Moderators on GaG should all be 25+ I think

Far too often I see questions removed here that don't violate the terms of service at all, and the only thing that's wrong with them is that they present an opposing viewpoint of the majority.

Also far too often the people removing it are in high school, and probably aren't even old enough to drive a car yet. But are somehow mature and experienced enough to moderate a website?

How does this make sense? Oh and then when the question is restored it's like 2-3am and goes unanswered. Moderators should be 25+ and have life experience in order to keep good questions and answers from going deleted.

For example: I have seen 3 questions removed just this past hour describing the governments overreach in issues like: Benghazi, the IRS, and AP secret recordings of journalists.

These are issues that NEED to be addressed and discussed. So why were they removed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think unreasonable attacks on the QA should be deleted, honestly. I do wonder why the topics you mentioned were removed though. Mudslinging?

• You never see a QA attacked when they ask a liberal and/or socialist-based question, but conservative QA's get attacked, slandered and ridiculed. I understand that majority of teenage and college students are liberal because they know nothing else and believe in one big world that hugs and shares and everything is equal. That is not the case in the real world and anyone who's realistic sees this. There is a 2 party political system and freedom of speech in America for a reason.

• Anything hateful or extreme from a Republican OR Democratic side should be deleted. Radicals always destroy everything and give a party, organization or religion a bad name.

What Girls Said 6

• Things can be wrongly removed but if they are, the admins will put them back up. I don't think it comes down to age at all. I'm 18 but I've been told multiple times that I'm wise beyond my years (even before I was 18) and I act more like a 20+ year old. Changing age limits will not change people's own personal views. There are still going to be 25 year olds who make poor decisions so age doesn't come into it at all. 18 year olds can experience more things than a 25 year old. I've been in relationships, ranging from good to very bad ones so I have experience in that, whereas I know there are 25 year olds who have never had a relationship. Oh, and I can drive a car and left high school two years ago seeing as I'm British.

You can't attack moderators based on their age because of the removal of your questions, which could've all been deleted by one moderator, who could potentially be 20+ anyway.

If you feel like your questions were wrongly removed, then use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of every page to explain your situation and someone will contact you within 24 hours.

• I agree the moderators do a poor job most the time.

• These are issues that NEED to be addressed and discussed... on a dating/relationship website...? I think there are better places to discuss these things... it may not be a conspiracy, they just want to control what content is on the site.

• lol I'm 23 and I think a lot of 25 year olds are stupid as sh*t. I don't know what more life experience is going to do. Older people can be just as immature, lacking intelligence, bias in their beliefs, etc. If you don't know that, you probably haven't learned much about life yet. I knew that when I was in high school.

But sure, I can see having an age requirement. However, I don't think maturity or lack of bias is the reason. And how do you know older people aren't the ones removing those questions? I know far more about those topics than my 40 year old parents.

Also, we don't know the manner in which those issues are presented. And then you also have to consider that maybe the website doesn't want people making certain claims about the government. You can't just conclude that its ONLY because theyre are teenage moderators. Not saying you don't have a point, but I think there's more to be considered.

Do you have some way of knowing who takes the question down?

and you sound like you have a lot of bias of you're own.

• Bias? Where did I demonstrate I had "a lot of bias of your own"?

• Exactly that. We don't know how you presented those questions or the website wants questions to be about relationships and not such confrontational, antagonistic questions which could potentially offend someone. Also, only super mods can remove questions and to be a super mod, you need to have a lot of mod experience. You also don't know who took the question down. It could've been a 30 year old admin for all you know.

• Yuuup.

As I said, the asker is very biased.

• If you're having posts removed incorrectly, the admins will see that and put them back up (if they truly break no rules) fairly quickly. If they haven't been put back up within 24 hours, you can send me a message and we'll look into it. Or you can contact the admins with Contact Us :-)

• yeah they might reinstate the question but they have all the answers/comments to it removed. at that point it's a buzzkill. I put that on the admins instead of the individual mods tho.

• Yeah, sometimes that is the case. I do my best, I definitely don't remove something because I disagree with it, that's silly. Haha!

• Wouldn't younger moderators be more easy-going and let questions pass?

• Not with regards to politics. Younger moderators that believe liberal is the way from what they learn in school and on social media, are going to act immaturely and irrationally with regards to questions that speak out against their personal viewpoints. Older moderators would be educated, have adequate life experience and be able to see both sides from a better vantage point.

• You would think, but not always. I was a lot more conservative and easily scandalized by the news when I was younger. XP

What Guys Said 6

• No comment about the age thing.

However I get tired of the same old political questions. Especially the questions that aren't really questions but are just an excuse to get on a soap box and force views on people.

I enjoy a good political debate, but this is not the place for it. With the character limit you can't even debate properly here. Frankly I think most of the politics on here gets old real fast. And I'm even talking about views I actually agree with. Even if I happen to agree with them, I just don't want to hear people who sound like a broken record.

More than anything, this site is about about dating, relationships, personal issues, etc. I think the 'other' tab is nice because it adds some depth to the site. But certain kinds of things just cause turmoil and anger. Some sites have banned discussions on politics and religion, and they are far more peaceful than the sites that allow it. I wouldn't be against it being banned here either. I'm also not against it staying as-is.

But when political discussions become disruptive, when it's nothing more than someone pushing their views on other people rather than asking a real question with a desire for honest answers, when people become insulting and consistently call others idiots and morons, when people get blocked just because they didn't agree with someone's own views, then I have no problem with the question being deleted.

As far as the TOU, I can easily see questions like that being deleted. It's disruptive and violates the spirit of the site and the spirit of the TOU.

The leftists and rightists can go to Washington and start beating the crap out of each other for all I care. But leave a few sanctuaries where we don't have to listen to it 24/7.

• I don't think so, they just need to have a new set of guidelines for what questions should and should not be removed, and there needs to be some oversight on that.

• But anything 'conservative' gets removed immediately. Anything that is critical of Obama and his administration is removed immediately. Anything that is anti-Socialism or projects from a "wealthy" vantage point is removed immediately. So once again, I ask why the conservative viewpoint never has a chance here and it's all about the liberal ideal?

• if they do that, then it should be stopped, hence a new set of guidelines should be made for what kinds of questions should and should not be removed, as I stated.

• Having mature and experienced moderators would be a good start.

• If you want to mention names, do so.

This is the internet, after all and you're entitled to your own opinion.

• I don't know if the moderators can remove questions just like that as they see fit.

I think questions are only removed if a couple of people reported it as nonsense, offensive or antagonistic.

When they are subsequently removed with out being reported is when really offensive material is being preached like hate racism or links to naked pictures from other members.

• Those issues don't need to be addressed and discussed on this site. There are plenty of forums where people can whine about politics freely. Let's not make this site one either.

• Yes these issues do need to be discussed here because they impact America and the world. There are no rules for not asking political questions and people need to not be afraid of asking them or have them removed when they do. There is no reason people can't or shouldn't be able to discuss political matters at hand. I mean, you wouldn't vote for someone you don't know anything about, would you?

• Not at all. You're one of the "know-it-all's" that gets your point across under any circumstance and then never stops until you've sufficiently pissed everyone in the question off. You beat the dead horse is what you do. I can totally tell.

• I only engage in conversation when the other side does too.

• They seem to have very low standards for picking a moderator. It seems more like a popularity contest more than anything. It seems to be the white knights and kiss ***es who get picked. This site needs variety, not a bunch of predictable answers that don't help anyone.

I think there should be an age limit and also a minimum length of membership. I have never seen any site that picked mods with less than a year at the site.

• I did notice someone became a moderator after being on GAG for only a couple months. I remember thinking, "Wow, that was fast!" Haha!

• I think you're talking about me. It was only a couple weeks but you have to consider my previous moderator experience and regular activity on the site.