How long have you been a member of GaG?

And has any advice you've received on here actually helped you?

Do you mostly ask questions or answer them?

I was a member for about 2 years and then deleted my account about a year and a half ago and got bored the other day so I just made another one. Lol

Just wondering about the rest GAG community:)

Most Helpful Guy

• I first signed up in Jan. 2011 but I locked myself out of my account and had to make a new one around May of that year. So going on 2 1/2 years. I just come here to read answers. I barely answer myself unless I'm close to an Amazon gift card. The questions are always obvious and are always answered by the QA themselves when they explain it. Plus there are so many trolls it's becoming a farce. I can list users who have since left that actually lent this place credibility. It's still a good idea, until you realize any questions people have that don't belong in the "Other" category have already been asked thousands of times.

What Guys Said 17

• hmm...1 year a half-ish? I was pretty active when I started in the beginning but I had to do a bit of...ahem...soul searching and disapeared from the internet for about...5months-ish...but to quote the godfather...I got sucked back into GaG. Met some pretty awesome peeps if I do say so myself. :)

• Just shy of 4 months

• I have no idea... maybe a couple years or something? I'm still hovering between too long and not long enough lol

• According to my profile, since 5/27/2011. So almost two years.

• I've been here for 4 years.

When I ask for serious advice I usually get it. Overall, I've given as much as I've gotten. This site isn't as great as it can be however its not nearly as bad as some are saying.

• just a little more than a year ^.~

• I've been a non-member observer since 2011. After 6 months of observance I finally decided I shall take part in the forums and thus made an account in 2012.

• I've been here since March, I use it to answer questions and check out things that go on in other people's lives. It's pretty entertaining.

• 3 years. I had an older account which I deleted but I came back after being gone for close to a year

• Ever since Mar. 31, 2013. I've only answered so far.

• For a month. I only answer questions.

• I just started yesterday and I been answering questions often.

• 4 yrs, 2 months. And it's gotten old. And the experience I've had thus so far has been 50/50.

• Like a year and a half. I mainly just answer questions

• Since November 2008. :)

• 1000ms :)

• This site isn't helpful to anyone anymore.

It is overly-moderated. Filled with immature children who have no education or real-world experience. It's so liberal that it's actually almost scary. 40's men here feel this is a dating site. You get stalked. Now Meebo is gone because of stupid Google.

I may throw in the towel here.

• Yeah, a few of those reasons is why I deleted it before. I just got bored and decided to check back in the other day.

• It's worse now. I mean there are moderators who aren't even old enough to drive? How are you supposed to police a website when you have absolutely no idea about life outside of your parents house! There are little cults here and when you block a user for being obnoxious, they sick their "e-friends" on you. No one can take a joke here ever, it's always 100% serious.

What Girls Said 12

• A little over three years. I can think of some questions I've asked that needed good advice, and most of the time I received it. Mainly my questions have been about peoples' opinions and thoughts though, so nothing too serious. You just get some interesting and funny responses. I guess I answer much more than I ask.

• Ive been here about 3 weeks now. I came here to ask about questions about this guy that didn't want a relationship that soundly wanted one and reasons as to why he blows hot and cold. -_-

The answerers here have been great other than the fact one guy bashed me down and it was quite mean when he doesn't even know me...I think he was just trollin.

I answer more than I ask but I do enjoy helping people.

It amazes me how we can help so many others with their questions but when it comes to our own questions we can't answer them ourselves and have to seek advice.

• Yes! That last sentence is so true. I always give other people advice (in real life and on here before I deleted last year I had answered a lot) but when I have a problem I never know what to do.

• About 5 years. I tend to answer more than I ask. I have gotten some great input on some questions, but honestly most has been from members closer to my age.

• I've been a member since 2011 and I have in fact asked a lot of questions as well as answered some. Last night actually I got really bored so I've just been scrolling through, answering questions. Some of the advice here actually helped me, even for school.

• 5 years.(:

• Now that's dedication! I kind of wish I hadn't deleted mine but I'll probably stick around longer this time. Lol

• Thanks! It's an on and off thing.. Yeah I thought about deleting mine before but I liked helping people out here and getting people's opinions on questions I have. And yeah stick around! (:

• 3 years . juat came back tho. WIsh I didn’t delete my old account . I miss the old gag tho. like the chat rooms were so much fun!

• One year.

Helped: 60%, Made things worse, 40%

• About two years (I had an account called "Tohrment" before) all up, maybe not quite.

Advice I've received personally from users I've become friends with has helped, but admittedly little else has.

I answer much more than I ask.

• Ive been here since March and I plan on staying awhile.

• Jan 19th,2013

• 1 year 4 months

• I've been here for almost 3 years.

I definitely answer more than I ask, but I do ask a lot of questions.

I have gotten great advice and more importantly, perspective. Hearing someone else's perspective almost always helps me understand the reality of what's happening to me.