Mohawks: Yea or nay? You tell me!

I've been thinking of shaving my head again. My girlfriend literally whimpers whenever I bring it up, because she likes me with hair. She also likes to run her fingers through my hair and pet me, kinda like a cat.

So. Compromise. I am thinking of a mohawk. What do you think? Think I can pull one off? If you think I would be better suited to another haircut, please do chime in with what kind, you think would look best. If possible, please provide links.

(For reference, this is what I look like -- link link and right now I have shoulder length hair. )

• Yes, go for it!
  • No, I don't think so.
  • Another haircut. (Which one?)
I've had a mohawk for the past two weeks now. I would have updated you folks sooner, but there just haven't been very many photo opportunities. However, recently, I had the opportunity to meet Gabriel Iglesias, and they took a photo. I was just happy to shake his hand.

Anyway, back on point. Here's a picture of me with the mohawk. link As you can probably see, I haven't shaved in a few days. Ah well.
Weird. Somebody pointed out that my question turned anonymous. Don't know why. But it's public again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are we talking tall spiky punk mohawk?

or like, a Joe Dick mohawk?

I think the JD would be more of a better compromise..

Also think you could pull that off better...

You could also compromise with a faux hawk...

What Girls Said 29

• I think you can pull if off, yeah. If you don't like it once it's done you can always just shave your head and that would look good too (though I know your girlfriend wouldn't be the happiest about that). Anyway, hair grows back. I say you should try the mohawk and see how you like it. I think a small-medium sized one would work ( link link ). I don't know if you want everywhere else bald, or more of a fohawk look. I think keeping the hair short on the sides and back looks best. It's up to you though. Overall, it's a yea from me. ^^

• That's a good picture, though I think if I were to get one, I'd actually keep the sides shaved. But hey, thanks.

• I believe he said he's on a pretty long tour right now though, just so you know.

• Hmm, yeah looks like it from what I see online. Oh well, whenever he's back.

• to be honest... I think a mohawk is a little immature. its a fine hairstyle for a teen or someone who wocrs in the entertainment industry but to me its just a little bit young. and I don't think it fits your style (but I only saw to pictures so I don't really know how you dress.)

• Any suggestions on what kind of haircut I should get, then?

• ok I don't really know the name of this haircut but I think it's really attractive on guys.

link

link

• It also seems to require a ton of hair-gel.

• I think that's a comical resolution. "Sure, I'll keep a third of my hair." I say go for it just to see the look on her face. Then if she likes it then you should keep it. Otherwise if she hates it then all the more reason to shave you head.

• Yeah, she's starting to dread my compromises.

For example, when we were talking marriage stuff, she was talking about whether or not she's willing to take my name. She's not sure about whether she will or not. But she wants to share a name, and I kinda do to. So I suggested we both change our name, then made a bunch of stupid suggestions for surnames.

• Sorry for my late response.

Guess you don't need my opinion anymore? :)

The new haircut suits you without doubt. Hope you are happy with it. ^-^

And congrats?!

But if you ask me, I think the haircut you had in you first picture was better.

The Mohawks haircut.. I feel it's for bad boys. :P

• I've got a bit of an edge, I think. But I don't see how it's strictly a badboy thing.

• Hmm isn't there what's called the "bad boy look"?

I think this haircut is one of their styles.

Of course it's just a look, it doesn't mean you are one. :P

Btw, it has been awhile. how are you?

• Quite well.

• Yes, it would suit you :)

• Really, now? Thanks. I'll take it into consideration.

• Oh my God, you would look just like Barry Stock! link link So, yes, go for it!

• Interesting. You find Barry Stock attractive?

• I'll keep you posted then.

• Awesome ^.^

• i personally like the second pic! long hair doesn't suit you as well in my opinion!

• Well, depends on your general style and your attitude, I guess. Personally I don't like the look, but that's just my personal taste.

But either way, IF you get a mohwak, get a real one, not a fauxhawk. Fauxhawks are TERRIBLE.

• Any suggestions on what kind of haircut I should get, then, if not a mohawk? Any thing come to mind?

• Brown hair. It's pretty straight, but it waves a little bit after 5 or 6 inches.

• Hmm. Honestly, I'd just go with a normal short haircut. Unless they get really wavy after a bit, then maybe a little longer could look nice.

• Do what you want to. But I personally don't like Mohawks. It just looks so unnatural. I'm no hair stylist. You should ask your girl what she would like on you, after all, she's the one who's gonna be with you. It doesn't matter if anyone else likes your hair or not. :)

• It's funny. I ask her what kind of haircut she thinks I'd look good in, but offers no suggestions. She's not helpful in that regard. All she offers is "not bald" because she thinks I look like a freak without hair. Hence the whimpering.

Any suggestions on what kind of haircut you think I should get, then? Links would help.

• I have no idea. But here's something I just googled.

link

• >:|

• Honestly? Guys that get mohawks don't look so attractive to me and I dislike them with a passion! So no DO NOT GO FOR IT.

• Hmm. Noted, thanks. Any suggestions on what kind of haircut I should get, then?

• I like the two links of you and I think a Mohawk would suit you well.

• Thanks. I'll think about it.

• PLEASE NO!

• I actually liked that first picture with a little bit of a flow. But the buzz looked nice too. Shorter hair is definitely good for you.

• Thanks for the input.

• Don't go for the mohawk, I don't think you could pull it off sorry. You should try for a cut that's shorter than the first pic but slightly longer than the second. That way it's still long enough for your girlf, yet still suits you.

• Any particular haircut you'd recommend? A link would help.

• I have no idea who they are, I just typed the style I was thinking into google images :P

Sorry that cut doesn't work for you... maybe just go for the mohawk

• Well one of them looks very much like Jensen Eclkes I don't know about the other but I think he's Sean Hayes.

• I think you should go with the Mohawk. If neither of you like it, you can just shave it off and you still win! Lol

With the Mohawk, when it isn't up, your hair will still be kind of long, so I think it's a great compromise! Good luck!

• Kinda what I was thinking. We'll see. I'm still waiting to hear from the rest of the peanut gallery. Thanks.

• i think a mohawk would look good on you but I agree with another user, if you do a mohawk you should shave the beard. it doesn't seem to fit together. just my opinion. each detracts from the other.

vut def I think a mohawk would sit you fine ;-)

• Thanks for that. I'll think about it.

• Honestly if you really want to rock the mohawk I think you should shave your beard because it will look better without it but if you don't want to shave your beard than you should shave your head again. Again this is just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it :)

• Nah. I haven't shaved the beard in well over a decade. So since you don't like the mohawk with the beard (or perhaps just hate beards) any suggestions on what kind of haircut you think I should get, then? Links would really help.

• Just keep your hair shaved if you want to keep the beard :)

• Hmm... Apparently sometime within the last 30 minutes, MusicLover246 left the site. Banned? Quit? It is a mystery. You shall be missed.

• You look good with that style! I say you should change your hair style now!

• Still haven't done it, but I probably will within a few days. Thanks for the input.

• You are welcome...

• I'm not particular fond of the hair style, but It really is your choice

• Any suggestions on what kind of haircut I should get, then? Links would help.

• Ya I think it would look good on you

• Do you, now? Good good. Thanks for the input. I'll consider it.

• Sure!

• Thanks for weighing in.

>:D

• do it

• Thanks for the input!

• Go for it.

• Faux hawk should be a compromise.

• Why a fauxhawk, specifically?

• Because you wouldn't shave the sides off completely and it would be easier to grow out. Also since she would like you with hair then again you would have hair, not as long, but it would still remain. So for argument sake you can say that you didn't really shave off all your hair.

• Nay.

You seem to fit the bald look.

• Do I now? Does bald really look that good on me?

• Sounds like fun to me.

• Looks good on you.

• I saw many guys with this hairstyle, not to my liking but if you like please go ahead

• Any suggestions on what kind of haircut I should get, then? Any links you can provide to something you think might look good on me?

• Actually the second link you posted suits u

• Yeah, I think it might look cute.

• I say do whatever you want, haha!

I voted A.

Personally, I like the look of a fohawk more than a mohawk. I like some hair :-)

• really?, you think a feaux hawk is better?...im not tryin to be an a**hole, but a feaux hawk is just what someone gets when they don't have the balls to get a mohawk...

• I don't know... I just don't like the shaved look, anywhere on the head.

• Oh.

What Guys Said 5

• I would suggest you shave your head like in the second picture, like a young distinguished Limp Bizkit. You look like a boy band member in that first picture "Second Direction". lol

Some guys can really pull the mohawk off and something tells me you can pull off too maybe the short hair mohawk and if it doesn't work, than just shave it, because it isn't for ever. Your hair grows back you know :P

Tell your girlfriend if you shave your head she can still rub it like a hairless cat link meow

• Not sure what to make of the hairless cat comment, but I do have some strong hate for Fred Durst. Still thanks for weighing in, bud.

• You said that she likes to run her fingers through your hair like a cat, but there are also hairless cats to pet. :-P , I hate you Fred fan? lol

• Derp?

• Mohawks don't seem too cool. I mean, if you're Native American, I'm sure you could do it for your culture, but it's not really stylish, in my opinion. But if you like it, then go for it! But do you think you'll need to compromise with your wife?

• nay

• Don't know why you were voted down for sharing an opinion. Not like there's a right answer to this. Here's a 1+ for karma, bud.

So, do you have any suggestions of what kind of haircut I should get instead?

• That looks alright. I could consider it. I might just give up and go bald. We'll see.

• yea that will simple...

• Mohawks look really stupid in my opinion. Why are you not a mod anymore?

• Definitely go for the mohawk.

• Coming from Rainbow Dash, who has one mighty impressive mohawk, that means a lot.