Has anyone else noticed on GAG the different responses between the guys and girls?

I have noticed (and am guilty of this too) that typically when a girl answers a question she is blunt, strongly opinionated, and sometimes negative whereas the guys are more encouraging, still blunt, but in a more pleasant way. I also find that a guy's answers are more helpful than a girl's. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I would just expect the opposite. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• In general, I agree. Men tend to be driven by logic while women tend to be more driven by emotion. Not always, but those are the general tendencies. Men see a problem and want to try to solve it. It's an often repeated fact that one of women's frustrations with men is that when women discuss a problem, men try to solve it. They don't usually want him to solve it...they just want him to listen and be supportive. I see that reflected in the answers from men and women here.

• "Men tend to be driven by logic while women tend to be more driven by emotion." Lets flip that script as women are both, that's the beauty of being female, we're able to multi-task.. @Anonymous user, ." I also find that a guy's answers are more helpful than a girl's. It's not necessarily a bad thing" Explain how that can be a good thing for girs?

• Men are driven by their penis. it requires no thinking..

Considering you felt compelled to defend yourself makes you seem paranoid and not reasonable.,

she said men white wash things more than women. in logic you are direct not empathetic-- like a computer. not a kiss ass.

men are more 'helpful' when they want sex. they want to feel as if any they help will have sex with them.

I find _most_ men on here lack insight because they are too interested in hearing their own voice and are bigoted.

• Not bitter, are you toulouse?

Sorry...that was a clearly a rhetorical question.

Thanks for the emotional response...

What Guys Said 9

• Its because men are obviously superior to women. (I sense a lot of incomming dislikes so let me save myself)

That was a joke. Serious note now.

To be honest, it does depends what question you ask because some will favour girls whilst other favour guy. But on a fundimental level guys and girls brains work entirely differently in terms of chemical makeup and chemical response so a difference in answers is expected.

A large factor could also be how girls feel more inclined to remain nice over their answers whereas the type of guy who ends up on the site tends to go for the blunt, and more fed-up approach. The kind of way they wish they could answer women in real life but can't because they would cause a sh*t storm to end all sh*t storms.

• I dunno, I don't even know what my own advice is like... I usually think a lot of people aren't that blunt on here unless they're a regular or their anonymous.

• It could be how a guy answers to a girl, vs. how a girl answers to a girl. A double factor. I find myself being less harsh with girls, just due to the natural protectiveness I have for women.

• Seems reasonable. Men are logically trying to find a solution to an issue when we answer. We might be insensitive and blunt, but we are trying to tell you how we see it and how to fix it, not dance around an issue. That's how guys communicate.

• Guys are not control freaks most of the time. "guy's answers are more helpful than a girl's" > you're a charming girrlll...

• _Not_control freaks? You put your names on our babies,kill people for oil, and hog the clicker.

• Ur a feminist! (Bush , Clinton and Bama kill people for oil) don't stereo type the P*nis.

• Are you, by chance, a hot girl?

• Guys have an interest in making girls more confident. After all, guys do like to be approached.

Girls, however, are in competition with one another for male attention.

• That's because a lot of guys want to inspire women to pursue their dating lives and not lose hope in the dating world. We want you to be successful in your own path.

• Girls are constantly seeing other girls as rivals. I think that prevents them from being genuinely helpful to other girls.

What Girls Said 8

• I sort of agree with you...but...not so much.

For starters,I have noticed that when guys respond,the answers are relatively short...but to THEIR point,like..."Move on." Or..."Don't do it." Or...'I totally agree with you." I don't always think its helpful to NOT explain an answer to a QA,but I've seen that SOME guys here do the "hit and run" answers,that aren't explained,and then the QA is trying to ask that user 3 more questions...only to find that he/she is NOT responding OR recieves another 4 word response.But some of the guys here are VERY thoughtful and intelligent and they give THEIR honest opinion.JUST because you think the guys are more ENCOURAGING,it DOESN'T mean they are actually being HELPFUL.You must remember that this is still a website,and you can get rubbish from anywhere.Some people are mainly here to get a TGIF gift card...SO...put that into context when trying to analyze their approach and or responses.I've gotten TERRIBLE advice from SOME guys here over time,but in no way can I collectively judge guys' opinions based on that. I definitely don't agree that a guys answers are more helpful than girls.I believe in certain situations,GUYS can have a much more logical way of thinking...BUT...that is not to say that some girls here don't have their finger on the pulse so to speak.Users here ask questions,and pick and choose not necessarily information that's helpful,but information that feeds what they WANT TO HEAR.So,whether or not advice is "helpful" is completely subjective.Because MOST of the people here post and repost the same bloody questions regularly seeking answers in alignment with their OWN point of view.So how is that helpful again?

Onto the girls...

This is where logic comes in.When speaking about guys on this site,and relationships...its unbelievable how many girls here allow guys to treat them like GARBAGE and their advice to other girls is..."Its okay sweety that he didn't respond to any of your 12 calls or 26 text messages.He's loves you,but he is busy...just try again."Or,"Yeah,my boyfriend cheated on me 3 times,but we love each other...so now we are back together.So,you and your boyfriend are meant for each other even though he's dating a new girl,he WILL come back!Good Luck sweety!" Ummmm?Duuuurrrrr! Or,you will have some girl respond to a question,NOT even answering the question,but just telling their long drawn out story like this is a bloody therapy session.I'm like,thanks for NOT even answering the question but instead telling me ALL about YOUR troubles. -_-

Words like RUDE are thrown around frequently here...which ANNOYS me.QAs are quick to say an answer is rude if you tell them something like..."You helped cause this problem.Its important to take responsibility." I told one user this and she flew off the damn handle.I then told her I wouldn't baby her,but I'm going to be REAL and LOGICAL...which resulted in my answer being...DELETED.I've been pretty blunt as of late because I'm really sick of users...

• being too sensitive and not wanting to here the TRUTH."NO...for the love of god he is NOT interested in you."...NO...don't call again.NO...he's married leave him alone.NO...you behave like a doormat...people will treat you poorly.NO.NO.NO."My own responses as of late has been a reflection of my own frustration with people just not wanting to HEAR their faults,or in general...just not even listening.Having had a lot of responses removed since either the QA is butthurt about it,or because we got

• And I am going on record saying that.Honest,blunt,as well as intelligent.And I am saying this simply because I have received some AMAZING advice from girls here that remains with me till this day! :)

So,I agree with you in some ways,other ways not so much.Sorry about the novel of a response...a lot of my responses can be novels.Just got carried away...:)

• P.S.

I've now resorted to mainly answering questions like,"Do these socks match this dress?"Seemingly,you can't be "rude" to anyone answering a question like that now can you?An easy question for a hit and run response...helllllooooo Amazon gift cards.No more "rude" answers from me...-_-

• I do not share your experience.

There are a handful of people (Women and men) on here who are equisitely insightful perceptive rational compassionate and exceedingly well thought out. They make this site valuable.

very many ore are short tempered bitter dogmatic bigoted and can't seem to take a few minutes to properly read through a question, let alone think through their answers. Far too interested in hearing the sound of their voice, or the sight of their keys to bother paying attention, or even considering the actual matter at hand, far removed from w/e mantra they come preassembled with prepared to spit out at any question.

This pertains to bothWomen and Men, and it would be a reasonable assumption that men are more prejudiced against women than women are however I see no evidence of this... I see as much foolishness dumped on the innate incapabilities of women coming from women as well as men.

it is very difficult to get answers that you don't have the impression have been copied from the latest article of cosmo magazine.

individual thinkers are hard to come by. Certainly not because one Sex answers more profoundly than the other.

• Tbh, your question sonds like you are either a guy pretending to be a Woman, or a suck up.

• I've seen a fair mix of all types of responses in both genders. I think certain questions are more likely to elicit certain responses from the different sexes. Maybe you just happen to be looking at the kind of questions that tend to make women snarky?

• Amuse :

She said the opposite of what you are saying.You just agreed with her assessment of Women not Men.

Though that was my point to annymous. Women get to the point and are blunt - logical. Men dance around it because they want to feel desired and flattered. Ego boosts are not helpful just an illusion.

• Not with all. I try to be honest! I don't try to upset anyone either male nor female. I try to put myself in their shoes and I would rather someone be honest even if it is a little grim.

• I haven't really noticed this.

After being here a while and being very active on here, you get to know some of the people (their answers, I mean). There are some people that are super blunt and really give people.reality checks. There are others who are still honest, but deliver it with a slightly lighter punch. And them there are others that always seem to agree with whatever the question asked says. It could be that they just answer question that they do agree with too, I don't know. But I haven't really noticed a distinction between genders regarding these things.

I will say this though, *most* of the trolling I see comes from male profiles. I have no idea why that is. It could even be women trolling as men to make men look worse, haha! Who knows?

• Lmao I see the opposite actually...

• No, but I've noticed that plenty of women try to put other women down all the time.