Is there way to see net up/down votes on this site?

Im a big fan of reddit and reddit keeps track of karma. Does this site so something similar?

Most Helpful Guy

• Currently no. We are working on the new version of GirlsAskGuys.com and there will be major updates in this new version. Stay tuned...Thanks for your feedback

• 1/ Limit anonymous answers, so top posters aren't like Aercz and never give any real advice, but clog up all the questions with one line non-responses.

2. Split the site by age, so that all the subteens can be together and not clog up questions and answers by us more mature people. People can still post to both sites, but the youngsters will mostly stick to their own and we'll all be happier

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see a lot of down votes

• yup

• Nope it doesn't.

• what's that mean? You see how people overall like your answers?

• nope

What Guys Said 5

• Send a message to girlsaskguys.com/user/GirlsAskGuys and recommend it. It's a good idea. I'd be interested in knowing my own information as far as this sort of thing is concerned.

• i'm still waiting for them to make it so we're alerted when commenting on someone else's answer and they respond so we don't have to keep going back to it to see a response. hopefully one day...

• no, but maybe with enough people suggesting it to the admins they can make it happen.

• I thought it was a good idea and did my part. I send a mail to the IT admin. Fingers crossed for future additions to the site.

• you can't at the moment. The reason for this though is because upvotes/downvotes don't account for anything on here. It's really the number of xper you earn that has some value

• One doesn't necessarily decrease the value of the other. Xper is awarded freely and is not directly influenced by other users. Some sort of "karma" statistic based on votes would be a way of giving users more control and influence over the information passed around this site. It might also discourage trolling and thoughtless commentary. I think it would add another facet to the community and people love personal statistics and personalization.

• There are sometimes trolls downvoting answers on some threads. It doesn't matter now, but it would if the net up/downvote system is introduced. There are not many threads with trolls in them, but still, they could be annoying. But as InquisitiveMale said, it could also discourage stupid and useless answers as well...

• They won't do that, because then people would stop rating things as much as they do now. Because if you're friends with someone, it's less likely that you'd want them to see that you down voted them. If it's anonymous or non visible, then if you don't agree with an answer you're more likely to rate it as you truly would rate it, regardless of your relationship with that person, because it wouldn't show.

• Not that I know of.