Asian people on GAG, would you be offended if someone mistook one Asian alphabet for another?

Like if some white guy said 'oh hey its in japanese' when it was really korean or something. would you take offense to that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. It happens to everyone once in a while. Though it is actually quite easy to tell Japanese and Korean apart

• not from someone who knows nothing about either one of them

• Lol that's why I said I won't be offended. And I mix French and Spanish up all the time too so no big deal

• right and you can say its easy to tell those two scripts apart. but people still mix them up anyways

What Girls Said 2

• I don't care. I don't have a lot of pride (don't hate my culture either) but I'm not proud and boastful about it. I do prefer Chinese music, Chinese movies and Chinese food over western food.

• I am Asian, and I totally wouldn't be offended. It doesn't make sense to expect someone to know the difference right off the bat. It's like me trying to figure out which is Swedish and which is German.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think most people would be offended. It is just that the people that are offended scream the loudest so it seems like everyone is easily offended. I wouldn't care if an Asian person mistook a Russian alphabet for English. People can't be expected to know all of the different languages.