What do you think of sarcastic answers that some GAGers give? Do you give sarcastic answers?

What do you think of sarcastic answers that some GAGers give? Do you think this is good or bad? Explain your reasoning.

The second question is: do you give sarcastic answers?

• Yes, I give sarcastic answers.
  • No, I don't give sarcastic answers.
I should have put a third poll choice, and it would have been "Sometimes, I give sarcastic answers, and it depends on...(see below)".

Most Helpful Girl

• Sarcastic answers are annoying. It's likely only funny to the person that wrote it. I think it's bad cause it seldom contains anything constructive for the person who asked the question. However like MorbidPrincess94 mentioned... sometimes really troll-ish questions need a few sarcastic answers for full effect. But serious questions and sarcastic answers shouldn't be together. I really try not to give sarcastic answers. Sometimes what I say may come across as that but in reality I never planned for it to be sarcastic.

What Girls Said 11

• Both. When a person is being deliberately dense, I figure he/she has it coming. He/she opened the door, I'm just walking through. I don't care if my answer is annoying or irritating to others, because I'm that kind of a person. The issue for me is, did I find myself hilarious? Probably I did. Probably I cackled as I typed. *I* was entertained, and isn't that what's truly important? (YES. Yes, it is.)

When a person is truly asking for advice or another point of view, I will respond sincerely. But people who are unrelentingly good-natured and without a shred of snark annoy me. I'm sorry, but there you go. I find it irritating because most of the time people like that are firmly seated on their high horse, looking down upon those who dare find levity in the gravity of everyday life. Those people make me want to behave badly and say outrageous things purely for shock value. I can picture them clutching their proverbial pearls wondering just what the world can be coming to . It is said that sarcasm is the last bastion for the slow of wit, but I heartily disagree. There is little better in life than witty repartee and I see nothing wrong with having a little fun at the expense of others- so long as I am able to also poke fun at myself- which I am. The glaringly bland earnest types do nothing for me but draw fire.

Some of us are sharks... and everyone who's not is wearing meat-pants.

• I've seen some people who believe they're right and everybody else is wrong, and if I say they're wrong, they think the same way about me.

• Blackwaterhattie, your second paragraph is great. I'm wondering if you're a Hax reader?

• I have no idea what that is. I gotta Google it!

• Since you can't relay tone over the internet, there should be a smiley or some obvious indicator to say it's sarcasm, otherwise it could be really damaging.

I don't like being sarcastic on here unless I'm dealing with someone willfully ignorant and I'm super-obvious about it.

• I find it funny to read sarcastic answers to dumb questions. If the question is not serious then I don't give a serious answer.

• I just can't resist giving really obnoxious, dumb questions sarcastic answers.

• I think they're not useful when someone reallyisnlooling for serious answers

• aDz mentioned recently that I am sarcastic/scathing so I must be,since he is a very observant person and knows me better than any other GAGer.Haha.My best friend whom I have known since I'm 17 also said I'm sarcastic although she is not a GAGer so there must be some truth to it.Hahaha.

• Most of the time when I am sarcastic,it's actually unintentional.And the last thing of me being sarcastic is to hurt people.I am sarcastic because I care as I just don't understand those hurtful things that people do.

• No, I don't give sarcastic answers. If I don't like the question, I will just ignore it.

• It's all in good hearted fun.

• I used to but then GAG thought I was trolling. *shrugs* guess they don't have a sense of humor.

• It is trolling. It's because you get points for the answers you give, and sometimes the answers are supposed to be helpful. It's because the points you can be traded for monety items. They'd go broke if people kept on trolling.

• Is this a sarcastic question?

• I do sometimes act sarcastic when the answer is obvious, but people are refusing to accept it. I don't even mean to, it just comes naturally.

There are some people that answer everything hatefully and sarcastically and sometimes it's just unnecessary. After seeing every answer be like that from someone, I tend to not even give their advice any consideration anymore. It's the same when someone answers everything with a "I'm so much smarter and better than everyone" attitude.

• What about anonymous users, or do you just not accept anonymous users?

• Oh, I can point out a few people you just referred as smarter and better than everyone else. They will deny it of course, but it always comes back in the way they answer many questions. Sighs.

I think they just had too many bad life experiences which made them like this, so we can't really get mad at them.

• I allow anonymous answers, no real reason not to.

What Guys Said 15

• No I never give sarcastic answers...

• What is your reasoning?

• What if he is actually the most sarcastic out of all of us...

• I didn't see those three dots...

• I prefer to give clear, concise, and to the point answers; it is kind of interesting to read some of the other sarcastic answers though. It adds variety.

• Never. Every pearl of wisdom that exits my fingertips via text is utterly sincere.

• I almost never give sarcastic answers. I try to be honest and to the point. I think that's the most helpful type of answer. Sarcastic answers can be funny sometimes, but they rarely help the asker.

• I can't help it, it's part of my programming.

So, which question made you come up with this one?

• I don't have a problem with sarcastic answers, because most of the time I can see the hidden messages within. It's like the Matrix. What, I do have a problem with is stupid racist remarks. Other than that, it's all good.

• Sometimes offensive answers are sarcastic and don't answer the question. Other times, I can't figure out sarcasm unless there is a smiley. Another thing is that answers are meant to be helpful, and sarcastic answers sometimes don't help the question asker. Sometimes, not always.

• Dumb questions often deserve the most sarcastic answers.

• I never give sarcastic answers. People come here with problems and they deserve well-written and wisdom-full answers so that they'll be motivated and more inspired not just in the dating world, but in the real world as well.

• I think some of them are pretty funny. I've given into the temptation to give snarky and sarcastic answers a few times.

• I enjoy sarcastic answers because they can be funny and make light of a serious situation, although you can't always give them because people genuinely come here in need of help and we have to be sensitive to that.

• me? never... how can someone stoop so low as to try an attempt at seeming like having some sort of personality by being sarcastic?... o.0

• I do, when I read silly questions or obvious questions like "what does it mean when he says he likes me?" Then in my brain for 5 min I keep going on about how oblivious can you be and then I try not to be a jerk but I end up answering sarcastically just so they see how silly there question is... Lol now I just avoid dumb questions haha

• some questions are so stupid I just wanna punch the QA in the face, but since that's impossible I have to resolve to sarcasm and make fun of his incompetence

• No, I never ever give sarcastic answers. Ever!

• Sometimes I just can't help myself if the question is too dumb, but I try to restrict myself, because it's not very polite. Many times I've found myself waiting for someone else to give the sarcastic answer so I don't have to.

• I usually cry then throw things around. If there's a door near I'll slam it as hard as I can..