Should we have a special place to make a farewell message on GAG?

One of my favorites, The God Emperor Leto, has recently left. I'm curious as to why, and If I could contact him I'd ask for an e mail.

Should there be a place to make farewell statements that we could all access, and leave messages for the person leaving?

C'mon, rate it, you have to like this question!
Clearly this would be optional..when people left, they would have the option to allow us to send them messages on Gag, asking for an e mail address. If they really want to disappear without a trace, they'd be allowed to do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• He left! He was the one of the few good friends I had on here our one year anniversary was coming up :*( nice gift he's given awwh man sucks big time. I definitely like the idea of a farewell message system at least that way we can contact them etc

What Girls Said 6

• No, I don't think we should.

A lot of users "suddenly" leave.

I have been here for years, and it shocks me every time.

They literally go from a very active user to closing their whole account overnight.

I think if a user was really your '"friend" they would have the courtesy to at least send you a goodbye message themselves or leave another way of contacting them.

• Leto wasn't such a buddy he'd have sent me a private message, but I think there should be a way to ask people who leave to give you an e mail address; we sort of grooved on most issues.

• I think what's gone should be gone.

If people wanted you to contact them, they would leave that information.

Why would someone who declares themselves done with gag even check back to see who wants to keep in contact with them? If they didn't leave their information before closing their account, It's very rare that they would do so after.

• I think yes it would be nice to have such a place where everyone can post a message and concern person may find it.

• I agree with Janson.
    I think if their friends are that important they should send them a message and give them another way to contact them before leaving.

• A lot of us don't have 'friends' here, we've never met anyone, but there have been people I'd have liked to have stayed in contact with...

• I still think if it was important to them, they would of shared that information. Maybe I wrong though, I don't know lol.

• If there was a mechanism to do that, I think they would have! But they aren't going to individually message a lot of people; that's how they'd have to do it now.

• Sure, I'm in. I just saw that he suddenly left. I always liked his answers. Bummer!

• Thank go he's gone... lol kidding

He was a quite a character. That would be nice and sweet. But this is not a graduation xD

• Someof us might wqnt to stay in touch..it would add to the appeal of the site.

• It sounds sweet, but overly dramatic.

Are you planning on leaving?...lol

What Guys Said 16

• No. Who wants to read drama-queen whining.

• God Emperor Leto, has left ? that's a pity, I always liked his answers.

• I wasn't a fan of many of his opinions, particularly on political issues, though I always enjoyed debating with him.

• Yes, while I tended to agree with him. He would never give me a BA, though.

• Yeah the political crazies have gotten too psychotically opinionated lately.

• that's strange he was on a bunch last week. uh as far as a farewell message. I guess it kind gets into some sort of intruding issues for GAG if a person gets rid of their account and then the site chooses to send messages to their email from users.

but I do think it would be a nice sentiment and obviously your motives are in the right place.

• People wouldn't be required to leave such a message! it would be strictly voluntary. If they give their e mail in the message, we could contact them, or we leave messages like we do when they are active members. They don't have to respond..

• how did you realize he was off the site?

• It is strange when active users leave. I remember being shocked that peace.love.couture left. I'm sure there's no harm in adding the feature. It's not like people have to use it

• Man I was shocked too. He must have felt that it was time. Had you friended him, maybe he would have said something

• Well his posts were definitely interesting to say the least. He was a regular user so he'll be missed. I'm not sure if we need a farewell message type thing because if someone wants to maintain contact they could message people they're close to on here prior to leaving.

• yeah I guess that would be gud...coz you might meet people out here whom you would be really connected to but if they decide to leave there must be some way to reach out...

• No. You can just do it in your profile or make a post about it. Some guy, Kain6th (I think that was his name) did it. There doesn't need to be a special spot.

• I never seen the point in deleting the account. I left for like 2 years and just signed back in one day as if nothing happend. I remember when SnackerG left that guy litterialy answered every single question on here and he was pretty cool as well, but it was really shocking.

• They always come back under a different name. I can tell when a person gets a new handle, just by reading the syntax of their posts, and their topics of interest.

• But to answer your question, no, I do not think we should have a farewell section on this website. It would be redundant.

If someone on here cared enough about their cyber friends, they'd inform you and tell you how to contact them.

• I think something like that is a good deal in theory. In practice, it'll be used in many different, creepier ways

• So what? The person has left the site, what harm can this do?

• this is what I was sort of trying to say. that giving out personal info to contact a person could lead to a lot of privacy issues. while your intentions may be good others' may not

• Nah I think its unnecessary. When people leave, they can just message the people they want to stay in touch with

• whoa...i was just talking to him yesterday. That was quite sudden. I liked him

• Me too, except he would never give me a BA if his life depended on it.

• People will leave regardless of canceling their account or not. Why force them to send a mass message to a community their leaving?

• Good riddance.

• Isn't that the guy with the glasses in his avatar?

• If he was that pale, scrawny guy with black glasses, I didn't like him.

• Hey QA, I was wrong. I was talking about this guy: link

DynastyEmpire1990