Do most people on GAG have serious mental and emotional issues?

Do most GAG users have serious emotional and mental issues? After talking with quite a few members here it seems pretty clear. There are people who genuinely use this website for advice but a lot of the people who stay tend to have something wrong with them. Anyone else notice this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.I believe that a lot of people here have some serious and disturbing social and emotional issues.When I look at all of the suicide questions,(people who are actually not that serious about harming themselves,but who clearly need help),or the people who complain of lonliness and lacking in the socal department whereas they are not even TOUCHED by the opposite sex or by anyone.A lot of people here seriously need to consider therapy...and I am not even kidding.I think a lot of these users feel helpless so they sit on the computer ALL day hiding instead of working towards a real solution to their problems.Mental illness runs rampid here in the states sadly and a lot of people do not have a support network to actually GET help.But moreso,some people don't even THINK they have a problem.How can they?But I absolutely believe some users here have psychological and emotions issues for sure...and I am not talking about people trolling either.I have been on this site for about three years and the stuff I have seen here is absurd.Hopefully these people will seek help...eventually.

What Guys Said 13

• I wouldn't say a lot. I would say a select few. The thing people suffer with most on here is boredom.

• No, those people rarely if ever ASK for advice. Most people here are just a)curious, or b)neurotic.

• eh I'd say were all weird, but yeah theyre are some people who might have "serious" problems but if you talk to some on here I'm sure you'd find at least one who says I fall into that category lol

• I'm sure with every group of people you're going to have a few people with sever mental and emotional issues. I wouldn't say most though.

• All I can say is that in my head I know it's CrAzY up there!

• There's definitely something wrong with me.

• My MO is to attack the QA so here it goes...

NO U!

• Most people on earth have serious mental and emotional issues. I think, the ratio is somewhere around 100%...

• I suffer a lot from having to deal with idiots like the misogynists, losers and other types of trolls.

• Yes.

Mental Illness is that they're liberal.

Emotional issues is that they're all victims.

• it's the internet. you're going to run into all sorts of crazies out there.

• I'll be honest I'm really shy and that's why I stay. I really want to meet girls but it's so hard to take the first step.

• It does seem that way. I have some issues myself, helping others on here makes me feel better about myself.

What Girls Said 10

• Its only a large percentage, kind of like that crazy bitch who thinks there is something wrong with women because they can't please men, and all of the loosers that complain about their penis or virginity, and a lot of misogynists. But they aren't a majority its kind of like 30-40% maybe

• No

But there is one user I question...I don't know if he's a troll or if he genuinely believes what he says, but he's always talking about how he's a rapper, reality star, yet broke & ugly and people make fun of him but then he goes on to say people are jealous of his looks.

He's mentioned that he's from Poland which explains his broken English but still...I just humor him.

But no, most don't have serious emotional or mental issues. A few are in denial and lazy, but that's about it

• yes. it's just that type of site,it attracts the troubled and those of us who prefer computers to humans. I wouldn't say ''serious'',it's just bitterness,social anxiety,asperger's-relatively common things that still allow you to function.

• i'm not sure. I come here for entertainment. and for venting.

• Medication

• Yeah I agree.

• There are some wahoos on this site, yes

• I had emotional issues at one point.

• Nah, haha!

I'd say the majority of the users here are very normal, perhaps very inquisitive people. They may have insecurities, but who doesn't?

I think the number of truly crazy people here is smaller than we realize. They usually make a lot of noise, and a lot of accounts :-P haha!

• I would say so