What do you do on GaG?

What do you do? Are you a poster of questions, of answers, a lurker? Where do you post? There are multiple categories so where do you stalk the most? Are you "highly active" or "barely present"? "Do you kill time with GaG or do you come here as an activity for enjoyment or are you just addicted / compelled?

Answer anything else too; how long you've been here, why you continue to come, how helpful you feel or how much you've been helped, and so forth and so on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I ask questions.

I give advice and share my opinions.

I learn from others' experiences and cultures.

I talk to friends about [insert any topic here].

I moderate and provide support for the users.

I answer more than I ask, of course.

People can usually find me the most in the Behavior category. I'm most interested in the questions there, and many of my questions are Behavior related as well.

I'm highly active, for fun and for work.

I come here to provide support for the users and for the enjoyment of asking and answering, reading what others have to say, learning.

I've been using GirlsAskGuys since 2010.

I continue to come for the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm really sure how helpful I am to others. Some days, I feel like I helped a lot, other days I feel like I annoyed more than helped, for whatever reason.

• I'm not* really sure how helpful...

What Girls Said 15

• I've been here since 2008.

I mostly just answer questions, and occasionally ask a few.

I don't really lurk in a particular category or anything but I guess I check the Behavior category and the Recent questions and Poll questions more than the others.

• I ask questions and answer. I give my opinions, or advice, or sometimes just encouragement. I log in every day, although I'm not equally active every day. If I'm busy I just look at the notifications, if there's nothing new then I leave again. If I have time then I'd browse the questions or post a question myself. I'm interested in what other people with other backgrounds think. And sometimes, if I feel weird for doing something, I'd ask people here too, maybe I'd find someone else with the same "weirdness" so I don't feel that weird again lol Get what I mean? ;p

• I'm a bit of both - poster and an answer.

I generally post in break up/relationships/flirting because that's where I seem to post most of my questions!

I'm not as active as I was but I'm still knocking around.

Errr, I've been on here since 2010 I think?

It's an excellent time waster! And the advice can be really helpful.

• Lurker and answerer.

I answer on every category. Mostly on Sexuality, Other, Relationship, and Style. Whatever topic a question that I can or want to answer too.

I used to be highly active on my previous account. Now, I'm just here and there on this one since the old one got deleted.

GAG is just one of the sites I get on when my boyfriend is playing games. Not addicted to it. Sometimes, I get on to message a couple of my friends and/or answer a question or two and log off.

To kill time and it's kind of cool. People have all sorts of problems and issues. Some are just plain silly and ridiculous.. Easy to solve. Some questions are just the worst 'f*** my life'. xDDD

• Answer questions, chat with friends, comment on answers, ask questions

• Answer questions, give advice, chat to friends, ask questions

• I spread my joy to the e-world on here

*waits for downvotes*

• Mainly I'm on here to talk to friends. I haven't been on that much since they got rid of the chat bar, but I'm on sometimes.Sometimes, I'll answer questions, if I find them interesting enough (and easy to answer). Don't post many questions. Only if I'm really curious about something. If I do answer, its mostly on other. Sometimes others as well. So mostly I talk to friends and answer questions.

• points, reading interesting answers and questions and learning about things I never did before.

• Talk to friends, ask questions, answer questions

• Mainly for observation and practising my English.

• Antagonize people

• a lot of things I like the xper points

• Answer questions

• I log in when I am bored. I am interested in the male perspective as well.

What Guys Said 14

• As sad as it may sound, I actually like forums/communicating with people online than in person. I'm still alone yet I'm being social to a certain extent.

But I love answering questions. I'm kinda a hopeless romantic and I like sharing my past relationship experiences with others.

In the beginning (last summer), I only asked questions about a girl I was really into (still am, just not as desperate haha) and didn't answer. Stopped posting for almost a year and came back when I had another question but at that time, I stuck around as it gave me something to do when I was recovering from a kidney transplant (was stuck at home for a month). You can find me answering more than asking. If I think of an interesting question, I'll post it. It's kinda nice seeing some of my questions get a ton of responses (around 20).

I would consider myself highly active now and I'm pretty much all over the place but lately I've been in this category (Other) a lot lately. Just a lot of questions I've found intriguing here lately.

I've been here for a year (lurker for the most part, active since about April). I've stuck around for reasons I mentioned above and because the community here isn't as bad as some of the forums I've frequented. I think I've helped quite a bit but I'm sure some of my answers have been more nonsensical haha.

I plan on sticking around for as long as possible but I doubt I'll be as active if I ever go back to school and go to work full time.

• well howdy, I mostly answer questions but also ask maybe a couple a week. Somedays I like to f*** with people on here, some days I just wanna see if I can help lol (normally my advice isn't taken very well though)

umm I mean I find GAG time fun but when I write something I want to know what people are going to comment on my posts so that keeps me here, as long as actually getting to talk about some cool things (most of my friends don't care for philosophy or sociology or anything)

ive been on and off since 2010 because I go through times where I'm just too busy to be on here lol. I feel like if some people listened to my advice (just toughening up or not reading into things etc then yeah Id be helpful) but as is they normally don't listen

• Ienjoy the fairly unbridled, mostly censorship-free discussion of issues that you don't often have in our own circle of friends.

Fortunately, they don't HAVE all the problems listed here!

And I like to get wider opinion on some issues tan I'd get from my own circle, so I ask qute a few questions.

Actually, I'm one of the most active people, aside from the anonymous point magnets who answer dozens of questions daily with four word, mostly meaningless 'answers' just to gather points.

• Three down arrow, probably from the Horsewomen of the Anonymous, most of which I haven't got blocked, althoough they've all got me blocked.

• 1) Give advice + voice opinion + moderate

2) I post mostly answers, and the questions I do post are a mix of serious and not so serious themes

3 + 4)I post mostly in the "other" category, but sometimes I travel into "Behavior"

5) I would say I'm fairly active, but not active enough to make the top ten xper charts

6) It's a nice way to kill time, but I do enjoy talking with certain people here

I've been here a couple years. GaG reminded me of this by giving me 100 xper a few days ago on the anniversary lol. I continue to come mainly for the people, as I do enjoy many users here. I do what I can to help and inform, and I feel like I've been helpful with that at least half the time. Others have done what they can to help and inform me also, which is nice

• I pretty much only answer questions and learn by reading other questions and and answers. I rarely ask questions.

• I lurk mostly. I come on pretty much every day, but I rarely interact by answering or asking or commenting. Mostly I just choose interesting questions and read the answers. I don't have much life experience to comment on, but I figure I can learn from others. I've been here since 2011, and I've seen a lot of changes. Mostly users who used to be frequent contributors leave, which left a quality hole in it's place. Also, I have a friend on here, and she's kinda the bee's knees. So I stick around for our conversations.

• I'm answerer.

• 1) answer questions

2) ask conversation-provoking questions (I have pretty high ratings on my questions)

• i answer sh*t and ask my burning questions I stick to the style and other sections and I used to stay heavily in sexuality but tht sh*t got too weird for me when people started asking about masochism and sex dungeons...

i do it to get amazon cards...i like free sh*t haha

• I mainly come here on the weekend/study break. I answer everything anonymously and post maybe a few questions a week. I only browse things related to flirting, cooking, philosophical type discussions or mens' style tips. I avoid the sex section haha.

I have helped a few people and it makes me feel really good. I told my therapist about this site and he loves the idea that I give people advice on what I know about (battling depression, self-esteem issues, etc). He made it a weekly goal for me to come on here to post nice things for people :)

• Teach people how to sell dope just kidding lol Answer questions and post questions.

• you left an option out - troll.

• On this site, mainly answer questions. I put in a lot of effort too.

Generally though, I don't tend to say anything unless I have something big to add to the subject, yet still I generally average about 10-20 answers per day.

I don't stalk any specific category, though it would seem I typically answer women more often than I do for men.

As for my activity. I'm always here, though my level of activity can vary, because some days there's just nothing good to answer, or I just feel everyone else has got this. So I say nothing, and lurk until good stuff starts coming in, generally in waves. I guess you can say I wait for the tide.

I do use this site as a means of killing time, because really, I can do it whenever I got a spare minute, or when it's a really slow day. But I do also feel pretty compelled to come back here. I came here to help actually. It's part of why I keep coming back.

I've been here on this site for over four years.

I came here to help. It's why I still keep coming back, as stated.

I don't know how helpful I am, but I think I've helped some people. I've become friends with people who were in frightening situations, and walked them through getting their life back together. Some of them are doing really well for themselves, even now, and I really do feel I helped with that. I've helped a few people with those kinds of problems, and when you can really feel it, it's a great feeling. So I keep coming back hoping I can do that some more.

I suppose that's it.

• its just something for me to do. I enjoy messaging people on here for someone to talk to