Will GAG ever bring chat back?

let me know what you all think, do you miss chat, do you think it should be brought back, or are you happy its gone?

Most Helpful Guy

• This has been asked quite a lot. link link -- Those are two recent examples.

But I don't know. I've asked the administrators who actually run the site, about this many times, and the thing they tend to say is that they are looking into it. Like they'er looking for a replacement for the meebo bar and considering their options, but honestly, whenever the admins say they're looking into it, it means don't hold your breath. Sure, they might get around to it eventually, but they're incredibly slow. You might see it again after the site changes, but to be completely honest, I have no clue. The higher ups don't really tell us much. I doubt they'd even give sparrow24 a straight answer.

Sorry I can't tell you much more, but yeah, they might bring it back, but you're likely going to have to wait a long time before that happens. I for one am in a weird place. I kinda miss it, but I don't think I'll be terribly saddened if they never ever bring it back. So really, I think if it came back, my attitude will probably be "Oh so that happened, huh?" and go back about my day. The only way I'll have an issue is if people start adding me demanding I settle all their petty disputes, again, like they used to. (You know who you are.)

Anyway so as I said, I'm sorry I can't give you a much more definitive answer. The only thing else I can say is if you want to get it back, I think you folks will be much better off messaging the admins here -- link -- and if ever last one of you started blowing up their mailbox with requests and demands to bring it back. Even then, it might take a while. But hey, best of luck to you.

What Guys Said 5

• As long as the new chat doesn't sign you automatically, I don't really care. To be honest, the main reason why I want chat back now is so that the questions about it can lessen down a bit, no offense or anything. The admins already know that it was a popular feature and that people largely miss it, and they didn't even remove meebo by choice. People just need to be patient and wait for the new site update (planned for late October) to see what new features are introduced.

• I'm happy it's gone. One less advertisement floating around and no need to sign out of chat right after I sign in to the site.

• Not saying any names... but some of my friends like to talk for hours... I would sign in for intending to check my messages or answer like one question to take a 2 minute break, and get caught in a 20 minute convo with some girl and have to cut her off and be like I got things to do... =P

• I'll be honest I hated chat. I would sign me in automatically and people would chat longer than I wanted too. People would have problems and ask me even If I had no idea.

• It isn't a big deal to me. For the people that didn't like it there should just be a way to hide from people so they don't know you are on. I don't see any reason to take away the feature.

• I loved chat and I do miss it.

What Girls Said 4

• 1) Yes, I think they will bring it back or some chat alternative in the near future.

2) Personally, I don't care about it and even if the site does bring it back I seriously doubt I would use it.

3) I will be happy if it comes back so people will stop complaining about it being gone.

• We know a lot of you guys miss it, we are working on that, considering our options.

Stay tuned for updates!

• None of the moderators even know let alone these gag users that think they know everything

• I never used it but apparently there were A LOT of male creeps.