How do you see having lots of mods and supermods on GaG?

I remember not so long ago, there weren't plenty of mods or supermods on GaG contrary to the case now. There were about 4 supermods or something and maybe 10 or slightly more mods. Now, there are LOTS of them.

Do you see it as a positive thing or a negative thing? Why?

• I see having lots of mods and supermods now on GaG as a positive thing.
  • I see having lots of mods and supermods now on GaG as a negative thing.
  • Meh, it doesn't matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I see it as a negative thing because you basically have children mostly making decisions on whatever here.Secondly,its unbelievable how many responses I have posted that are non offensive that are deleted.I feel like every week I check my junk mail,and there is a response deleted saying that I broke whatever "gag' rules they have.What's even more hilarious,is that I could send them a link showing that they deleted MY response and YET they kept the response up that prompted ill words...how is that fair?

Most recently I wrote into gag about this,and all I got back were generic responses like no one even bothered to analyze the situation.I don't understand how if you are retaliating against someone making negative remarks about YOU,suddenly you are penalized and that person doesn't have their answer or response moved...doesn't make sense.

The thing is,I feel like its the mods doing this foolishness.It is very possible for mods to have something against certain users...is it not?I mean they are people too right?If gag really wants to "crack down" gey rid of a lot of the troll profiles,and I can name a good few off the top of my head as my BLOCK list grows by the day. -_-

But then I have to remind myself that this is JUST a website...something to do when I'm bored.

And I wouldn't be surprised if this response was deleted too.-_-

• At least you were honest. Back then we had to remove several moderators and even a user who was harassing young girls for pictures. It was ridiculous. Eventually we found out he was being protected by another moderator. But you said it best, at the end of the day, it's just a website. Take what good you can, and go with it. To pursue other ventures, the creators left the job to some users. There will always be pros and cons to that.

• I'm sorry you feel this way and I know how it feels but please remember that not all mods are like this (refer to my answer). If you swore and insulted someone in your answer/comment then I can see why it could've been removed but if you didn't, then it is probably due to a mod's personal preference. Don't let it get to you!

• Thanks for ba...

What Guys Said 10

• Increased levels of content moderation is never a bad thing.

Im certainly seeing less and less troll questions than there used to be and the moderators seems to be happier to read through and check content before deleting it and getting onto the next one, presumably because the workload per moderator has been spread out.

• It's nice to see something nice about mods/supermods! Haha!

Thanks :-)

• I haven't the slightest idea what all the cmods and super mods do. I wish they were super MODELS instead.

• Mods delete inappropriate answers and super mods are like promoted mods who have the ability to delete answers and questions. :)

• As long as they are fair it's fine. Some sites when they get a bunch of mods they go overboard and just delete everything. As long as they are fairly assessing messages it should be a good thing.

• It's mainly just a thing. To me, I see them as people who stand out in posts and as I read more and more questions their names constantly appear. As long as their moderating and using their power accurately, I see no negatives to it.

• I added this to my notebook so I can follow the responses on this question :-P

• that's not threatening at all lol

• Yeah, I suppose you're only gathering intel for the next surgical strike, hah

• I don't like my questions getting deleted

• Well obviously the trolls need to go but I have had many legitimate questions deleted leading to a more unpleasant experience. I've also had mods delete my posts when I disagree with them.

• I'm a little weary of having too many mods around, though I would like to be one some day

• Depends, some suck and don't act fairly or are too anal, others are fine. GAG needs to have a better system though to deal with punishments or to have a person be able to fight against a bullsh*t ban/warning/whatever.

• Don't really care, I've never had a problem with any of them. They've always seemed overly lenient to me. I've often posted things I expect to be removed but they let it slide.

Wouldn't want to be a mod, though. Ever. ^^'

• Ah cmon, being a mod isn't THAT much different than being a regular user :-P

• @TheGoodTheBadTheHOT - very valid point, there definitely is a trend of GaG users on various topics.

• @TheGoodTheBadTheHot

Exactly.People are so pathetic.They use to look at my profile and just go through and down arrow all of my answers.Way too much energy put into using this site.

• Yes, I do see them a lot. And, I don't care about them. I'm here for my own reason and not care about others business.

What Girls Said 3

• I would say, most if not all mods/super mods are genuinely lovely people (I'm not saying that because I'm one haha!). Every mod I've spoken too are usually very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You have to consider that we have requirements to meet to become one and we must be doing something right for us to be accepted as moderators! So to those who think it's a bad thing because they think we just delete everything that we disagree with, that's not the case. We have strict rules to follow and if we don't follow them, we'll be dropped as mods. Even if we delete an answer, it will always be checked by an admin before it's deleted completely.

I've never deleted an answer because I disagreed with it. I wouldn't care if they were supporting rapists for some reason. As long as they portrayed their opinion in a mature and polite manner, it will remain there. However, I know there could potentially be mods who would delete such an answer because they disagree or it could be down to confusion. They could remove it because they feel others may find it offensive or antagonistic; not because they're offended though.

I personally think a lot of mods is a good thing though. It's such a large site with so many members that it shares the workload and more and more unhelpful, offensive questions and answers are being removed quickly and efficiently, making the experience more enjoyable for users. :)

• it's a positive thing. it keeps things orgizned

• Judging by what I've seen on GAG lately, it's seems they're being fair. So I'd say it's working out.