How do you get many GAG users to answer your question?

Basically, the title says it all

Usually, my questions can either be personal questions I have or topics that curious me

Most of the time, I only get like 4-5 people answering my questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, lets try and keep in perspective why you're asking a question. Are you trying to see how many respondents you will get or are you looking for genuine answers?

Next what generally is the subject matter of the questions you ask? Has the question been asked before? If so, how often?

Additionally, how is the question formatted? Is it short and concise or does it carry a lengthy and detailed narrative? Does it garner interest?

Furthermore, is it written in a way where a fifth grader can comprehend the content, or does it require someone with an advanced degree to decipher it?

The reason I asked all of these questions is because the way you ask your questions will not only reflect the amount of respondents, but the type of respondents as well. Your answers will also be reflective of those who has some knowledge of the information you're seeking.

Now you also have to remember the bulk of your audience which appears to be mostly in the upper teen to mid twenties group, which will mean more complex questions will net you less responses, not necessarily from lack of interest, but because of lack of knowledge or experience.

Most people (aside from attention seeking trolls), won't respond to questions that extend outside of their knowledge base. Simpler questions, formatted in easy to read and understand wording will net you more answers. The more complex the question, the fewer people will respond, plain and simple.

I can't speak on behalf of anyone else but myself, but I won't answer a question where I don't have any insight to a reasonable answer. I also tend to avoid self centered and/or self serving questions as well as questions where people already have a predetermined biased answer and want their respondents to give confirmation to their biased views. I don't mind complex questions as it gives me an opportunity to exercise my brain as well. I will also answer some opinion based questions.

Different people have different selective processes for determining which questions they choose to answer and which questions they choose to avoid. All of the factors previously stated will be some of the reasons they choose to, or not to answer.

In conclusion, you should be more concerned with the quality of your responses more than the quantity, because you will most likely find the answer in the select few who decide to answer your question as opposed to the masses saying anything just to accumulate points.

What Girls Said 10

• Ask them about personal things or preferences. Like: "What's your favorite /insert random thing" or "Do you prefer /insert random thing or /insert another random thing".

Guaranteed replies.

People love talking about themselves.

• Maybe they aren't interested ? When I ask questions (which are usually anonymous )I notice I get more answers if it has to do with relationships. If it has to do with school or polotics I'll get maybe one .. haha

• I get a lot of answers usually. From 20 to 35 answers... I have a good first question for the title and the explanation I keep it short. 5 sentences max. People like when you give the point quick. Plus if the question is very personal if will have less answers because to be honest no one cares about your personal life. So keep it short.

• Ask a provocative question. Use paragraph spacing instead of making a huge shapeless paragraph/run-on sentence hybrid.

• Ask questions that any retard with a brain the size of a peanut can understand and respond to

Ask controversial (and offensive) questions which trigger emotional responses

Seek a different website if intellect and real life experience advice is what you're seeking

Honestly though, long details are a no-no. A lot of people don't want to read those. And if it's a repetitive Q, you can't seriously expect 10+ responses.

• I dont. I just ask the questions and hope for the best. I don't feature any questions because I think its just a waste of points.

• Make the question interesting or the very first line stand out.

I know I lose interest reading a large paragraph, so break it up into four or five paragraphs if you have too. I'm willing to sit here and read a long story its its broken up, other wise my eyes bug out on me reading a computer screen.

• Maybe more involving title? Not too sure myself, I don't get much either

• Get them hooked off of the title and the first bit of information that you type in. The "Hook."

• Ask a good (intriguing) question...

What Guys Said 8

• Take shirtless mirror photos with a duckface and use it as your display picture.

Then post another identical shirtless duckface mirror photo in the question asking GAG to rate your looks on a scale of 1-10.

• I usually get over 10 answers to my questions and sometimes a lot more. It's because I ask questions that a lot of people would care about, and have some sort of opinion on. It also helps when your question isn't too complex and is easy to respond to

• I've noticed questions like Does o he or she like me, Why I'm I still a virgin, I can't stop thinking about him or her etc always seem to get the most responses. But you ask a question about real problems like I have cancer for example and everyones like whatever. Lets face it 90% of the people here are shallow.

• get a lot of members to hate you

• why are you askign anonymously?

• I offer sexual favors in return for answers.

• Feature your questions. Also, don't ask anonymously and have a decent profile picture.

• Well personally for me here it's quality over quantity. You need to approach this site with the understanding that majority of users here are freshmen in high school and have absolutely no life experience. So any answer you get is going to be based around what their parents tell them, what they read on Facebook and what their friends do for conflict resolution. Also, if you want to ask a political question, ask it from a liberal viewpoint. People here are so uber liberal that they put their liberal heads together in order to make one big unrealistic answer.