My posts sometimes disappear as soon as I click the "Preview Question" button?

About 1/3 of the time, when I click "Preview Question" after writing a post, it resets the question and I lost everything I've written. It gets annoying when I spend awhile getting the words just right, and it resets. I'm using Google Chrome. I have to 'Copy' my question before clicking "Preview Question" because it resets so often. Does that happen to anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, that used to happen to me all the time because I tend to write long answers a lot of the time, and spend time wording everything 'just so'. =P Firefox has a nifty add-on that is like THE answer to this problem, haha, I discovered it like a year or two ago. It's called Lazarus: Form Recovery in the add-ons section. THOUGH they also have their own site where you can download from, which I believe is effective for several different browsers.

HERE YOU GO, GUYS, lol. link

What Girls Said 4

• It happens to me too. Just remember to use ctrl + c before Previewing Answer.

• It happens to me too. I hate it especially when I've written a very long answer it sucks. So I always copy the answer. Just last night I wrote a long answer and while copying I ended up deleting g the answer. I always find whenever this happens I write a even better answer

• When that happens, I ended up writing something way more concise and to the point, 'cause I'm sick of typing, so maybe it's a good thing.

• True. But I believe if you're going to answer you may as well right a helpful answer even though you hardly get best answers where you deserve them.

• Me too. It happens if I spend too much time writing. It gets really frustrating if I've been writing a long text.

• If you click "Remember Me" before signing in, it should keep that from happening AS often.

I'd just try to remember to copy your answers, the long ones, just in case :-)

What Guys Said 8

• The site may log you out if you spend sometime with not activity on a page. Typing is not considered an activity for the code. So you may get logged out if you spend sometime on a page.

There are also a daily update of the system during which the system logs out all users.

We suggest either copying the text before you post it or open up a new tab on your browser and see if you are already logged into the site.

With the new version we are considering a solution to this problem.

Thanks

• You timed out. Just hitting the back button works for me. Even after re-logging it's all still there. I also tend to write offline in notepad or Word.

You can pretty much do anything like check profiles and even click other questions. Everything is still there when you use the back button.

• That's always frustrating. What I did was, like you said, copy and paste because if it takes you a while to type out your post, it'll sign you out automatically. Something else I did was just click "remember me" at the login screen. To be safe though, I usually copy and paste me longer posts.

• I asked the same question not to long ago actually. The general opinon that I found was that after awhile the page times itself out. If you write long answers like I tend to, get into the habit of copying your answers before hitting the "preview answer" button. If it goes away, simply go back to the question and hit paste.

• Copy everything long first. Does this is you type something long and leave it for a minute.

• Click the box when signing in and copy and paste all your posts so you don't lose em

• The question asker has blocked you, therefore it prevents you from posting.

• That happens to me sometimes, but only if I take a long time writing a post. I've learned to copy everything I've written, refresh the page, then paste my post and submit it.