Will there ever be a chat option on GaG again?

And before some of you guys start ranting, I'm talking about a chat OPTION. As in, the ones who want to use it can do so, the ones who don't don't.

Do you think GaG will install some chat device or will it forever stay the way it is now?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I spoke to them about it, they did say they were considering it, but in all honesty, half the time I feel like they're feeding me with a line. Something like "we're looking into that" as a means of shutting people up and stalling. Even if they are, by some chance, looking into it, don't hold your breath. They can be notoriously slow. about it. Besides, as Belgie said, I don't think they want this place to be a social network.

Still, if you (or anyone else reading this) wants an IM bar similar to the one we had before, I think that the best thing you can do is to message them about it. link Message them a lot. Get your friends in on it. Everyone message them, and tell them what you want. They might just cave. Just remember... notoriously slow. Any progress will take time.

Good luck with this.

What Girls Said 3

• I think with the new site layout and upcoming updates, I wouldn't be surprised if they did add one. They should.

• I sure hope so.

• We know that a lot of you guys miss having the option to chat right here on GirlsAskGuys. We are working on it, considering our options.

Stay tuned for any updates!

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think so. I think Admin want the site to be an advice site not a social network like Facebook or something.

• Do they make enough money to impliment such a thing?

• They had an IM bar at the bottom of the page, and a chatroom on site. The chatroom was removed because it was an absolute nightmare for admins and mods, and the IM bar was removed because it was third party, though Meebo. When meebo was bought out by google, google got rid of the IM bar.

• Does that mean that they don't make enough money to do it?

• No. They just lost it because of Google.

• I don't know, but I would never say the chat option will never be on this site ever again.