Why did GAG get rid of the chat?

the chat bar its really hard to talk to friends and have conversations why did they get rid of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Like others mentioned, Google bought Meebo, it was discontinued.

GAG hasn't announced when or if a replacement is being considered yet. I'm sure they're discussing it, at least.

You can still send private messages and post on others' walls to stay in touch :-)

What Guys Said 7

• Google closed it down; it was't Gag's idea. A lot of people have left the site because they do miss it , though.

• oh and yeah few friends I know also said they werent gonna use the site anymore because its gone now

• On the other hand, a lot of trolls and stalkers left because they ca't pay their games any longer without Meebo..so it's a double edged sword.

Best Answer, no?

• So we can't have any fun.

• Since they got rid of it I hardly come to this site much any more, it's a pain to send messages to my friends.. This site should of never relied on an outside source for chat in the first place.

• I don't know but I use messaging to connect to mine.

• It's because google acquired it.

• Google ruined it

• They didn't get rid of it. It's been discontinued. They're probably working on finding a replacement, but it will take time.

What Girls Said 3