Why are people on GirlsAskGuys so mean?

I am asking for your opinions not your insults...if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all! manners go a long way you know and there is no need to make the person feel worse then they already do!

Most Helpful Guy

• This site is on the internet, so behind a computer people feel like they don't have to be compassionate or considerate to other people, which is kinda sad but it is what it is.

What Guys Said 12

• Those people are mean in many other places too; not just on gag. Why are they like that? Could be many reasons. Maybe they were raised by parents who were mean to them and others. Kids tend to copy their parents. Especially when the kids are young. It could've been taken from friends. Their friends were mean to others, and got him/her to be mean. And more.

Sometimes they are not necessarily being mean, but just because someone asked a dumb or annoying question.

• I may at times be abrupt, insolent, arrogant, pedantic and possessed of a superior sense of being, but I resent being called mean!

• its probably because they are trolls or they get a kick doing that sort of thing. They are probably stupid teenagers try to make themselves feel big, and probably your typical bully at school. I wouldn't take any notice of it, and just ignore their comments. Your not gaining nothinh by replying to them. because you are only adding fuel to the fire. they wan yout to get upset, otherwise why would they say it.

• There are just some people like this anywhere. They take their inferiority compleces out on anybody who doesn't share their opinion. On the net it's very easy, you don't have to show your face when doing so.

On the other hand there's a bunch of people here who just take things too personal. Or they just expected answers supporting their own point of view, neglecting the fact that some people out there might have other perceptions of certain topics.

Either way, it's still your problem that you care about it ;)

• 1|0
  • most of us aren't that mean unless we assume the person is trollollolling...

• Really? This place isn't mean at all. Compared to most of the internet this is all sunshine and rainbows.

• I think everyone here is friendly. They are to me, anyway (surprisingly).

• GAG's cool for the most part. I just can't stand the people who falsely assume sh*t without real proof (women on here who think that everyone wants to hook up with them, people who think you're kissing up to them because of their status)

• I've only noticed a handful of rude people here over the last few months since I became a regular.

• Sometimes people who ask questions are being really stupid, and need a written kick up the ass to cop on to themselves.

• It depends on what you mean by "mean." Some people kind of deserve mean comments by the way they are or the way they word their questions. If you come off a certain way, you can't expect coddling.

But I think it's a vicious circle here sometimes, especially when it's down gender lines. Like, one person can come on here in a bad mood and asks a douchey question, which incenses others of the opposite gender. Then they proceed to make answers, comments, and questions that pisses off the opposite gender that had nothing to do with the original thing. It just keeps going and going from there.

What Girls Said 7

• Why are people on girls ask guys so mean?

Depends on what you define as mean if you define it as unpleasant and basically being a d*ck.

That's likely because it seems most people on here are quite bitter and resentful due to past experiences or no experiences and quite a lot are butthurt projecting their own personal issues into a question or answer sometimes even claiming they know how the person really meant it...o.O..as if they're a mind reader or omniscient or something.

• I actually agree with you, some people are quite mean but they could just be trying to tell you the truth but it isn't coming out nicely or they way they mean it to. I get some really rude answers but also some really sweet and lovely answers. I guess it could also depend on which category you're in? I'm not sure but I'm sorry if you're getting rude answers, I agree if people don't have anything nice to say then they shouldn't say it.

• Some people have a mean streak in them it's nothing to be with Gag. Gag is just unlucky to have them on their site. Though there are not many mean people on here just a few.

• It depends

Stupid people ask stupid questions and get stupid answers

If by "mean" you mean honest as opposed to sugar coating answers and giving you what you want, bullsh*tting isn't gonna help you out

I do think that people on here are fake for the most part and enjoy portraying themselves as special snowflakes who are so kind, open minded and nice. But that facade is just that.

• 'Cos they have a sh*tty life themselves and can't stand others having it all.

Depends what you define as being mean? Some people can be a bit anal here if others cannot spell properly or have a different view point from themselves.

• Because they can. They think that by hiding behind a computer screen they're all that@@

• It makes them feel big and bad, like they matter. They don't and they know that, that's why they're so mean. There's only a handful of those types here, they're just REALLY noisy and sometimes even have more than one account to torture people here. Nothing better going on for them.