Why do people post their pics on gag?

Or are they all fake? Seriously I'm baffled, some questions I post are quite personal and I have seen others do the same, so why do you attach your face against it lol I have only uploaded my pic once (for a good reason) but I took it off the very same day cos I couldn't hack the exposure. So if your pics are real, why do you have it up?

As a token of my solidarity I uploaded my pic loool
I couldn't do it guys I had to remove it lol but more power to you guys who decide to keep their pic up much respect lol
Hey guys I get the picture now lol as to why people put their pics up thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder the same thing!

I've seen people post their pics up here yet post such negative, ugly things that make them look like one huge mess or like a straight up a**hole. I don't know why they would want to show the world wide web who this messed up person is lol I don't believe you should showcase your internal mess, if you have one. What if your boss or a coworker or even someone you're really into that may have been into you BEFORE they saw you acting a damn fool saw you up here?!

Some people act like they owe a ton of strangers something. You don't owe anyone sh*t lol You don't owe anyone a picture of who you are. Not only that, but there are pervs and intelligent hackers on this site; it's not smart to show them your face. I don't like putting pics up online in general because once they're online, they are truly out of your control!

• yes! your getting a BA cos I couldn't have said it better!

• idkitsausername, oh that's just lovely isn't it

What Guys Said 37

• I see no reason why the exposure is a problem. The chances that anyone from my city will be on here is slim to none. The chances anyone I know actually reading what I write on here are just as slim, and that's even with me telling them to check this place out. Why? They don't care! But really, it's also like this. I don't have a lot of secrets. If you want to know something, I'll tell you, openly and frankly.

Still, I get that other people don't particularly like the exposure. I just don't get what they get so wigged out about. Still, I respect it. That's why when I talk about my girlfriend, or my friends, I don't name names, and I don't show their pictures. But other than that, if there's anything you want to know about me, all you need to do is ask.

But yes, the short answer is: Why not? I have nothing to hide.

• The primary function of GAG is to ask questions and try to solve them. But however, for various reasons GAG has allowed networking and posting of pics and since it's available it's natural that people do so :) Why judge them?

For those who don't post their pics there are those who query if they are so ashamed of their looks that they don't post pics - that again is judgmental

There are those who I've met on GAG and they know my real name / face and vice versa after us meeting up here. But I choose to keep a pic on my profile that I think suits my persona.

It's an individual choice and freedom of expression :)

I don't want to upload my face pic here cause I want to remain anon that way else I'd not be here using a handle but be using my full name :)

• I used to have my pictures up and many people seemed to enjoy that fact. I didn't think anything of it. I wasn't worried about people on here meeting me in person. In fact, I would enjoy that. I'm not here to ask questions so I don't have to worry about things being "too personal".

I took them down as 'GAG' regular users started to attack me as a person because they disagree with my advice and/or how I give the advice.

• Yeah I hear ya there

• trying to get more in touch with my feminine side

• More power to you, good sir!

• I'd say at least half are jokes...pictures of models or celebs..

I'd post a photo, but just as you found, you attract trolls with a real photo. Too bad..but then again hey, this isn't a dating site, the quality of advice doesn't depend on how good looking someone might be!

• I am a real person with nothing to hide. I have posted many personal things about myself on here and I figure if someone wants to take the time to read through thousands of answers I have given they are entitled to it, I have always given my opinion truthfully and from my own perspective so it makes no difference to me if I post anonymously or reveal myself.

Most users on this site are hundred if not thousands of miles from me (yes I know a couple from my own town as well). But honestly it's the internet the person who's question your answering isn't going to come through the computer and choke you because you gave them bad advice.

• I guess I don't feel embarrassed. Pretty much most people on Facebook have 100s or 1000s of people that can find out more personal things about them. That seems more personal to me.

• I just drew mine on...

• My current picture is real. That's me playing ice hockey. Some users post pictures mainly for a personal question about their looks only. There are some real pictures on here, but most users post fake ones just to make their profile look more inviting. And to get a few points.

• I do it because I don't generally care what a lot of people think... if they like it, fair enough, if not... why even bother telling me?

• Eh mostly because it's the internet and I don't really care what people think about me. I mostly have mine up because it's easier for someone to place a face to a name. There are a few people that I message here from time to time and who I consider friends. I think it feels more legit if you know what the person looks like at least to some extent.

• I took mine off, because I think I resemble Spongbob more on the internet than I do in real life.

I don't mind the exposure, but I just like it this way now.

• I post my picture because I can be more open about who I am on GaG and to the best of my knowledge no one I know uses GaG.

• you for sure are using your real picture but then again maybe not, your using it to scare women.

• well if I ever get to the point where a woman want's to get on cam with me than they'll be able to see for sure. :)

• ooh you said scare I thought you said score... You're mean.

• I exposed my cat because I don't care.

• <------ Yes, that is actually me from two months ago. ;)

I prefer to use it so people can put a face to the name or whatever the 'saying' is. :p

It's also cool to see pictures of people who post on here as well for the same reason.

• If someone is going through my profile an reading everything I've said and try know me, they could probably know without pics. But I doubt I'd use one as my avatar.

• Why not?

• Re-read my question, maybe slowly this time...

• Also, my pics ARE in my profile. They just aren't the main pic.

• I do it because it so my friends can give me more accurate advise that pertains to me, like do I look approachable? Do I look mean? Is my style bad? Things like that, I have my pictures set as private because I don't like the idea of everyone seeing me.

When I do ask questions I usually go to someone on my friends list that I trust will give me accurate advice.

Plus free points help.

• I don't put my picture on here. I don't want people who don't even know me, to see my picture. And I can't see their picture, and they can hide behind their anonymity, while they see mine? It's more for privacy.

• What I'm wondering is why guys take mirror shots of the flexing in the bathroom and use that as their profile pic.

• Gag is also an online community... not just a message board.

You can ask the same question about ALL social media sites. GaG isn't much different than all those other websites.

• I have a pic of me on my profile...because I like to rotate my main avatar. :-P

• I'm not shy or embarrassed by what I comment.

• I had this one professional done. I do it cause I look f***ing hot. I truly don't care if I know anyone on here or not. Just keeping it real.

• idk, doesn't bother me. I used to post on a Honda specific forum for years. Never ran into anyone off the site, ever. Once you realize how much of your info is already floating around the internet you kinda don't care anymore.

• i don't find it a big deal, this is an online community so it helps people know who you are...

• I want to share the beautiful things with the world. Seriously, it's the internet. You're one out of many. No one cares if you have uploaded a pic of you or not. Even if they recognize you, they'll forget about you in an instance, because, you're just one out of many. If you really think you're somehow special, then you'd gain fame some kind of way, and be famous and known anyway.

So upload as many pics as you want. No one really cares. If they do. Better for you. Hope that made sense...

• I post my pics because I have nothing to hide.

• because iam awesome, and the chances of running into anybody on here in the street is extremely slim but not impossible. I don't see why it even matters, people will do what they feel, doesn't make sense to question it

• We all think differently regarding this, so I'm interested in reading a different perspective...

• Not trying to attack you, by the way, but you just said you can't take it, or you can't do it, but I'm just curious, what is it about the exposure that has you so frazzled? I mean, really, do you think any of these people will ever meet you? Do you think it's likely a lot of people on this site know who you are? Do you have a lot of scary deep dark things about yourself that you're afraid will be linked to your upcoming nomination for some position in public office? lol I'm just curious.

• No nothing like that. I'm an introvert do I pick and chose who want to be close with so having my business out there with my face attach to it is not my thing.

• I wanna see you :(

• You know you like my sexy eyes...

• I'm as real as they come (probably because I'm not so handsome, and I wouldn't be accused of being fake).

My profile picture isn't recent, as I have shaved my mustache. I need to update it...

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 14

• I do it because I don't have anything to hide, lol. I don't care if people I know find me on this site and see things I post. I never post anon, so it's ALL me, and nothing I say here should really surprise anyone who knows me in real life. I'm just not worried about it.

• The pics that I have up are all me. I don't think I look that pretty overall but I don't see the need to use fakes to cover it up. If I post something super personal or embarrassing I usually go anonymous.

• I have not asked a question yet and do not plan to, but if I did begin asking questions I would still keep my real pic up as it is with my question...maybe...wait, I have to ponder that for awhile,lol.

• Well I am real. I have uploaded my pictures, because I enjoying answering peoples question to the best of my knowledge.

I have nothing to hide, so I don't mind. I am also here to make friends. I know some people here are not real, and just want to fool around.

But like I said, I have nothing to hide.

• Makes insecure people feel better about themselves because they know people would come across their profile sometime

• I uploaded pics on here when I first joined the site almost 4 years ago. I have had pictures up ever since. I have nothing to hide, if I do I can just click the anonymous button.

• idk it's the internet I don't really care if people know what I look like. I doubt I'll every run into someone on here from my city and if I did I don't know what they would even say that would make me uncomfortable lol.

• Lol I think I'm just a super private person in general I mean I have twitter and FB and those are super privatised too.

• On my other accountant, I have my pic posted. I felt like I had nothing to hide. On this one, I didn't because it would be weird to have two against with the same face. Plus with this one, I don't have to worry about any perverts messaging because they liked my pic.

• Why do you have 2 accounts?

• Well this one, I had forgotten I made, which was years ago. I have a main email address that I use for everything. I'm so used to typing it in, that I accidentally typed it while logging on one day and I found out that I had another account. On my other account, I used my email address that I used for social medias and forums, so just in case a job tries to look me up or something.

• i do not disclose any personal information, I think no one would ever really know me except my sister who is also here so I don't really see any problem if I post a pic or few pics in my profile. :)

• Sometimes you just need to heckcare what others think

• I have pics up but I always ask my questions annoymously

• Because its the internet. A lot of people don't care what they post on it.

• I don't post any picture of me because I don't want anyone to know that I'm black. I also don't see a reason to post a fake picture.

• Because there was no reason not to. Most people here don't know my name, they don't know what city I live in, etc. I'm just one in a sea of faces.

• I like the way your thinking about this, I just can't though the stress is way too much to handle lol

• im comin to get you now >;)

• Haha! Come on then. Come to Texas and try to get me and see what happens :-P