How many girls on GAG are using fake photos or are just full of it?

I have noticed some very suspicious profiles and posts on this site. One girl in particular who has a very attractive looking photo constantly contradicts herself when she talks about her age, where she goes to college, where she lives, etc. I have read a lot of things that don't sound believable from many other posters, too.

What is the deal? Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one? How many BSers are on this site?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can tell some are fake and some are not. Some do it more to protect themselves and well, some definitely do it to appear hotter or "better" than they really are which is annoying to me. A lot of people do this though not just on GAG. People photoshop pictures all the time, lie in their personal information. I have friends who phtoshop their eyes in every single picture and so many other things about themselves. Then they post their newest picture every single day and then get all of the " you're so beautiful! You could be a model! Wow I would die to look like you!" If only they saw them every single day and how they really look, their opinions would be drastically changed. I do say Kudos to the girls/guys though who are themselevs and have the courage to post the real picture of themselves on websites like these because they are setting themselves up for criticism but could care less and are who they are. I like that! :)

Good luck with this chica. If her stories aren't lining up and you think she is playing you then I'd recommend leaving her alone. :)

• Yeah, isn't it a bit weird to fake photos and info about yourself though?

• yep! Agreed. Its normally because the girl doesn't like what she looks like or likes her life so she will make up things baout herself to look good and be who she wants to be in her head.

• That makes sense, but is still kind of disturbing

What Girls Said 4

• It's difficult to say. With most public forums you will get people who use other people's photos. Google images can help with detecting whether someone *might* be fake but ultimately we don't know. But anyway, if it makes whoever happy to use another person's photos then let them be. It's not like we can do anything about it.

• I know we can't stop it, and I wouldn't even if I could, but I just think it is strange to go to the trouble of faking pics and stories about yourself in a place where no one knows who you are anyway.

• @guy532 When you get home... there's going to be trouble :P

• Well I did get home and there was no trouble... link :)

• I suppose if you have really low confidence in yourself, it'd be almost logical in your mind to present yourself as more attractive than you 'really' are. I've seen a few, both men and women, who I am convinced are using fake pictures. But it's not like it really affects me, so meh.

• That is true...I didn't think of the low self esteem aspect.

• There's probably a lot of BS users,but also...I don't blame them.

• Why not?

• I KNOW you didn't say they have to do anything...I NEVER said you did.I'm just giving my opinion on the matter since you asked.-_-

• I have changed my mind. All women should post real photos or not post a photo at all. I demand this! LOL jk

• Why do you care?

• The whole point of this site is to get honest answers from people. If they are lying about themselves, what else are they lying about?

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you care? Are you measuring yourself against others on here? People ask questions, some of which are legit some of which are not. Answer the questions you think you can help with and talk to the people you find interesting. It's not a popularity contest, you don't need to compare yourself to the other girls. I promise you can be prom queen.

• Why do you care so much that I care? I care because if they are lying about themselves, they could just as easily be lying about their answers. I also think it is pretty pathetic to fake a picture - almost as pathetic as your emotional Dr Phil style rant you just posted. You are a very feminine guy, aren't you?

• You are the gay equivalent to a city flasher who gets off on his sick fantasies being exposed while posting on this site all day and night long. Do you ever leave the internet?

• The poster above me is very, very gay

• I'm sure there are penty. Some because they don't want to reveal their true identity, and some because they want to attract people into answering their questions more. I don't care if they are fake photos or not.

• I don't keep track of any members. I remember some useless details if users never change their pic, since that's always how I've remembered people on forums. But idc enough about people I'll never meet to stalk or keep a log of things said.

• Not stalking, but seeing some of the same people on the same questions answer completely differently made me wonder.