Who do you think here on GAG mis use the block button?

I don't know how many for sure have me blocked because most who have blocked me hide behind anonymous and are usually trolls. However those who I have found out or discovered are males.In a recent question about a new gag many said that when someone blocks you especially when anonymous that they too become blocked from you so they can't harass you.

• Most who have blocked me are female
  • Most who have blocked me are males
  • Most who have blocked me are trolls that live under the bridge, and have no life
Thank you for all your answers. I also think that most of the males who are trolls also have more then one account. I also think there are people who are friends who stick together and go around down voting and blocking as a group. Reminds me of high school sadly. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably a combination of B and C for me. The greater majority of people who have blocked me are males while anonymous. I only realize it when they post a question under their username and I can't answer it. I think it's mostly guys that I call out for blaming all their own problems on women or those who post anonymous political questions which I tend to troll out of entertainment. Who goes to GaG for political insight anyway? haha

• I total agree. That's how I found out I was blocked when I went to answer a couple of questions and only is it after I hit summit my answer that I discover I was blocked. I also agree with all the pity parties some of the guys seem to be having lately.

• Thanks for BA.

• Your welcome :)

What Guys Said 10

• I put B because I think anyone who blocked me is mostly a bitter male who can't get a woman and when given honest advice, just blocks to hide from the truth in what I have to say.

I honestly feel like a lot of people make questions but I don't feel like a lot of people really look for answers but moreover just want people to agree with them. So when something they disagree on comes about, they block.

• I don't really see an appropriate answer for me.

Most of the people that have blocked me, which is only like 3 or 4, are simply people that have opposing political views. They didn't block me because of harassment or anything negative, they just wanted to get the last word and blocked me to make it look like they won the debate.

• I assume the guys that block you are just sniping like cowards. I've never seen you type something controversial. It's most likely the King of Misogyny doing the blocking/sniping.

I just block people if I think they serve no purpose other than to annoy me. I won't take their input seriously because they are either hellbent one way, full of crap, or total hypocrites.

• I agree,a lot of people seem to feel that they have to be right and anyone who expresses a difference in opinion and you would think the world just ended.

• truth is, I've been blocked because they have misinterpreted what I was really trying to say. I could careless anyhow.

• I've never been blocked before, but I have received a lot of hate from some trolls because I kept proving them wrong multiple times on the same question. It's funny when they comment that I have "no idea" what I'm taking about but my answer has 7 upvotes to one downvotes (probably the troll).

• Bitter, frustrated feminists often block me, without notice, and leave me blocked for years.

I rarely keep anyone blocked for very long. Only in retaliation, or if I lose my temper because I write an answer to their question and find out I'm blocked!

I always unblock people. Mostly I just block them to shut them up and move on from a pointless exchange.

• Not that many people have me blocked, but I think its about 2/3 males, 1/3 females. The females who've blocked me are permanently anonymous and don't do ANYTHING non anon. So it may only be one female, not sure.

There are a few males who have, they are either guys who took great offense at my suggestion that people in love shouldn't be totally happy to be sexless, or nice guys who didn't like what I told them. Which is sadly funny, given I'm an apologist for nice guys when girls bitch about them.

• Mainly guys, they can't take on the master of trolls and bitch out.

• Dont think so

• The only reason I could see you being blocked is because you are fair and present your viewpoints even if they aren't on the GaG bandwagon. I totally respect ya for it.

• I know I don't always give popular answers but I stay true to who I am.

• No victims meaning everything you say here is racist. You can say- "Obama is a bad President" in that context and it immediately is reported as racist despite having no racial connotations attached.

• @ update - I completely agree that there are "troll groups" who band together to down-vote and report answers. I happen to only be on here at night before bed, these people make an entire day out of this site.

What Girls Said 9

• Trolls. And most of those trolls who have blocked me are males...and I'm sure they were anonymous because when I accidentally discover someone who has me blocked I can't recall ever even talking to them or answering their questions so...yeah.

• i think I've been blocked by two guys only. one because...idk. we were friends, and then he just decided to no longer be friends. and the other dude is just...really strange. he thinks I'm attacking everyone on gag all the time and giving bad answers. I feel like people should only block if someone is harassing you. not...just for kicks.

• oh- and to block whoever is blocking you. that's fair. why should they be able to dump all over your questions/answers? not fair.

• I've been blocked by a lot of people. Probably half and half with slightly more males than females

• i don't know who has blocked me,but the ones I've noticed are usually men,i've only noticed one or two girls. maybe I haven't been blocked by a lot of guys (highly unlikely) and it's just a couple-can't tell,usually anon.

• the pig headed guys and pervs

• Of the four. eople that have me blocked (that I know of), three are guys.

Two of those guys are infamous for posting "I hate women" questions and answers. I've never actually had any correspondence with them at all. I guess I may have if they'd posted anonymously before.

The other guy blocked me after I blocked him for harassing me, he started spouting weird religious statements after I said I wouldn't date him, haha!

The chick that has me blocked, I don't know what happened there. She answered my question calling me a paranoid American for not wanting to answer my door to strangers, I didn't even get mad or respond hatefully, even after she said her and her friends make fun of Americans all the time... next thing I know she changed her username and blocked ME. Haha!

People are strange...

• yeah, I do hate it how some people just use it as a kind of filter to block everyone who disagrees with them so they can keep asking the same stupid/offensive question over and over and it looks like no ones calling them out on it, that drives me nuts.

• I've been blocked by mainly dudes. Seriously, a lot of guys on this site are really immature. They just block to get the last word.

• Yea and they can't stand it when somebody gives them a truthful answer that they don't want to hear.

• True

• Coward anonymous males