Why The Point System

I joined this webpage to ask a question just to find out that I have to be on level 3 before I can ask it because of it's nature. I really didn't want to spend days trying to get to level 3 just to have a question answered. What's the point in the point system? I personally think it is going to end up turning some users (such as myself) away from the webpage. On Yahoo, I could have asked without having to be on a certain level.

Most Helpful Guy

• This , I'm sure is to keep trolls from asking a troll question or two and then disappearing. Most of them won't stick around long enough to get to level 3 to play their games.

There are so many Internet trolls out there. Especially on an advice site.

What Guys Said 5

• The level restrictions (Xper 3+ for sexual, Xper 4+ for links) have cut down on spam considerably. I apologize that you can't ask your question. But we found a lot of spammers coming to the site, signing up, spamming the site (explicit questions, inappropriate chat, spamming links, just to name a few) for several hours and never showing up again. Unfortunately, this is the reality of the internet. While this restriction may be inconvenient for some, it has improved the site overall. Thanks...

• My question is: How are there some level one users asking some creepy sexuality questions? Did they get by the system or something?

• This answer was posted in September.

The Sexuality Xper Level restriction has since been lifted.

link

• I wasn't aware, thank you

• Ya that's very true and sometimes thought you may not get the right answer either from their, I've tried that until I found this site and it not always about the question you are trying to answer sometimes the answer could to you by answering someone else question.

• Well aren't you a handful of a bi-ch. The reason why they have a point system is to keep spammers and trolls such as yourself from answering things right away that probably shouldn't be. It also tells them that you are a human and not a bot. Bots tend to do things that humans normally wouldn't.

Why not just add people and ask them a question through messages?

• it helps keep the spam down from new users just looking to cause trouble

• Trolls.

What Girls Said 5

• They have that set up to prevent people from signing up for the sake of trolling the boards and constantly asking inappropriate questions.

• For the Amazon gift cards, duh:D But really though, it's to keep the trolling down.

• The ever so lovely trolls that exist

• I hear ya! I bore my soul in a question and posted it publicly (sort of) just to be told I have to be on a higher level to get my question answered. Sort of humiliating. :(

• To keep trolls away from asking questions