Should I feel ashamed for answering some questions that has been on GAG for over 2 years?

Have any of you have answered some questions that has been on GAG for a year or two?

The way I see it, regardless of how old a GAG question is, as long as I can gain some XPER points, that's the only thing that matters.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're just questions dude.

Not a big deal.

What Girls Said 5

• Nope,I do it too sometimes. Lol

• I'm not after xper points cause I really don't care, but when I see a question I want to answer and realize it's like a year old I'm like damn... lol and I don't usually answer it. I just feel silly if I do

• But of course everybody is different so I'm sure you wouldn't look down on me, for answering a question that old.

• anything to get your +3 xper :P

Although don't expect to get best answer, Plus those users are probably inactive,or deactivated their account.

• No big deal

• no that's fine.

What Guys Said 6

• Why would you feel ashamed for answering a question? Any question? From any time? Just because it was asked a long time ago doesn't mean the asker and other people can't benefit from another answer. It benefits you too because you gain points and you helped someone. Nothing to be ashamed of. I search and answer old questions too sometimes.

• Ashamed? Why would that be shameful?

It's OK to answer old questions. But you're most likely not going to help out the asker considering they might have abandoned their account. And even less likely that new people are going to read your answer.

And what is this sh*t about answering only for experience points? This site is about offering insightful advice, not racking up points. It's no wonder so many people give bad advice here.

• I only answer old questions if the questions themselves aren't situational. If it was a particular event in someones life, it probably has long since changed for the better or worse, so there's no point in answering them. Other questions though like "What's your favorite [insert any subject]" are perfectly fine to answer despite the age

• The people who asked the questions asked for help. You are doing what you can (unless your just answerin yes or no to everything) to help them or someone who may stumble accross the question looking for smething simular.

• link

why on earth would you bother answering something that old. the person already has answers and you likely don't have anything new to add. it is annoying when someone makes a 5 word answer that is the same as what 3 people already said 3 months ago

• It doesn't matter if that person already has answers, I may have a different answer

• 90% of the time you won't & the person has moved on to new things

• I've done it on occasion and I didn't feel ashamed. I felt that I had something valuable to add and the free xper doesn't hurt.