How is it that Gag has so many nice people?

Where do you come from good people? There are so many jackrabbits on yahoo answers and TONS on YouTube. I love you guys...even the trolls!

• Dumb luck
  • Gag has secret magnets that drag in mostly good people
  • Practical Magic (yea yea I know that's a movie)
  • Scooby Doo where are you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude I was on Yahoo Answers for one day before never returning. So many judgmental a**holes there who are just intolerant of everyone who doesn't think like them. I like it here because more people are laid back. Yeah you have the occasional arguments and headstrong people clashing but it isn't as hateful or widespread.

• Not only are you a tall ginger man but you are quite helpful and friendly. Thank you :)

• Your'e welcome and glad you are feeling good now :)

• I agree with you. :)

What Girls Said 21

• Well, among the bitter self-proclaimed nice guys who hate women and the attention whores, there are certainly some good people (maybe 2%, yes I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, that's the usual thing to do here)... Truth is, good people can be found anywhere. Personally I'm not one of them. I'm bitter and negative and a pessimist, STAY AWAY!

• Lol@ 2%. I have the flu but am determined (you know who this is :P) and if you don't change those numbers I will MAKE you change that 2%!

• this conversation was entertaining, haha

• :) I loved it. This girl is so funny

• I really depends on the people trust me I've met a bunch of jerks on here. Pretty much if you're nice to us then we'll be nice to you =)

• I'm a firm believer of being nice regardless of what I get back. I give to give and not to get anything back. If people choose to be jerks then I allow them that. Hurt people hurt people. I have been on here for 4 years and think that yes my question is silly but there are tons of nice people here. +1 for your answer thanks

• I think the mean people don't stay here long…they get easily reported ;)

• I agree although there are some determined people that keep coming back to spread their hate. I just try to make them laugh. It occasionally works actually

• I think it's because the stories people write here are longer so when they read you they think of you as more than just a number. On yahoo the questions are so short that people end up stereotyping and misinterpreting what others are saying.

• Lol @ more than just a number (your user name) :P

• I wish we could upvote or downvote comments. That was a really smart one,

• I got a kick out of the irony of it all (all the numbers)

• Because GAG is just uber cool. I don't like social networking and don't have FB or any of that crap, but I love GAG. You can be yourself and everyone is chill. :-D

• Indeed now let's go listen to some Asa :P

• Aww, thx ! You are too, I will gladly accept. :-D

• :)

• It's not about Gag having nice people - its about what sort of people Gag attracts. It's the people who have a nice personality Gag has nothing to do with people being nice - but Gag gets brownie points for bringing in these people

• Could you explain in more depth please...

• It's cool. My point was though it comes off as obnoxious when correcting people and it came off as worse as you were wrong on top of it. It's no big deal.

• Because we are awesome...but now because of your poll, I have the Scooby Doo theme song stuck in my head

• I found this site by accident while searching for a topic in bing...but I really love it, hasn't even been a week yet but I'm hopelessly addicted lol. I like how open I can be on here and it is really helpful :)

• It is a really great site. Glad you found it too :)

• The same :) Thank you hun

• :) :) No problem :)

• I am evil actually.

• I disagree there is at least one user on,here who I have seen that is asking for trouble. It is like she picks fights on gag. It is kind of weird and although I have had no problems with her directly I have seen other users complain about her, heard she changed her name. I am not trying to be funny but I think she is like a supertroll or bitter and trying to make everyone else nitter. I kind of feel sorry,for her. From what I heard she changed her name. And she is not very nice at all

• How do you know all this being a new user yourself?

• Oh I know who it is. She has mental problems obviously.

• Like I said I do know who it is. She has mental issues

• I found this website on accident. I freaking love it!

• Ditto Lau Lau

• You got me! I had no clue it was you... Well except all the options are repetitive...

• :P again and again and again and...

• I found this on coincidence because I wanted advice lol. But your welcome! :)

• I also found this by dumb luck. Did you get the advice you needed?

• Oh, you know.

• Oh do I now? Are they all your relatives or from your home town? (the nice people on gag)

• I came upon the site by chance when I was looking for some advices

• While pressurizing people in a crock pot? Kidding kidding girl +1

• oook I didn't know that :*) thanks

• Anytime girl. Best of luck to you and hope you get all the advice you need.

• You know what, I didn't notice how true that was. On other social site people are straight up evil. There may be some on here but not by the masses.

• I agree. I have talked with some of the coolest people here!

• Just the luck of the draw I suppose.

• The tell me my dear why did you choose practical magic on the poll? *grunts and does hulk smash!*

• If you nice people you mean horny perverts then I guess B

• by* not you

• How am I trolling? The other names I wanted were taken so I had 2 improvise.

• He's just jealous because last week his breasts fell off...a moment of silence please :)

• Maybe just good moderators

• There's a lot of trolls(mostly male) on this site actually. You just haven't seen any.

• Been on here for 4 years so hmmm yea I have seen many. Even right here is a troll link

• Lol that's obviously you

• :P:P:P

• the moderators are pretty good, if it wasn't for them I'd let my inner a**hole shine a lot more:)

• hahahahahahahahaha

• This is probably the first time I've seen anything good said about moderators on here, ha

• :) she has a really good point. I might not be so nice to some obsessed people on here (not the ones obsessed with bacon of course)

What Guys Said 20

• People hang around here because there's very little censorship, and you can ask almost anythng. There aren't many places on the Net that have as much freedom.

And the fredom drives away a lot of the trolls, who just get ignored for the most part. If they can't interfere and throw wrenches into the gears, most of them get bored and leave.

• Playing Captain Save-a-Hoe is a hobby of mine. This site provides me plenty of material to play the part!

• There are nice AND rude people on gag, yahoo, and other sites. Some users collide with the bad ones more than the good ones. You are lucky to get more of the good ones.

• Over all this site has many good people. Even the user below you

• yes, even bruce willis comes here now and then just because of how nice everyone here is.

• He is a bad ass but has an oh so so soft side :)

• I will pm you some stuff

• Yahoo answers is just horrible. I prefer this site much better. We are a pretty cool bunch I must say lol.

• Yahoo answers is a freakin jungle of angry idiots lol

• GaG is a community that has genders who can associate with one another so they can put or re-put themselves into another persons shoes. But then there are the trolls.

• Good comment. Some of the trolls happen to be fun loving nice trolls thank goodness

• Very true. Those good trolls do make days of reading quite detailed questions very enjoyable.

• There are some funny threads on here and the bacon questions tonight were very fun and almost informative :)

• GAG is a cool site and I've met some really cool people on here, but I've also met some people who just can't tell the difference between a person trying to be friendly and if someone's just trying to kiss up to them lol . I guess they feel that way because of their status, etc. I unfriended people who think this way . Also don't accept my friend requests if you don't want to talk. I don't need sympathy or charity . I perfectly understand not everyone wants to talk and that's more than fine with me.

• Yea I don't get that. Why anyone would accept or add and not want to talk is kind of stupid. I added you because I knew you liked when I threw pennies at you :P

• Yeah some people are just dumb like that. Thankfully they represent the minority.

• *throws more pennies*

• It has nice people but it also has its share of rude people too. Just watch out for any "questions" that are actually rants. Oh and we got our share of gender bashers on both sides. Just look at any "I will never approach women" topics. We got tons of them from all sorts of people on here.

• I guess because when people come here, they're hurt/confused in some way and are looking for support. But once their problems are solved they stick around. They know how people feel who come here and try to do what others did for them.

• Clearly you haven't had a good troll yet. Just wait

• +1. I have and even you have had some "interesting" things to say to me Your're a good guy regardless.

• Thanks I feel all warm and fuzzy now

• :) Goody

• Nawww, I'm glad that someone loves us trolls~

Well, most people actually come on here with the hope of discussing meaningful topics. Guess only nicer people are into that :O (Seen quite a lot of wankers on here though, and I'm among them :P)

• You sir are the BEST wanker on here. Shit man you crack me up. How is Richard Nixon doing these days?

• It's because I love everyone, I am black Jesus.

You can't crucify me, I run faster than white Jesus.

Lol jk., I think it's because this is a place where everyone talks about w/e or posts their feelings here. People who have the guts to do that are typically pretty nice.

• Even the jerks (it was me lol) that talk about you having your pecker in your hand?

• Lol ha ha XD

• people here are not as nice as you think. its easy to put on the front that you're a saint or hero when you don't see the person again.

• T personally think that YOU may be the nicest of all. Want a piece of bacon? It's not raw I promise

• oh I def am because I'm actually honest. phony nice is much worse than honest mean everyone knows that

• Indeed sir indeed now did you want that bacon?

• Hmm, you might want to reconsidered there are trolls on this site who love to complain about certain people. I can think of two that has brought up multiple times on this from the beginning of this year.

• There are yes but there are some really cool people as well.

• Huh.. so there you go... Scooby-Doo is the most conceivable answer.. well I certainly think so.

Well I'm a d***. Just read my suggestions on Halloween costumes on some guy's question about said topic to see that.

• Can you link me Mr Mean guy?

• All great suggestions lol. I like the OJ one. You can always go to the local morgue and snag a blond head no? (I have a similar disgusting sense of humor)

• well, does Yahoo Answers and Youtube have the same "point reward" system as this site does?

• Because if you don't say sh*t everyone agrees with your posts get deleted or you get banned.

• Ylou see how that female cop ran away after she did not get the answers she liked? :P

• Haha, oh you're the same guy. Yeah that was crazy. She got so butt hurt she deleted herself.

• I knew when she wasn't responding to anyone that she was gonna leave :) Everyone should own a good pair of horse blinders

• I've actually noticed mostly rude people since joining a few days ago. Not question askers though, but in comments. Tend to get ruder with each reply, so I may just stop responding to comments on my answers.

Ha, it will be nice to meet the nice, tolerant members sometime though.

• Well I know who they are and one of the guys is just really down on himself. He is easing up a bit and another guy does it for shock effect and I just laugh it off. Two or three other guys and a girl do it just to be asses. I let them be but for the most part there are some really funny and nice people here. +1

• Yahoo and YouTube are full of evil bastards. and I am an evil bastard who likes to say negative comments in those two communities... GAG is not a clean community. it has its own evil bastards too.. like me.

• Scooby Doo, Where are you?

Lol. I don't know why, but the people here definitely are nicer than those elsewhere.

• They really are. Maybe some jerks sign up but they usually don't stay long. Thanks for answering :)