After reading this thread on GAG, link being shared....

link

I want to know do girls ever assume a guy is taken? I know of someone who some girl thought had a girlfriend but he actually didn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is common for both genders to think, its a way to convince yourself to not talk to someone when really you have no idea if they are taken and you are just afraid of putting yourself out there. I am guilty of this! I will also tell myself he is probably gay.lol

What Girls Said 8

• When I first meet a guy, if they're at all attractive, I assume he's taken. If I get to know him and he's flirty, I would change my initial assumptions. I guess it's just something I do. Maybe it's to keep from getting hurt, I dunno.

• Depends on how they act.

If a guy never sees you on weekends and texts or calls either really late at night or in the day or takes days to reply and is generally "hard work" I assume he's got someone on the go and communicating around avoiding her! Happened to me twice and can spot this pattern now thankfully!

• When the guy is quite attractive in my eyes, then actually, yes, I do assume he's taken !

It's not a correct conclusion when you stop to think about it but that's my initial reflex.

• Goes both ways. Many of us guys also assume attractive girls are already taken, and perhaps rightfully so. But even then, a few of us do go out there and test our luck.

• I never assumed guys are taken. It feels like your making an excuse to not go approach them. as if you scared or something. It could be quite embarrassing if he is truly taken and you pursue him tho.

• Most people assume I'm taken despite being single for over 3 years (by choice).

• I hardly assume that a guy is taken unless there obvs telltale signs, cos otherwise, I will not be able to approach much guysmif I think they are all taken. So are you taken? :P lol

• I always do that because it always seems like everyone is taken :C But you never know for sure, its just a matter of getting to know the person and seeing if they have a relationship going on.

• I assume everyone is spoken for, until I learn that they aren't. It's safer that way, haha!

• And if I want to learn, I just ask.

• Yeah that's understandable. Like this answer :p

• Thanks :-)

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes I've gotten it, but not a lot.

I had a cashier tell me she loved my wedding ring (it wasn't a wedding band, was on the wrong hand and wrong finger, too)

I think everyone else would believe I'm single; I keep that info private; though on occasion I've gotten clients who have invited my wife and I out to parties.

The kids I teach are blown away when I say I'm not married and have no kids. They always ask; I'm assuming that it's because they want to figure out how old I am as opposed to thinking I'm SO AWESOME that I HAVE to be married.

• They assume a guy is taken since they don't have the time to see if he really is since time is short, and they'll just pick up on signals.