Has the quality of your answers gone down the longer you have been on GAG?

Honestly I will admit mine have. I'm not on here 24/7 like I used to be. I like to contribute more these days by upvoting and commenting on other people's answers that said my thoughts or something better than my thoughts.

If no answers are satisfactory or I just have a different perspective to add, I will write an answer. My answers tend to be more on the succinct side now, with more focus on the meat and a strong argument than being wordy/anecdotal. Of course I haven't abandoned all of those tendencies on here. ;)

How about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• The quality of my answers has been about the same as they've ever been, the only thing that's changed is the quantity. But the thing that made me answer less was more things happening in my life to drag me away from here. I'm sure I'll be back, though. I think the only other thing that's changed, is that now I post anonymously a lot more than I used to. People tend to get more petty with me when they know who I am. I found they listen more when they don't know who I am, than when they do. So, anonymous.

• Haha true. For me it's like "that crazy Makoto dared to answer on something? DOWNVOTE."

• Makes sense.

• Regarding what the guy said above me.

"It gets frustrating to repeat the same basic advice all the time."

Honestly, there are some where I just copy/paste. If I don't do that, sometimes I'll just post some new thoughts, and then provide links to similar questions, and that usually gets the point across, and possibly a best answer or two, as well.

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah, that's true for me. I look at my old answers, and they're more detailed than nowadays.

I see so many of the same things on here every day, so I'm kind of tired of seeing the same-old material. There is no way I can answer every single question, so I just take it easy and do the best I can.

I hardly find questions on here that are challenging anymore, and of the questions that are challenging, I don't have much time to answer anymore.

I don't log on every day like I used to, and nowadays, instead of trying to solve the difficult problems, I look around for whatever takes my fancy.

How did this happen? How to get remotivated?

I was more thoughtful in the past, but not so much anymore. I don't have that time anymore, and I'm not as enthusiastic about this as I used to be.

• My answers fluctuate. I just start typing and submit and like a day later I'll look back and think what the hell I was smoking or I will want to frame my wisdom

• Most likely lol. I'm more of a asker of questions than an answerer anyways. I'm a very curious and inquisitive person, always want to know things even if they are silly things like 'what would happen if birds ruled the world' lol.

But sometimes I'm in a mood where I feel like helping people. its not as much as I used to be, but still there

• Yep! I find if I spend too much time on here I get burned out. It's supposed to be fun, and it is for the most part :)

• I think mine have gone up. After answering more and more questions, I have learned to give better answers just through experience and by reading how some other users answer questions.

• I find that mine have gone up. I didn't take GaG all that seriously when I first joined

• I think ithas slightly improved

• I think they might have. It gets frustrating to repeat the same basic advice all the time, and writing articles doesn't help because no one searches them.

What Girls Said 4

• no,my answers have always been complete drivel. very consistent bullsh*t.

• i think it's the same. 30% of the time, I give thoughtful, sincere answers. 70% of the time, I'm just f***ing around with people.

• no, I think I'm able to understand things better and give more lengthy answers.

• i don't think they have gone down, I always try to answer as well as I can but sometimes when I am not that upbeat or a little ired I wouldn't answer that nicely