Should poll questions be changed on GaG, so users MUST answer the poll before submitting a typed answer?

I've heard users complaining about how they don't get participation on their question's polls but get a lot of typed answers...resulting in inaccurate polling on user's questions.

A way that this can be alleviated, is to hide the answer box for typing, until the answerer voted on the poll...THEN the answer box will appear and he/she can type an answer as usual.

----

What do you think of this idea? Vote on the poll and elaborate as much as you wish about this hypothetical change suggestion.

• Good idea; every poll question should be in this format
  • Good idea as long as the asker gets to "check box" when this new format happens
  • I don't like this suggestion

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not agree, because sometimes the answers that you can choose from just don't correspond with personal opinion of the answerer. I do suggest, however, that for the people who did vote ├índ comment, the comment should show what they voted.

What Girls Said 14

• No, I can't say I like that idea. People make biased polls or ones without your answer all the time, so if you don't want to vote because the options don't reflect your answer, then you also can't explain your position. Or you can, but you'd have to pick one of the choices first and skew the poll. I think getting a point for voting would be nice, but probably won't happen because it gives users an additional means of gaining points.

• but,some want to contribute but there isn't a choice that reflects their opinion,there would always have to be ''other'' which would mean replacing a more important choice

• Nope. Polls can't speak for everyone, and not everything on a poll is something someone can relate on or agree with. I think it's fine the way it is.

• Yes! It would make more sense.

• That would make a lot more sense, but I bet that not everyone agrees, so having the option to check a box would probably work best.

• i agree it should be.

• i don't think so

What Guys Said 5

• Absolutely not, because some people are horrible at making polls.

• im for it but also every pool should have a not sure option

• No, if anything they should toss users one point for voting to encourage the features usefulness.

• No. The silences those that don't apply.

...

Yes. Yes please!

• i don't think so