Who asks and answers more questions as anonymous - girls or guys?

I thought I noticed a trend here in who answers anonymously more often. I decided to find out by counting a bunch of questions and answers for a block of time yesterday. What do you think? I'll post the answer to my survey in 24 hours.

• More girls ask/answer anon
  • More girls ask anon; more guys answer anon
  • More guys ask anon; more girls answer anon
  • More guys ask/answer anon
By more I mean higher percentage. Sorry for the confusion
On Sunday I reviewed 76 questions with 519 answers from the day before. Here is what I found:

Questions asked anonymously: Girls: 35 of 50 = 70%; Guys: 13 of 26 = 50%

Questions answered anonymously: Girls: 109 of 277 = 39%; Guys: 83 of 242 = 34%

In other words, 66% of the anonymous questions were by girls. The answers were basically even: 54% of anonymous answers were by girls. Either answers A) or B) would be acceptable. Almost everyone chose one of these two.
girlsaskguys gave the actual values, noted as one of the answers:

"In the last 30 days 63% of the anonymous questions were by the girls.

In the same time period number anonymous answers were almost perfectly evenly divided between girls and guys 50%-50%"

I'm surprised by how close I came for such a relatively small sample!

I had guessed that many more girls asked anonymously and many more guys answered anonymously. I was half right.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems there are more girls users here than guy users, so by that I'd say more girls ask/answer anonymously. There's simply more of them :-)

• Sorry, I meant higher percentage not higher absolute amounts.

• I still think it's women, haha!

What Girls Said 8

• I feel like I see more anonymous questions from guys than girls.

And I think about an equal amount of guys and girls answer anonymously.

• I believe girls ask and answer more questions anonymously.

• I think it can depend on the question type or category, I saw a couple such as a poop question almost all girls were anon, and guys were not.

• Definitely women in both cases. I see more pink than anything else on this site.

• There are more women users than guys on this site I think over all :P so would make sense.

And seeing more pink sounds like a good thing ;)

• I think anonymous male and female users are about even on this site.

• Girls

• I never go anon

• I think the guys ask more anonymously.

What Guys Said 13

• In the last 30 days 63% of the anonymous questions were by the girls.

In the same time period number anonymous answers were almost perfectly evenly divided between girls and guys 50%-50%

• Sure! Give the answer away early!. In my small sample of 76 questions I tallied, 66% of anonymous questions were girls and 54% of the anonymous answers were girls. That's not too far off the actual results.

• In fact you are very close talloak. We do come up with this type of statistics periodically. This one is a particulary interesting one. Thanks for giving us a chance to show our work :) and congratulations on being so close to the results.

• Seems about even. I have been trying to remember to block most answers from anon users nowadays since most of them tend to troll.

• To be honest, I think it's pretty even but I don't usually pay attention to whether someone is anonymous or not, just their age if it factors into their question.

• Probably more girls because girls seem less open than guys.

• just scrolling down the first page of polls - guys.

• oh, ask AND answer... hmm... I think girls answer anon most... luckily I haven't voted yet!

• chicks of course...

i bet if this site didn't have anonymous there wouldn't be one single chick here. and I must say, they know how to take advantage of it too

• There are a lot of girls who post all the time with their profiles. I'm starting to get to know some of them at least indirectly.

• depends on time of day

• girls use that thing as if its the only option available lol

• lol at the two anon girls, they are ALWAYS anon. The p****** :P

• More girls by far

• Girls . especially if the question is sexual.

• Anonymous? I would never answer like that!

• I never answer anonymous