Something I wish I could add to GaG

The ability to thumb up and down comments.

Sometimes, I'm reading an answer, and someone makes a comment.. that is really thoughtful, funny, or... assholish..

I just wish we could thumb up and down the individual comments, as often thumbing the Answer doesn't seem right for every comment (Mabe the comment is from QA or 3rd party)

What do you think?

• Let us rate comments!!
  • No, I'd hate to have everything rateable O.o
  • I'm an onion, what do I care?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very good suggestion! I will instruct the administrators to make the necessary modifications.

What Guys Said 9

• I'll have to agree, comments often give

better details or might be humourous even

which deserve recognition.

and perhabs useless arguments

in the comment section could lessen

up with just downvoting instead of

sinking to their level hm? ^.~

• It sounds good, although it would encourage commenting even more - most of people who actually comment in the first place got a little disorder which means: "I didn't understand anything at all what you said so I gotta drill my point over and over again like a broken record"

• I'm allergic to onions so I do care and I'd rather be a potato, like Mr Potato with a rearrangeable face. :D

I think a comment is a secondary answer and only primary answers should count. So I voted B.

• I kind of agree. The biggest and most interesting conversation are done in the comments anyway and many times it's kind of unnecessary to make a new answer so it's better to just make a comment.

• You can that's what the up and down arose are for.

• id love that option, yes

• That should be good.

• I like it in principle, but I've gotten into a few comment threads with people who just HAVE to have the final word, or just act like a d*** in general.

I'd combine this with another wished-for feature. I'd like the option to spend Xper points to find out who certain anonymous posters are. Want to block this anonymous d***? We won't tell you who it is, but we'll put the block in place for 1500 Xper points.

This would allow long time serious posters to stop being hassled from some of the fly-by-night anonymous f***wits we seem to attract so often.

• I'm an onion, what do I care? :-P

What Girls Said 0