Help us pick the new GirlsAskGuys.com logo

We are working on a new design for GirlsAskGuys and one of the things we are looking to change & enhance is our logo.

Which logo from the options below you think fits best to GirlsAskGuys? Vote on your favorite then tell us why in the answers.

• 39% (96)46% (91)42% (187)Vote
  • 40% (99)24% (48)33% (147)Vote
  • 10% (26)9% (18)10% (44)Vote
  • I like the current one
Thank you all for your answers. We are getting great feedback and every one of them is greatly appreciated. We will keep the question featured for another day, so if you have any additional feedback you are welcome to add comments.

If anyone wants to give it a shot and design their own GirlsAskGuys.com logo or make changes to the current alternatives, you are more than welcome to do it. If you come up with a design idea, please post link to your own designs or email us at
By the way, logo change is not the only change you will see in GirlsAskGuys.com. We are going for a full new version which will address all your feedback so far about the site. A mobile version, a mobile app will be released at the same time with the new design. There will be many many surprises...Thank you all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer A.

Don't even think about selecting B

C looks too plain and I can't see a dot com

D is alright.

My opinion for you would be to:

- Change the colors of your logo. If you don't want to change the color, at least change the shade.

- Make the font visually appealing (A and C are fine. B is terrible. Just don't select B unless you are planning on rebranding your entire website cause it looks tacky)

- Make the logo simple and classy without that black comic bubble because that just doesn't go well with with the rest of your logo.

- Have a few more logos designed

- Don't design a thick font with swirls.

- Don't have a thick shadow surrounding the logo (like in option b)

What Girls Said 64

• I chose A, it's simple, to the point, and I like the overall look to it, and it's not too flashy. Plus I like the use of the arrows, which I've just come to recognize this site from.

I think B's a little flashy. Sure, it's attention grabbing, but I think it has too much going on. And what really just grabs your attention is the black speak bubble around ask. it's eye popping, but it doesn't do much for the "girls" and "guys" words of the logo.

C's a little plain in my opinion! It's just words, no real attention grabbing element to it.

• can I suggest a compromise?

i would like A with the black 'ask' bubble from B in the middle of the 2 arrows=]

ill vote A in the poll but yeh a mix up of those 2 would be kool:)

• I really like a and b.

If you were to choose c I don't think it represents this site well at all.

Usually, both sexes ask questions to each other and that logo doesn't show that at all.

Whereas the first two logos makes that clear.

• I really like C, its typography is very pleasing and balanced. It's a catchy form and I can see a whole style/brand developed around it. However, it is not very reciprocal with the girls on top of the guys.

I also like A. It looks strong and legit, but there's something about it.. probably the tall slanted typography or the thin arrows that makes it feel a wee bit dull.

If there was a way to somehow conserve A's and C's best traits, that'd be what I'd probably love most.

B just doesn't make it for me. It looks too swirly, over complicated, and the black dialogue on Ask seems a bit too aggressive.

• A is my favorite from these. B is too feminine and I think it looks like its more targeted towards females (but I like the speech bubble in the middle a lot), and C's problem is that its missing the arrows. Without the arrows, it looks like only girls are asking questions from the boys, and not the other way round as well.

• I vote for B :)

• B,if the new design matches it well,so it isn't as distracting.

C doesn't have the vice versa sign,that's important

• I bet 99% of the users don't care about the vice versa sign

• it's not about us,it's about the newcomers,this way it just looks like it's about girls asking guys,the vice versa is to tell boys they can ask too

• B is better! I love the font!

• I picked B because I like the cursive writing and seems to stand out. The black pulls you to the logo!

• I like A and B but I voted for B, because the "ask" in black just really stood out to me and I like the font. I'd also like A maybe with a black "ask". That would stand out too.

• That was the toughest decision of my life...

• I prefer B because the font is attention grabbing when mixed with the colors and that's an important aspect of a logo. Also C is a bit more formal but it looks nice.

• I have to pick A. I like the original idea with the arrows, which means I couldn't pick C. Neither could I pick B, because it looks kind of tacky/childish. A is perfect. It's fresh and new, without having to make any drastic or boring changes.

• i voted for A because it's the most similar to the current one

• please NOT b. I don't know why 31% chose that. the black background of 'ask' is visually jarring- in a bad way.

i like the original out of these options.

• I like/voted A and I like the current one too.

• A or b works..

• I like A & B. If you guys changed the black around "ask" in choice B..maybe gray? It'd look a lot better.

• i like the cursive one !

• i like the original or A

• I vote A. It has an original "feel" to it as I look at it first glance.

B looks like a washing machine brand logo or a font used in the 1950's

C looks too plain

• I really like B, it stands out a lot and the added black makes it look pretty cool. The font is kind of bugging me though. Can't really put a finger on it, but looks a little "kiddish" if that makes sense.

• A

Followed by C

B is tacky and cheesy

The current one is fine though. Much better than B

• Hoorah for the mobile app!

• I chose B, becuase it's really colorful and the black draws attention.

• I, as a graphic designer like the last one the most because it just says It all, but I think you have to go with the middle one because the design is like young and fresh. I really don't like the black text balloon on B. ^^

• A, B, or current. Definitely not C.

• This is please .:)

s1308.hizliresim.com/1d/n/rqfqd.jpg

• A or D. Not B! It's nice but I think it's too girlie to be a guys and girl site.

I think A is a great update to the current logo

• B has a girlie childish font in my opinion

C looks very store font plus sounds like girls are the only who ask and guys just answer

I choose A because the font is simple and the arrows show that. Guys and girls ask each other questions

• More from Girls
    34

What Guys Said 65

• From best to worst

D

C

A

B

D because I'm used to it and none of the others obviously trump it.

C and A are close to a tie. With C slightly ahead because I like simplicity in a logo.

B is dead last because I just don't like that script, it's way too busy, and I don't like the large black area. Rather than reading left to right the black draws the eye straight to the center so all you see is ASK and maybe get around to looking at the other words later. That fancy script, with the shadows, reflection glare, black area, and dot com squeezed in is just too much.

• I liked 'A' the most but I voted for 'D' i.e. keep the original one cause I think it's more descriptive

'A' in the meantime though seems to look better than the current one (any well thought of change generally seems to be more attractive and pleasing to the eye / mind), on second thought it seemed to be in a (vicious) circle - a closed circle which symbolizes no beginning no end :)

'B' is too loud as if begging for attention but well designed

'C' doesn't suit the image of GAG + one on top of another may not go down well with a lot of people even if subconsciously :)

• I really like A. Subtle but is there is an important difference that doesn't take away from the brand, but adds to it. In this link you see that many well known companies also changed their look and many proved that less is more

The black in B is distracting (if it were lighter it would be a lot better) and the lack of arrows in C takes away for me

• Thanks for the link TedStar...It's a good reference

• I chose D, but later I realized the arrows in the first choice rotated, which is a very nice touch. When I see the arrows rotate around the ask, I get that the "Ask" can be either for the guy or girl and all around. Well it makes better sense, even if my answer doesn't. :-)

• Althought I see nothing wrong with the current one, I think A is the best out of the options provided.

B comes across as too 'glam' and really just looks girly/immature to me so it doesn't quite convey the serious advice aspect of this site.

As far as C goes that gives the impression that only girls are asking guys because its lacking thedouble set of arrows so I don't think it suits the image of this site.

Whereas A is mature, has the double set of arrows and just looks more official.

• None. It wouldn't really be that much work to take (B) the only one that really catches someone's eye during those split seconds of skimming through ads, and use a more feminine and girlie font for "Girls" and use a more masculine and industrial font for "Guys."

• A is nice and clean, though not a significant improvement over the current logo - but if you're just looking to change things up a bit...

I really don't like the use of black, especially in B (but also C) - which looks very messy, what with the drop shadow, gradient effect, decorative font, etc. It's all way too much.

C is bland and not very aesthetically pleasing. Plus it doesn't have the arrows, so it suggests that GAG is now just a site for girls to ask guys questions, rather than for girls to ask guys *and* for guys to ask girls.

• option a has a more classic look to it.

• Option A is so clean and polished and smooth and original but I feel like it's time for something different so I'm going to vote for B. If you can make it a little less glamorous as in less feminine for B... yeahhh that'd be great.

• A is a great logo. The main reason is because unlike the current one, the ask arrows are in a circle, showing a cycle. It still has the same style, but sums of the purpose of the site more clearly.

B is okay, but is too distracting and looks like it is trying to hard at being "fancy".

C is kind of boring...

• i think B stands out more because of the black middle ask sign, plus there's a 3d feel which adds to the uniqueness. Good job!

• You should modify the third one slightly. The part that says ask, should be turned into a conversation bubble like the second one, but white. Wedge the point coming out of the convo bubble between the why on "guys" text and shift the girls text slightly left to fit the bubble into place.

I hope you guys are reworking your site with bootstrap or something similar so that you'll be able to expand and contract your layout on different devices. It's annoying always seeing people ask for a GaG app. lol

• The current one isn't bad, although I think the colors of the arrows should be the opposite: the blue arrow should point to "girls" and the pink arrow should point to "guys". So just reversing the colors of the arrows on the current logo would be my choice (your option B is like this, although I prefer the simplicity of the current logo).

However, you might consider some variation on the Yin-Yang symbol, although instead of black and white use pink and blue. I'd still have arrows in there somewhere, and the word "ask" would be along the dividing line between the colors. If I can find some time I'll experiment with this idea...

• I'd be looking first at A but I think B might give better marketing results in the USA, thus I voted B.

• I like B, it's slick and flashy, but simple and clean.

I'd go to the night club with that name, then kick back with my table-service bottle of patron rollin with my crew, and just be askin and answerin like I was shuckin and jivin.

Ya heard B's for me?

• I actually like C the best. ...but there are no arrows to show the questions go both ways! Voted for A

• I'm a firm believer of "If it's not broken, don't fix it.". I think the current logo is just fine. Instead of paying people to create new logos, why not pay someone to clean up the website? For example, 'Experts on Video' has not been updated in two years.

Even if the person designed the new logo for free, it would still be a poor allocation of GAG staff's time.

• A has definitely the best look. It looks like a high quality company based from its similarities with the latest cutting edge designs of our time.

• B is my choice

• I voted A.

People don't often notice that girlsaskguys, is not actually "girls ask guys". There is the reverse arrow, which also means "guys ask girls. But unfortunately, it's hard to see, and I didn't even see it until I asked about it. It makes it sound like girls are not capable of figuring things out for themselves.

link

Also, C is out of the question because then it's even worse. It's like saying that guys don't need to ask girls for advice, which is really wrong and sexist. B is pretty much the same as the original.

However, A is good because of the double arrows, which are easier to see.

• Also... this should be a featured question so everyone has the opportunity to see the logos and vote!

• A: A simpler logo design from the previous

B: Talk bubble looks too cheesy and reminds me of the Baskin Robbins logo

C: Too simple and plain boring

D: It's time to change

I choose A.

• I like b the best.

• I definitely like A the most. Not a fan of the font on B. However, I do like the black speech bubble around ask on B. C doesn't have the arrows, which I think are essential for letting people know that both sides can ask and answer questions.

• Definitely A for me.

• I can see C looking cool with a fresh, new layout/user-interface... :)

• A...

B & C look too feminine for my tastes and it kind of makes it look more like a site for females. No offense.

• B just looks terrible. I'd go for A personally :P

• A or the orgional. I voted A because the color aarows seem right to me.

• I voted A. B looks too feminine and C doesn't have the pizzazz of A or B. 8-)

• More from Guys
    35