Is GaG really like a small town ?

It seems as if everybody knows everybody here,

Despite the massive amounts of users that join or log in.

If you mention someone, everyone knows who you're talking about :).

What do you think ?

1|0
9|18

Most Helpful Guy

• More like the playground. Many people know of other people and put them into groups. The trollers, the whiners, the eternal optimists. The regulars do get noticed and we assume a lot about them by way they answer or ask questions. E.g You seem like a young African American lady in a relationship or at least in a space where she is content. Mother figure of sortsm (purely speculating, but I'm sure you do it too :p)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• In a way it can be, although a lot of people on here are people who just seem to appear... There are people I've never seen or never remembered seeing and all of a sudden they're level 8 or above... I'm like where the heck they come from?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think of it more as a large public restroom

1|0
    0|0
  • I kind of like that, it's like we have are regulars everyone knows lol and then there are always new people constantly joining to always keep the site interesting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's like a small town but crammed with people of various opinions from all over the world. The small town people I've met have been more agreeable.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it were like a small town, I'd have had cybered with a few users already. ...female users, of course. >_>

0|0
    0|0
    • Some are actually down for that.

• Show All
    • tbh, I had a U18 girl here message me some paragraph of her sexual exploits. I wasn't quite sure if she was serious or if she was really Chris Hansen trolling me to ask for pics...

• oh, and who, Hamburgers? Tell them I'm down...

• More like a bar. There are regulars and occasional visitors...and one time visitors who never return after meeting the regulars.

2|1
    0|0
  • Im just starting to get to know this place. It seems pretty cool I have no friends though but in time I will take over

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it is a community of some sort. I don't memorize many names though, I mostly recognize people from the image icon.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a way, I suppose... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • there are regulars but.. loads of new people all the time, so I don't think so.

also, its all so depersonalized so there's no small town social vibe going

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I wouldn't say I know everybody, but yeah it's certainly like a small town

0|0
    0|0
  • gags is like a mental Hospital online :) JKD

but some people on here are famous and others not so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to agree.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. It depends on the type of questions they ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is and I like this aspect of Gag. There of course are a few bad apples on here but there are many good people and I have grown quite close to a few.

1|0
    0|0
  • im the local ninja

0|0
    0|0
  • The regular users all know each other. Not sure about the casual users.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• haha pretty much. But it's really only the controversial users or the really active users who are well known.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would not think of it as a small town "where everybody knows your name" lol, Cheers theme song popped into my head, lol. Even though there are some that I do not really know I recognize some of the regulars by username which I think is natural. I consider myself regular here but I mostly interact with those that are here for like a day, but gone tomorrow,lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the hometown of some and a growing city for others where some one to visit and others for a vacation :D

1|0
    0|0
  • All the regulars know of each other. There's a ton of people who post occasionally or who sign up to ask one question but the people who stick around I usually recognize their name whether we talk or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I guess so. Though, I never really talk to my neighbors. :p

0|0
    0|0
  • There are users who are most known than others and that's normal, usually these are the ones who everybody talks about.

But, yes I would say it's like a small town.

0|0
    0|0
  • I recognize most names on here..I wouldn't say I know anyone though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes,I have observed this from the live feed and seen how slowly it moves.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah...know know personally prob. not. more like online friend. you get to know ea. view so you kinda "know"

its diff. but nice

0|0
    0|0