What do you think of reality check on GirlsaskGuys?

I actually kind of like it, it may sound shallow, but I would love to be ranked by other people.

But, clearly there's not enough people on it, either because...

- not enough people know about it

-they're too afraid to get a low score/being judged

-think it's stupid/shallow

So what do you think about it?

+ you guys should join =)

• I had no clue it existed!
  • It's dead... No one on there
  • It's awesome!
  • It's stupid...
  • Why would I want to be ranked?!?!?
+ feel free to rate me

link

Thanks I'd really appreciate it =)

For all of the guys/girls that had good suggestions to make Reality Check better, you should post them on:

link

The guy that runs it takes suggestions and your opinion about it.+ he updated it

-at one point you had to rate girls and guys, and all age gropes. Now you have a choice.

-also posted another question to be judged on, "Do I have the right approach?"

So feel free to coment

Most Helpful Guy

• People aren't given much space to talk..and only about what they'd like in a date..so there's no way to get much of a good feel for who they are as a person.

And, then, the average age here is probably not more than 19.

As a result, people are mostly just rated on their picture. A pretty girl always gets a 9 or a 10, even if she just says 'whatever the guy wants is fine with me. and says nothing else..and someone not so pretty gets a low rating, no matter how original and throughtful her dating idea is.

So it's hard to take it too seriously. Guys' profiles are a little more interesting, because guys aren't rated by their looks in their picture nearly as much.

• It's the comments that are fun to me c: Ratings are just a number, but if someone takes the time to type something out, it's most likely a fun read!

• Yes, the comments can be very interesting!

• Bes tAnswer, no?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fun (I would think; no one's actually ranked me) to see what people think about your idea of a first date or style. We could always use a little confidence boost/constructive criticism every now and then.

What Guys Said 21

• link that's mine ill rate you XP but yeah I'm kinda mad because nobodys on there and I think it could really be a fun thing if people got into it

• I like it. People hate me. They hate me so much I have no reviews, views, or well anything.

I still rate people though.

• It's not a bad feature; I don't use it because I ask/say sometimes stupid and embarrassing things on this site and I don't want to give away who I am in reality.

You seem like a reasonable date and your picture is easy on the eyes, so yeah, I'd theoretically date you.

• i like that feature...n I have rated you 10 as well... :)

• its only crap because it doesn't get a whole lot of views

• I've never used it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

• I don't have much interest in what others rate me, so I've seen no reason to get one. So I guess that falls under E, I think.

• I honestly don't even care where my looks go in some rating system or some bullsh*t like that. I do want opinions and advice on specific things, but given that camera and shot quality is a huge deal in terms of things like uploaded photos, and I don't want to spend the effort it takes to get those things, I just don't feel like it's useful at all.

• didnt know it existed

• I think it's stupid.

• F: I knew it existed but had no clue what it was.

• I'm terrified to use it because I'll be rated really badly lol

• Dang I didn't know this existed. I wanna do it but then I'd have to post a real pic of myself. I'd have to black out my face :(

• I personally don't put one up because I want to remain anonymous.

Though I do rate people on there, for the fun of rating people.

Interesting thing is most girls on there I actually rated highly

• Mine's dead so it sucks for me personally, not many girls are interested at all. Where the girls at?

• I know I'm fat and ugly I don't need to be told I am, unless I ask for someone's opinion.

• I voted E

• it should be judged based on what you WRITE first, then only show the picture of the person after they have voted. Because as you said people are shallow and vote people based on their pic instead of their words.

• Yea I get what you mean... The question is would you date me, not how attractive am I?

You shoukd suggest that I think the guy who runs/made it has a page.

• I have to admit, I start treating it like "hot or not"... I was just about to rate one a 3 before seeing the picture. I ended up rating it a 10. Principles be damned! She was hot.

• I used to have a picture on that HotOrNot website, I got a kick out of it usually. It kinda hurt when people gave me a 0 :-\

I don't need some Internet stranger to tell me whether they'd date me just because of some poorly taken picture I upload and a paragraph describing myself.

I know I can be a great boyfriend for the right girl, and I've realized that I'm not for everyone and everyone's not for me. That's all I really need to be aware of, really.

• Ha! Ha! I'm going to try that site xD

• Yea, I tried it. They turned it into a dating site =(...

Which brings me back to GaG, Would you date me?...

• If I was your age, yes I would. From looking at your profile, you were my favorite type of girl when I was in high school/college.

I am going to be 27 in a week :-\

• I don't think it's useful. It should be closed down, and people who want to be rated should post on the main section of GAG.

Apparently you can upload only one picture. The questions are lame and don't really give you an indication of the person's personality. Also the 1-10 rating system I don't like. Is 6 good? Is 7 good? I personally would prefer 'would date' / 'wouldn't date'. How 'good' someone is you can only really know once you do date them.

• It's dead. When I first came on here, I would go there from time to time, but many of the people haven't been on in quite a while. They should revamp it where everything is listed and the newest reality check is at the top, and they should give you the ability to update it, so that it goes back to the top because you're still around. They should also promote it a little more.

And finally, I think people should be reasonable when it comes to those things. I've always taken something around a 5 to mean average. There's nothing wrong with being average and it doesn't mean that a person is unattractive. Not everyone can be 8s, 9s, or 10s.

What Girls Said 22

• You should go on OhRated or Teenspot. They do loads of regular rating of people seeing as that's your thing. Rating isn't a big deal here because it's more about advice than people's looks. I didn't know about it for a while but when I found it, I wasn't interested in what people thought of my style or if they'd date me. Firstly, I'm not fussed on people's style and secondly, I don't care if people want to date me or not, I have a boyfriend so why would I need to use that?! But later, I added a style one but I've only had like one rate since having it for ages now! I might remove mine. I think rating should be removed from the site altogether though.

• Yea, I personally agree with you, and was super surprised when I saw it on here. Considering this is a site for advice.

• I've never used it but I've heard that it's pretty dead. It seems like a good idea but for whatever reason it seems like it's never really taken off... probably because it's easier to get quick responses by asking questions.

• I don't think anyone under 18 should use the rate me thing, point blank.

Some 35, 45, 55, year old man is envisioning a date and subsequent kiss from a minor.

So that's my first complaint.

Besides that, I say if someone wants it, have at it.

I don't use it and probably never would simply because it's not my cup of tea, but all the adults go at it if you want :)

• I don't like the questions. I might try it if they had better questions. I don't think about "the perfect first date". I'm not that kind of girl. I also don't have the same style every day. That's boring.

• I didn't not know what is was until now! It kinda makes all those rate me questions redundant now...

• I don't think much of reality check :/ I can look really amazing in photos, yea without photoshop /: lol but in real life I'm average, just an average Jane who can look good in photographs my dad says hey look you had your photo face on lol so its not really reality is it :)

• I don't really like it because I don't appreciate the concept of people rating me

• I'm not interested, because people are often cruel, and I don't want a public-for-all dating-profile thing on the internet.

However, you're freaking adorable. :) And you have a lot of confidence for attempting this.

• I did it! You want I should let you know how it went?

• I'M IN. I'm gonna do it. Here I go!

• I go into it sometimes but its dumb

• It seems stupid.

• I hardly use it so I don't get why I get random pop ups of it. I'm not in the photo!

• I don't think i've heard of it... Where is it on GaG? I'd check it out.

• Sorry this question is extremely old. GAG gas changed over the years and the feature had been removed.

• Lol well GAG now allows people to give most helpful opinion to a guy and a girl so I did just that.

• Ohhh... i did that with all my questions yesterday too lol

• I knew it existed but I don't want to do it. Its kind of useless

• Meh I don't pay any attention to it

• Meh never cared for it

• B: It's dead... No one on there

those who were on it, were last seen here a year ago basically pple don't use it

• It's OK. I feel like it an ego booster for some or crusher for others...for the insecure to validate their attractiveness and existence...

• Its kinda lame... but I haven't used it honestly.

• not a big fan

• Out of the 6 years that I've been in this site I've only gone to it twice,