What are the reasons that you go anonymous for on GAG?

For those that go anonymous sometimes, what are your reasons for it? And answer the question instead of pointing out that I'm anonymous. I know I'm anonymous right now, but I'll reveal my identity later.

Sometimes I go anonymous so that nobody will know who I am. There is one person that said that he would never answer my questions ever again (because I didn't choose him for BA on a question), so I go anonymous and try to reveal myself later sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I ask/answer something that's very revealing about my identity, I'll go anonymous so people won't associate it with my GaG name. Or else I'll be saying something embarrassing... and I don't want people thinking about that when they answer one of my questions or something. hahaha

• This was a hard decision. If only I could set you and makoto-kun as best answers, because I think both of you had some good things to say.

• haha well thank you :)

What Girls Said 7

• I'll do it if I'm giving away some really personal information about myself to answer someone's question. And sometimes I feel I have to to get my point across. If there wasn't the anonymous option I think I would stop using the site.

See, I don't need to be anonymous here as there's no sensitive info about me in this reply. lol

• Sometimes people will discredit my answer or question simply because of my reputation, so going anonymous helps to prevent that.

• This is a good one. Too bad I can't choose two best answers. Sigh...

• It's annoying when people go out of their way to defame me in questions, but my allies make up for it. ;)

• Definitely. I think I know who some of your allies are. :)

• If it's a real personal question that I don't want my friends on here-or anyone for that matter-to know about.

• I go anonymous if my question/answer is too personal or if I'm ashamed of asking the question.

• i understand if the questions are very personal or embarrassing, but what I don't understand on are the ones that are anonymous and don't allowed people to answer anonymous.

• I do understand that. It's because they want to be able to block anyone that they find offensive or trolling. Otherwise anonymous users can go all out and be mean, and you won't be any wiser as to who it is.

• yea but if you ask a question and are anonymous you can't prevent others for wanting to be anonymous too, double standards.

• Even though it may be a double standard, I think that if they want to do that, then that's fine. I think it has to do with the fact that there are certain topics on girlsaskguys that are very emotional, such as feminism, gun control, abortion, etc. All those hot topics.

• i feel like it allows people ot be more honest

• because anonymous user because!

lol I just had to say that because it reminds me of that episode on family guy when stewie took the cast of star trek bowling and then when patrick stewart asked why do they have to wear bowling shoes stewie yelled "because patrick because!" lol

this is one reason why I choose anonymous user

What Guys Said 10

• If my question/answer includes something that is personal, and would not like to reveal, but still be honest because honesty would be more helpful, I go anonymous. If I am simply not comfortable with what I am saying, I go anonymous to hide my identity.

• If the quality of my post, was not up to a high enough standard that I was proud of what I wrote, then, I would go anonymous. This could be due to a short response, drugs and drink etc... I don't bother going around trolling people anonymously and don't hide how I feel, even when my opinion sparks an argument out of controversy.

Hope I've helped.

MD5.

• Because I like the picture and being the anonymous guy helps when I want to troll really silly questions.

If I'm embarrassed of my very honest answer which is also a secret in my real life, but guess that my experience could somehow help another person with the same dilemma and perhaps avoid going through the same bad experience I had during that time.

Now what is your reason for asking this?

• I'm just curious what people think. Sometimes I hear people accusing others of being cowardly for going anonymous so sometimes I try to ask questions on purpose so that those people will know that there are other reasons besides cowardice to go anonymous.

• lol, that sounds a bit silly from both parties. The real Confucius would never let a petty thing like that get to him. So what are you gonna do to that person once you get him? you know he'll just block you again and have the last word. Dude, just let it go and keep doing what you need or want to do. You can pick whatever answer you think deserves BA, no 100k up votes can change that. Wise words of He-Man "I've got the powerrrrrrr!"

• I mean that he might eventually answer my question, even though he said he wouldn't. I'm just trying to capture him in the act. No harm done. But you are right. The real Confucius wouldn't let this bother him. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and try to never let anyone get to me. I'm still working on it though.

• I have a friend on here so I go Anonymous whenever I don't want her to read my stuff

• I don't, I don't know anyone on here anyways lol. Once I did go anonymous though, but I must of done it accidentally.

• Other than just doing it from time to time, I have no real reason unless I don't wish the QA or other users to know who I am.

• I always go anonymous because I'm in a third world country. My country is backward, underdeveloped and highly corrupt. I don't want anyone to know my country from my profile, because they are sure to make fun of me. Also, I have uploaded my pic, and I don't want anyone to see it and poke fun at my race. That's the reason I'm almost always anonymous on this site.

• i'm very sorry to read how you feel.

people shouldn't make fun like that and it's sad to read why you're apprehensive :o(

• well said confucious16!

• So nobody will know the truth about my tiny penis.

• I am a rare REPUBLICAN on GaG. That's right, a REPUBLICAN. You see that in America, we have a 2-party political system in American and are free to choose which we identify myself with most in beliefs and values. But, when someone sees my name I am automatically discredited despite always making rational and logical points. This site is full of children who have little or no life experience, and are far down the ladder in education. I happen to have quite a lot of life experience and quite a few letters after my name to boot. So I go anonymous so that I can be heard and not just dismissed due to my screen name.

• Thanks for the down-votes.

• Most of the kids here know nothing about Republicans, but are just brainwashed to hate them. Blame it on Bush of course.

• Lincoln was a Republican. What do you think of him? Although I learned that the parties switched a while back.

• In my case, because I have troll followers who downvote every answer of mine that they can find, regardless.

• Do you have followers who upvote your answers?

• you know, you can block people like that. I've had to block a few people that gave me rude comments/harassed me. Then they can't even see your answers.

• I can't block them if I don't know who they are.