GAG user to GAG admin? PRIVACY QUESTION

If an active GaG user who interacts DAILY to other GaG users becomes an admin, can she can gain access on my account? Read all my anon questons/answers and read my inbox?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question.

While I'm here asking and answering on my own time, I can only see what everyone else sees.

I assure you, there will be no issues and your privacy will NEVER be violated. I have no personal vendettas and am only interested in helping the site and YOU GUYS. Our hope is to promote better, more effective communication between the users and the admins, to make the site as enjoyable and as useful as we can. We want everyone happy :-)

Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns or questions.

You can also use Contact Us, of course.

• OMG

You're an ADMIN

I didn't know they appointed y'all as admins

You don't have to answer, but do they pay admins?

• Please re-read as I've explained enough.

I'm part of the GirlsAskGuys team that manages the site.

I also use the site for fun/advice on my own time.

• Here's the story - link

What Girls Said 3

• Admins DO have the ability to see all posts (questions/answers) by anonymous users. Furthermore they also have access to your message inbox/outbox, so if you complain about a user harassing you they can tell whether you're lying or not.

And they can delete those messages. There was a user who used to message me ranting about the admins and other users. I'll admit I was nasty in my final responses to him and used some racial slurs but eventually I got tired of his e-drama and reported him and they deleted the messages between the two of us. And then I blocked his old ass

Moderators and supermoderators do NOT have access to your inbox and cannot see anonymous posts.

I don't believe they appoint regular users as admins...

• So, sparrow24 can read my inbox now lol. Thanks

• The only reason an inbox would ever be checked is if there was an issue CAUSING us to check out what's happening. We're not just thumbing through, reading everyone's personal messages, haha!

• She won't randomly read your inbox...she would only need a real reason to do so. For example, like the situation I mentioned. I DID message the admins about him because he was just bringing e drama to me and was relaying messages to me from a user who disliked me. I didn't care for him at that point nor did I or do I care for drama

They won't do it for fun

• it sounds rather worrying if they have that privilege...

• THERE ARE TOO MANY COMMENTS ON MY ANSWERS, THE IN BOX IS LIKE 100 COMMENTS AND I wANT TO DELETE WITHOUT READING ALL 100 HOW DO I DO THIS

ANY ADMIN KNOW THE ANSWER?

HELP

HELP

HELP

What Guys Said 3

• They can also force lesser users to touch them inappropriately and engage in unnatural acts and then thank them for the privilege!

• Good question. I've been wondering about this myself, rather or not admins or moderators could see through anonymous.

• Moderators and supermoderators cannot see anonymous posts. Admins can. If you're violating the TOS even through anon posts they can send you warnings or terminate your account. But they'll never put you

• Yep. Why? Worried you may be doing something anonymously that you shouldn't be doing?

• wait what, they can read your msgs?

• ok thanks

• Last I checked, Admins could only read inboxes if they got reported.