Who do you think are the smartest people on GaG?

Thoughts? I am talking purely intellectually and based on how well reasoned they are able to argue without resorting to ad hominem attacks to divert attention

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 34

• id say it depends on the topic... id say gotc147 for political stuff, belgie is pretty smart too, but I see him on more philosophical type things, I don't know I like religions and philosophy and I consider myself pretty adept at those two areas link

link

• lol... tough one to answer but here may be some guide lines to consider on who might be.

1. does said person give good answers (non judgemental)

2. does said answers give practical advice (not like grow a pair)

3. does the advice seem to be actually helpful not only to the OP but to others in similar positions

4. is said advice backed up with examples that are verifiable (web sites and the like)

5. is said advice something you would recommend to a close friend if in like position as OP's "?"

LOL... know that I know there are people on sites like these that ask some crazy questions and can see someone taking the liberty to be somewhat smirkish in their responses (such as a possible troll)... however if questions seemed to be ask with sincerity and needing an answer

that needs a good response that helps.

there are some OP's that post long posts to give the responders as much info to be able to make an informed reply (which some read part an make short replies that doesn't help the OP in the least.) other OP's give so little info that it would be almost impossible to give any kind of good reply. this small paragraph may seem to have nothing to do with your question but in some degree they do.

myself I like giving practical advice that not only helps now but info that can be used for the rest of their lives if they want to. and yes to some they may be long posts ...lol..

but when one says grew a pair doesn't help anyone but a response that says that and then gives examples on how to (which is what many really need otherwise they wouldn't be on sites such as this for answers). seems to be a better responder than someone with such a short response (which is really a put down in a way) to the OP for asking the question.

• Its hard to say who is the smartest, because for me, it depends on the topic. Some people tend to excel in some topics better than others, even if they give good answers overall. Generally they always seem to have one major characteristic and that's giving well thought out and detailed answers, in essence, dissecting the question and giving complete knowledgeable answers in reference to the question. Based on that I really couldn't say who's smartest, but there are some pretty intelligent minds in GaG.

• I suppose Belgie? But, that could just be because he has spock as his icon...

However, this question is a little unfair - the problem is that most question-askers don't really appreciate "intellectual, reasoned responses." In most cases they are only looking for self-conformation or sexting. So there is no real incentive for such people to even be here - let alone show their colors.

The list of people who do not fit your criteria is pretty long, though..

• yeah question askers only like what they want to hear, and generally what they want to hear is very easy to tell from the question... "does he like me?, he gave me these 100 signs ..."

• The highest iq people here are probably some if the more unstable guys who live in their parents basement and rant about things. They have problems but raw brainpower isn't one of them.

There are some your people who speak well here about political economic or social issues, but they aren't really challenged much because many of the other smart people here don't get involved on those topics. Most people here aren't actually looking to argue with people who hold opposing views.

• Also some of us might sound more intelligent if our phones' autocorrect feature worked better.

• I vote for SelfishStars. She's smart as a whip and really nice to boot.

• Belgie is the frequent poster who gives the MOST good advice. He has no sectarian agendas.

Martyfellow is a close second.

• I don't know who's the most intelligent on GAG but you are probably the most intelligent and articulate when comes to answering my questions on GAG.I'm going to check Belgie out since you mention him.You can't be too wrong.

• I don't really pay attention to that. On GaG, I tend to look for questions in the categories I am best with (health, relationships, behavior, other), answer them to the best of my ability and then that's that. In questions I ask, I just pick the response that best answers the question. It prevents me from being biased.

As for the existence of intellectuals on here, they do exist. I tend to not really remember the user names, but there have been some amazing questions on here and I have chatted with a few very bright individuals here.

• I would say the smartest people are the ones that gave you advice, you followed up on it and gave you real results.

The ability to form coherent sentences or give a detailed opinion on a topic does not make a person smart if that's the ONLY topic they know about. Its like asking a basketball question when most of the users know about baseball. In a question/advice website like GAG, I think results are the ones who determine the most "valuable" members, so to call them.

• This is more of a popularity contest since VERY few answers adequately display a user's intelligence level. There are some fine, educated folk on 'GAG' as well as some Jerry Springer guests.

• Damn. After four years, 2000+ answers and 66 Best Answers, I don't get even an honorable mention! Guess I suck afterall :P

Oh well, can't be the best all the time!

• ipickmynose gets my vote.

• Nobody debates on an intellectual level on here.

• I'll vote Why-Makoto-Kun, even though her name reminds me of one of my most hated animes ever.

Also points to the QA, simply for using the words "ad hominem" that I had to look up xD

• Probably

Prof Don or Sparrow

Palek is pure comedy, but gives some good advice. Never seen him debate something with someone though, he has ''Swag.'' lol I hate that word when used seriously, swag is a funny word.

• Palek

• palek

• Well plenty of people on this argue without resorting to ad hominess attacks; they simply use a straw man argument or a red herring instead.

• I love the egos coming out here. Great question. But the smartest person on here is the one with the cutest hat in her profile picture :)

• me Kairon156

katiesmuff

• me of course

• no clue but I do have an idea about who has the coolest hat on gag :P

• Mr Oracle

Belgie

Selfishstars

Sparrow

Knowmeyourself

Watch out for these users. you'll learn great things

• I believe that if you name yourself or someone that people just don't like for whatever reason, automatic down vote. Then again, there really doesn't have to be a reason for that here. Just ignore it.

• haters gonna hate

• Albert Einstein.

• I will say myself and apart from me it should be palek, anyways kisses to all you girls out there, love you all.

• Belgie

• Junior21 is a genious

• To conclude, you can't answer this question as theirs too many factors to consider, judge and decide upon... fun fun fun.

• The three I notice that usually give the most well thought out and articulate responses are SelfishStars, Janson, and ArtistBoy

• yeah sh*t artist boy is ridiculously good at explaining stuff

• SwissCheeze

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 8

• Selfishstars. She always puts thought in her answers. She is the most intelligent person on gag imo.

• RedThread

(hoping I got the name 100% correct)

:)

• Due to the high levels of intelligent, unbiased, advice and responses received, it's hard to choose

On the real though, I feel like people on here try to come across as smart sometimes...not to say they aren't, but sometimes I do think people try to come across as deep or intellectual

• Amuse I think has the highest IQ and the rest mentioned are just good in blah blah life problem solving and their own interpretation of things. they also live here lol but yea there are many kinds of intelligence though

• That's pretty brave of you, I've got mad haters. =P

• I don't know of anyone that gives well reasoned advice constantly.

• Dudeman.

No seriously, he thinks he's smart

• They're aren't any.

• i think they just talk about what they now, they aren't really intellectual...

• An intellectual is only one because they only talk about what they know. If they was too start blabbing about random things they have no experience in they wouldn't hold that title. That being said it isn't un-heard of for a "intellectual" to find information on an unknown subject, in an attempt to help those in need. Albert Einstein was an Intellectual about math and to extent science in a form but knew little about history, he wouldn't be in a heated debate over a Chinese Rebellion long ago.