Do you think you give better advice than the average GaGer?

Do you think you give better advice than the average person who gives advice on GAG?

• I give better advice than the average person.
  • I give advice like the average person.
  • I give worse advice than the average person.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to think I give average advice. If it isn't, at least I try to be rational. I think a lot of others try to do the same thing, however, there are some who don't. I would like to think I fall somewhere in the middle.

• I think you give very good advice, but I think you're just trying to be humble. That's very good. We should all learn from you, to be humble like you.

What Girls Said 6

• It is difficult to tell how your advice will be received over the internet. The reader may take it in a way you did not intend and then completely shut you out/block you so you cannot explain yourself. I like to think I give decent advice. I know I give pretty awesome advice in real life but on here? It just depends on who's reading it and how much of a hard headed stubborn mule they choose to be on any given day :p

• I rarely do my best to give reliable advice in here. I do, but not often.

I have to agree with @aDzNichilista. I'm mostly an observer.

Sometimes I attempt to troll with my answers.

• No,definitely not!

Honestly I rarely give advice.Most of my answers are more of comments than advice.Haha.But I think I can give pretty good advice if I really bother to but I'm lazy and seldom in a mood to.

• I have no idea what you mean by "average" but I think I give pretty good advice on here.

• I'm not quite sure what average is either, and I can't really assess that, but I'm trying to do a study, to see whether people overrate, underrate, or rate themselves just right. I won't know if people are accurate though.

• B: I give advice like the average person.

i merely gave short replies, sometimes lazy to type out everything

• I have no idea how I compare with others. Everyone sees and experiences things differently so they will respond accordingly.

I just try to give my opinion on some topics when I think I can be helpful which isn't very often ^_^. I'm basically only here for advice myself and because I really like GaG.

What Guys Said 13

• I give the best advice there could possibly be. People would sh*t their pants and have heart attacks if they read the pure wisdom concentrate contained in the written form of my awesomeness. So for the sake of preserving gagger's heart conditions and trouser integrity, I decided to tone my advice down and make it more comprehensible to mere human minds.

But even with it being toned down, when people read my advice, it's like they're blessed with second sight, they see where they were blind, the whole light of the truth comes crashing down on them and lifts them up out of the ashes of their previously ignorant puny brains.

True story.

• I just give advice, I don't compare my answers to anyone elses.

• I don't know if I'm "better" than most users, but I do think the question through before answering it. And I try to give descriptive and honest answers. I noticed that some users just write down a few words without really answering the question or helping the asker. However, there are users who give long and professional-style answers which I really like. I am not good enough to answer like that though. Overall, I think I'm slightly above average. That's just how I see it.

• That's hard to say -- I'm just now getting back on here for the first time in 2 years; early on when the site started, I was actually the all-time points leader here. ...

... But, it's not a competition. I'm just happy to give advice that helps people, if in fact it proves to help. Sometimes I get messaged privately for private questions.

Some people may have better advice than others, but, as long as it's advice that's useable, anyone at any time might be able to give a great piece of advice.

• I seldom give advice to people in here. I mostly roam here as a phantom who observes.

• Yes. By the way if you ask people if they are "better" or "more" than average about anything objective they are inclined to answer it with "yes". As you can see: average is considered modest and below average is almost a sign of low self esteem.

I wouldn't include a "neutral", "don't know" or "average" to my polls because they f*** up the statistics.

• All I'm gonna say is when I give advice, I tell it like how I see it.

• I really couldn't say. I do my best to give the best advice I can based on my personal experience. I do strongly feel that the majority of advice is garbage. I do not feel I fall into that category because I put thought into the answer.

Furthermore, some of the questions here are funny. Others are just stupid. A funny question gets a funny answer and a stupid question gets a stupid answer. Or just me telling the person off.

• I believe I give better advice than the average GaGer (no homo), because my deeply complex mind gives detailed answers, plus I genuinely care about helping people out.

• I hardly give my best advice in here. I hardly give my advice at all, to be honest. I'm mostly an observer here.

• This website is a mean of procrastination... so I don't really care if I'm the best or not at giving advice.

When some of my advices are useful, I guess at least it was not a fully useless procrastination lol.

• of course I do.

• yeah. everyone else is stupid, so yeah.