Why do moderators off of gag, want to moderators?

It's very doubtful they get paid and they devote so much time to be on this site. Is it a hobbie to them? Why do moderators off of gag, want to moderators?

Thanks ketfoen for the spell check error. Yes it should be:

Why do moderators, want to be moderating here on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't ask for it, but I was glad to become one, to help the site. I've really enjoyed GAG, so I like being able to help keep it fun, helpful, and productive. I don't "enjoy" removing stuff, it's not a power trip thing, haha! But I do enjoy helping people as much as possible, and that sometimes includes get rid of unnecessarily hateful and/or unhelpful posts. Unfortunately, moderators are necessary because people can be tools. Haha!

• You know what sucks though about these "tools"? People just badmouth us like all we do is sweep the site, looking to ruin somebody's fun. Like we're all trolls with authority, looking to screw people. Or like we're all here to enforce some political agenda whenever some asshat's question is removed for calling President Obama an "N-----".

• Thanks for BA :-)

What Girls Said 6

• I don't really spend any more time here as a moderator then I did as a user...

I just use the site like normal.. and remove whatever I see that needs to be removed...

and all it takes is a couple of clicks..

• As for why I want to...

It's easy and I like to help...

I like helping and I'm good at easy..

• We don't get paid, but we remove unnecessary questions that are rude or disrespectful to other users. I don't devote my life to this site, I go on it at least once a week and answer one question every time and sign out.

• they get rid of the hate and trolls.

• they help out the site.

• i think it's just a hobby and a way to spend some time

• It's probably a hobby.

What Guys Said 6

• Pretty much like everyone else said it. Quite a few of us didn't even ask for it, we just got it. When I got it I was pleased because back then there were a LOT of trolls, bots and spammers. There's less of them now, but it's good to be able to shut down antagonists or remove questions/answers that either start sh!t or just plain suck. It's nice to help out and clean up. We're not devoting out lives to this site. We're here anyway. The moderation is just something we can do in between questions.

• Why? Well I joined the site to help people. Helping people has always been a hobby of mine. It gives me something to do. So when I randomly got assigned moderator, I kept helping. But seriously, being a moderator on her requires very little effort. There's so many of us that the job usually gets done even if one of us misses something. I didn't want the position in the first place, I just didn't turn it down. Seriously it's the easiest damned moderator position I've ever held.

• Sense of responsibility, position of respect etc.

Hell, if they werent moderators theyd probably still frequently be on this site so they may as well do so from the best position they can.

You might not have been here for the days of few moderators, countless trolls and d*** questions. But these days are noticeably improved.

• "Why do moderators off of gag, want to moderators?" after spell check and numerous corrections later "Why do moderators, want to be moderating here on GAG?"

Maybe to help others with their spelling? nah, that's my job. :D

Your welcome.

• your so mean lol.

• I think he meant to say "You're so mean.". ***You're*** As in "You are". "Your" is a word implying ownership. As if to say Ketfoen has possession of a "so mean".

• I guess so. So, the words "so mean" is now mine. Maybe he is reacting on my spelling on "your" in "Your welcome". I guess he is rather observant and did catch that one.

You're welcome.

• All we do is remove bad comments that we come across while answering or asking questions.

We're just cleaning up the site, that's all.

• Someone suggested I do it. I like the site, I agreed because I figured I could give something back to the community. I wouldn't say I 'enjoy' being a moderator. Its just that since I'm on, I can take action if I see something that needs to be fixed.

• It's nice to help out and clear out the crap I guess