Why don't people on GAG select Best Answer?

I have answered like 100+ questions and when I get in to check if they selected an answer as the best (even if is not mine) they don't. Is it too much of a challenge to actually pick one answer? Lol when I ask a question it bothers me to see the little "select answer" in the red font.

Who here actually selects BA ? If you don't why don't you?

• I select best answer to my questions
  • I just ask, never choose any answer as the best.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always select Best Answer for my questions.

People took the time and effort to write their responses, and I would like to reward those.

What Guys Said 8

• i give out ba's to my gag brethren, hell I gave one out just a few minutes ago. some of these people on here need a kick in their ass to stop being so lazy and do the damn thing already. it ain't hard usually, just pick one that's on point or if it makes you laugh. come on man easy money.

• I do it nearly every time..overall I be it's no more than 10%., It's a good way for people to commuicate and get to know each other on the site, so I recommend it whenever anyone asks.

Peopl;e are focused on themselves, I think, and don't even consider taking the time to select a BA.

I think people should get a reward for giving BA. Maybe some points?

• I don't, I usually don't ask questions that have a best answer, they're often just peoples opinion... I don't worry that much, a lot of people only come here to ask a few questions and never learn about best answer, just upvoting and downvoting...

• I know watcha mean. My answers are always the best, and hardly anyone tells me.

• Some don't think it's important, some forget, some choose later, some can't decide which one is best.

• I always try to pick one if good answers are given on my nutty questions.

Sometimes it's kinda hard especially when I'm on the can and my pc is in the hallway. ;-)

• I pick them for my questions.

• If there are no particularly good answers, I don't select a BA.

• There has to be one that at least makes you laugh. When I have no idea who to pick I choose the one with less xper points.

• I want to incentivize good answers though.

• I guess. It just bothers me to see red and not green.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, I think I've selected best answer for pretty much all of my questions. I give it some time though, and every once in a while go through to make sure I didn't forget. I don't ask many advice-related questions, it's usually about what people think. I just pick an answer that was insightful, detailed, funny, stood out the most to me, or all of the above. There's usually at least one and often several, but even if it's hard to decide I figure it's better to give it to someone rather than no one. It encourages people to answer.

• I've selected best answer a few times, when the question

was more pretaining to myself and it was helpful advice in

one way are another. But, mostly my questions are just about things

in general that I'm curious about, so there really isn't one answer

that's better then the other. I just appreciate all the answers.

Plus, to be honest I don't really think about it lol. I'm always thinking

about something, so I guess it really doesn't cross my mind.

• Depends on the answers. Sometimes all the answers are too crappy to give a best answer to someone. 50% of my questions get selected.

• Some just forget to

• I do. But sometimes the question doesn't have a best answer because you never got the answer you were looking for. Such as this one I posted yesterday: link .

• I rarely select one