Has anyone else lost their answer's on GAG after hitting Preview Answer?

This is easily the fourth time this has happened to me. I spend an enormous amount of time laying my heart out in an answer, making sure I put every thought and feeling in it's correct place and wording it perfectly so my point can be understood; only to have it disappear into Narnia after hitting the Preview Answer button. Is there a reason why it does this? Because It's really annoying spending that much time on something to have it lost in oblivion. I may just be venting but I'd like to see if it has happened to anyone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems that if you leave a question open for like 20 minutes, the preview button seems to timeout and stop working. This is why I copy all my huge answers before submitting/previewing them and I suggest you do too. There are also downloadable programmes you can run on your browser which saves pretty much everything you type for this exact reason.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I HATE when that happens. I have no idea why it does that and then you have to go back and re-type your whole answer. It only happens to me when I type a long answer and am on this page for a while. That's why I've just gotten into the habit of copying my answer and then hitting "preview answer". That way, if it disappears, all I have to do it hit "paste" and my answer is back again.

• dam, I should've thought of that. I'm thinking the page may time-out after a period. It's very aggravating though.

• Same with me. I always copy my answer after spending a long time on it. It's frustrating, but you learn.

• Yea I guess I learned my lesson. I'll have to start doing that.

• I noticed this happens to me if I'm idle on the site, it will sign me out. So when I go to hit, "Preview Answer" or "Submit" it takes me to the login page. If this ever happens I just click on the "back" button on my browser and copy/cut my answer and then go through the process to coming back and paste it in. Though if you are typing something long out it probably is a better idea to "copy" it before you click preview or submit anyway. Just in case(:

• I've learned my lesson after losing some detailed answers I've written in the past. Now I copy anything I write just in case it gets lost. ^__^

• Yeep...

I tend now to copy any really long answers that I care about before previewing...

• This happens to me all the time. So often that I've now gotten used to copying my answers before clicking anything, just in case. Haha!

I think I have an issue with it because I use GAG on my phone (all I have) and the internet coverage pops in and out so often.

• It happens to me sometimes.

What Guys Said 5

• Many, many times, but only when I am using my phone. It's the most annoying thing about this site (or the phone). It never happens when I am using my computer. But I still copy my answer before hitting the preview thing just in case. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that on my phone.

• It's happened to me SO MANY TIMES that I've learned to save all of my answers by reflex. I've had to write 20-25 row answers all over again so it teaches very fast.

• I haven't had that happen, but have clicked Preview Answer then forgot to click 'submit answer'

• I hit preview answer and it goes back to the question as if I never wrote anything at all. I don't know if there's a time limit to write answers or what.

• yea happened a lot of times, which is why

I always copy-paste my answers before

hitting the preview button now ^.~

• Wow, I thought I was the only one this happened to and the only one who also copied my answer before previewing haha