so are you ready here it go:

The Borg are the scariest out of the ones you have listed. I could have picked E, I know, but I didn't because of those you listed, I think they are the ones who pose the most clear and present threat (so to speak, you know what I mean). I CRIED when they Borg'd Picard. I was like OH GOD GIVE HIM BACK and then they did and he was Locutus and I. Was. HORRIFIED. Plus they made Picard freak out and he broke his little ships, and for real, f*ck the Borg all day, forever. And it's like you said, they are like zombies only worse- they are zombies with lasers and lasers make everything worse, including and not limited to sharks. They are awful and they are coming AND WE WILL ALL BE ASSIMILATED. But you know, I had *never* thought of just shooting them with regular guns. I bet that WOULD work, I bet it's hard to assimilate hot lead, comin atcha! (Do they have force fields? I thought they had force fields. If they have force fields maybe we could "splode 'em.)

Okay, but if you really want to know who creeped me the righteous f*ck out, hang on because I'm about to kick old school. Remember Plato's Stepchildren and Charlie X? THOSE guys scared me, even when I was a kid. Charlie was the scariest to me, I think- he was a little psychotic child with the rushing hormones of a teenager and the power of thought made manifest. YIKES, amirite? And Plato's Stepchildren... I feel like they were all nuts because they had lived so long and done it all and could do anyting they wanted, and they made Spock cry. Sure they ended up being relatively easy to undo because McCoy found that stuff in their blood and then replicated it and Alexander (the little guy) got all God-like and saved the crew until Kirk caught up. But, you know, what if they had figured out a way to negate that negation and went on a traveling mind-control rampage?

• Also, this is the best question I have ever seen on GAG, and thank you for posing it. I think you should get a trophy.

(And tribbles are also terrible. Born pregnant? GTFO.)

• I am most proud of this Best Answer.

What Girls Said 4

• I always thought the Borg were the toughest opponent because it displays the socialist way of life worked perfectly and that everyone opinion is treated equally for the better of the collective vs. independent thought and the process of a Hierarchy. However later in the voyager series/next generation movie we find out that their is no such thing as the perfect socialist order and that all the independent thoughts of the Borg are controlled by the queen. The queen uses their thoughts and higher intellectual thinking to assimilate other cultures for which she takes all culture and emotion from the people she assimilates. The reason she does this is because she believes they hold back advancement but when they encounter the federation they have difficulty assimilating them because they have independent thought and it is this independence which encourages them to fight harder and to use all possible resources in order to retain that freedom.

• I agree. I think Roddenberry's view of the future is completely unrealistic. The Borg drive that point home. And yes, they are pretty terrifying as well :-P

• THE TRIBBLES!

• The Borg!

• the Borg scared the crap out of me cause that was the most realistic to me. Resistance is Futile...chilling :O

• I agree. The collective network, the threat of assimilation, the fact that they can adapt to high-tech weaponry? They're like zombies, but worse. But then again, that's where having "primitive" weaponry like we have now would probably be our saving grace.

What Guys Said 6

• I would say the Borg at first, but what about Species 8472? :P

I guess my favorite baddies would be the Jem'Hadaar and the Vorta: They complement each other well :D

• I don't recall Species 8472. Or the other two you've mentioned. I know 8472 was from Voyager.

• Jem'Hadaar and the Vorta are from the Dominion in DS9 :P

8472 however are indeed from Voyager, and can resist the Borg and kick their booties xD

• KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Dukat was a great antagonist/enemy.

Q was probably the more interesting antagonist, but never really an enemy.

If we're gonna go with whole empires/groups? The Dominion were the most interesting enemies. Borg didn't feel like enemies that wanted to kill you, just bring you into their collective fold, but the dominion seemed more insidious and it was interesting :P

• Q was my kind of guy.

• Khan, hands down. He tried to kill Kirk on more that on instance, stole the Reliant, marooned her crew, and got exactly what he had coming to him. And Ricardo Montalban was an outstanding choice for that role.

• The Dominion.

• I remember they were at war with the Federation in DS9, but it's been YEARS since I've watched it. Lately, I've been watching TNG on Netflix.