Has GAG made you like humanity a lot less than before?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it does get to me, but generally speaking, no.

It hasn't raised my opinion of humanity but it hasn't necessarily lowered it either.

Most of the GAG users are very normal, fairly well-adjusted people. The noisy ones are either bonkers or just having a laugh, but they're easier to notice so people think that's more common. The crazy, REALLY crazy, posts here generally come from the same 5-10 people. Posting anonymously makes it seem like.it's more, but it's really not, haha!

I will say this though - before using GAG, I had no idea the resentment levels were so high between the genders, ANYWHERE. This is not something I see or deal with in my every day REAL life, but it is quite common here. They come here because they can express themselves freely, so I often wonder how many people in my REAL life silently feel the same...

• Same here lol. I mean when I'm with my friends and everything, a lot of the stuff brought up here is like totally non existant

• I'm totally with this answer regarding the resentment portion. It seems a lot like some people just come here to vent/antagonize others in order to achieve some emotional catharsis. I do like how honest a lot of the answers are though.

• Thanks for BA :-)

What Girls Said 9

• Like someone else posted, I have never in my life ever seen so much disdain and animosity for one another as I've seen between the men and women on this site. I would like to think that a lot of it is just flaming/joking for the fun and due to the anonymity factor of the site rather than the fact that they find one another so despicable. If it's actually this pervasive in society, it's quite saddening to me. I know there are a lot of polarizing issues and discussions, but even those in my real life don't end up with such displays of outright disdain between men and women. If this is really what it's like, yes, I have developed a dislike of humanity.. at least of this sort.

• nope=] I pretty much come here to escape the world I know hehe. here I'm exposed to more cultures and opinions.

while I guess in any place you will find people who aren't that great, that's just something we gotta learn to deal with.

i usually get along with people so I haven't had any major issues on here=]

• oh I jus wanna add on what sparrow said about gender, I do agree with that. I didn't know that in our generation that hostility still existed lol, I thought that was only a historical thing:P but yeh anyways most people on here are pretty cool and I'm sure id get along just fine with most of the GaG community face to face:)

• Quite the opposite. GAG has made me realize that most men really aren't all that different from women: they too get insecure, wonder why someone lost interest, etc. Also, a number of guys on here have been very encouraging and been like the big brother I never had...except that I could anonymously ask really intimate questions I could never ask any guy face to face.

• yes. homophobes,pushy religious people and sexists everywhere. I mean,i knew they were out there,but people at least somewhat sugarcoat things face to face. but,there are some great people here,and it does shed light on some problems that people don't usually talk about.

• not really. it just makes me more aware what is going on inside their mind and a lot of insecurities expressed especially from the girls.

• No. I find the honesty here refreshing. People don't tend to speak their (ugly) minds when they have to take responsibility for what they say. It's enlightening to say the least.

• Not just GaG, but the internet period. Through the protecting of their computers, a lot people express how they really feel. Not saying that they shouldn't express their freedom of speech, but I'm just like damn when I read how some people really feel. Plus people on the internet are just rude, annoying, and willingly ignorant for no reason.

• Not really it is neutral.

• I had no idea there were this many bitter guys out there. Other than that, not really.

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, if GaG represents a sample of the actual human population, we're f***ed. There are a handful of actual men left on this site. The rest are just either woman haters or sad-saps who constantly bitch about women not approaching them and girls only going for the "jerks".

• Actually, no. I understand people more now, especially the younger set, since I"m past 30 and have pretty much lost contact with the teenagers except as a teacher, and they don't ask me for personal relationship advice in my classroom!

• Na it actually makes me feel like there are people out there that do care about other human beings. Some of the questions people ask are either weird or sad and people answer them with compassion and truth. No one up here is out to make other people feel bad or less about themselves and its good to see people show empathy up here for the most part.

• Not really. There are two types of guys on this site

Guys who aren't good with women at all, and so they blame women for everything

and

Guys who whine about Obama more than any black person expresses love for him

Besides that tiny group, most people are fine

• Sorry, those two descriptions were supposed to be part of the same sentence. There are those type of guys, then there are the ones who are normal.

• No, no need to be over dramatic. Compare to many other forums trolling is non existent on GAG. Just because minority is moronic doesn't mean everyone is the same. I've seen a lot worse than GAG. You need to keep things in perspective. Anonymity usually brings out the worse in us.

• I don't think it really changed any of my thoughts on that.

• no but it has made me hate faith pushing dumbass christians about ten million f***ing times more...which I feel my be putting all of humanity at risk with their sh*t redrick ...

• it made me trust women less.

• No, not really. The higher level people here tend to give more thought to their answer. And there are as many idiots here as in real life :P

• Yeah, a little bit. There's some not so good people out there.

• Nope. Same of same old. There are plenty of villians in real life as well.

• Nope. People are just way worse and express things worse on the Internet to blow off steam

• Well America still sucks thanks to Obama and I see no improvement coming either. I mean he did already have 5 years to fix things, but he was "the answer". People on GaG worship him, so yes, I have no faith in the humanity of this site.

• Obamatards unite!

• 100%! Site is jam packed with liberal know-it-all prude children who have no understanding of life.