How did GaG get the reputation as liberal website?

Im kinda new here and am always hearing this is a liberal Obama website. But if anything from what I've seen this website is filled with conservatives/libertarians/independents. I came from a site actually overrun by liberals and it was nothing like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why people think that either. There are some very noisy conservatives AND some very noisy liberals here. Political questions are NEVER one sided, it's really more even.

• Thanks for MH :-)

What Girls Said 9

• Who gives a crap? I hate that people so bring this topic up so much and some throw these terms out like their harmful words.

But to answer your question their are both and to be truthful the majority of the conservatives are asses on this site and all they do is complain about liberals...I see the liberals on GaG to be more reasonable and open minded.

• Why does everything have to relate to politics?

• Personally I find it neither predominantly liberal nor conservative.

• And I agree, if anything is predominant on here, it's libertarians.

• people came here to discuss about other things, .this is place is not heavily politics related so perhaps that why it is different from the one you visited.

• Yeah I know but I'm maily talking about the questions that are politics related

• Just browse my questions on feminism, you will see the political aspect show. It proves a point though, even though they try to claw at me personally, You just keep them at arms length while they try to punch you. It's funny. :)

• They value freespeech and they take it seriously

• I think internet users in general are pretty liberal... they usually people who are younger (in their 20's)... inexperienced about the real world... unrealistic ideals about how the world should be... living in a fantasy land... lol

• I think that's you @sluggofacepoojohnson LOL

• Don't live at home anymore, I rented my first apartment 3 weeks ago and last November I bought my second vehicle, a 2012 GMC Sierra :)

Nice try though.

• Anything before 5PM is typically coming from a person who does not work HINT HINT.

• Im not sure I get you're hinting at

• That's funny because the unemployment rate in America is at 70-80% I guess everyone needs to pick up trash like old Romney said hey? Maybe Legitimate rape akins can enlighten us on biology as well. Sorry, I am not a liberal, and I do not mean to burst out at you, it is just way to petty of a statement to make from your stand point. link

• Unemployment is a real concern today. Go to alternative media for your sources.

• It`s run by a Turkish dude.

• the conservatives on this site love to make themselves out to be the victimized minority, it's another thing for them to bitch about.

What Guys Said 11

• It's not...conservatives on here just like to say that so they can act like victims when they make retarded generalizations. For example "the vast majority of that age group sees Obama as the Messiah who can do no wrong." Obviously anyone who disagrees with that is liberal...

• No, anyone who disagrees with that isn't looking at the stats, are you going to tell me young people don't overwhelmingly support Obama?

• Have you ever talked to a 20-something (minus the few who actually understand reality) about Obama? They vehemently defend almost everything Obama does and vehemently ridicule almost everything the republicans do. But when asked to explain why they feel the way they do they can't.

Start paying attention.

• Lol yeah OK, nice facts you've got there. I go to a pretty progressive university, so I intereact almost exclusively with 20 somethings. During the election, I saw more support for Ron Paul around campus than for either of the 2 main candidates. And most people who were voting for Obama that I talked to, were just doing it because they didn't want Romney to win. I believe you even had a question about how terrible Romney was, so maybe it's not that hard for you to see from their point of view.

• The majority of people on this site are high school/college age and the vast majority of that age group sees Obama as the Messiah who can do no wrong.

The thing is, the libertarians like myself tend to be quite loud so it appears we're higher in number than we actually are.

• For further proof of this, please see how many downvotes I have.

• who becomes president*

• The left have done a very good job brainwashing OUR generation (we're of the same generation dude) for the most part and since the vast majority of 20-somethings are way too stupid and inexperienced in life they're easily swayed to one side based on little if any substance.

I was like that, then I got a job and started working, met people and experienced some things. Now I see the left for what it is, totally backward.

• It is mostly either:

1. They are socially liberal: Pro-Homosexuality, Pro-Gay marriage, Pro- Promiscuity, Pro- polygamy or polyamory, to even tolerance of bestiality and other aspects, Pro-Islam, Pro-Secularism, etc.

2. They are economically liberal, socialized health care,socialized treatment of people ("equality")

I am not saying ALL of the people on here support everyone of these examples. But there are individuals within the collective who stand behind a group that advocates all of these ideas.

If you are socially conservative, and believe in merit and not entitlements, or freedom, you will be condemned for being a 'racist' or 'homophobe' 'sexist' or anything along those lines. Primarily if you do not accept "equality" or understand our point of views.

For instance, I may not be fond or even slightly amused by Feminism, but I am fine with women being free to make their own choices in life and do as they please. However, I do not believe people are entitled to anything, such as equal pay. Why? Because I understand not every person is going to provide the same quality of work. The amount of effort given by two people and the end result from the means, shows a lot about the person.

I am socially conservative, as far and economically conservative.

I am not registered as a Conservative member, I hate the Tea Party, and the Occupy wall street hippies who were shitting in the streets, and running around like animals. I refuse to vote for degenerate parties period. I am not a libertarian or 'anarchist' in any means either.

so this site is going leave you either alienated, or right at home. This site is seen as liberal based on the collective beliefs of those who use this site.

• It's mostly just a website full of stupid Americans.

And I say that affectionately :)

• Because people have an "everyone is against me" complex when they feel backed into a corner or someone questions their beliefs. I've been called a liberal and a conservative on here before. I'm mostly socially liberal and economically conservative. Even in real life when I make socially liberal comments people assume I'm a "bleeding heart liberal" when I make fiscally conservative statements people assume I'm against any kind of aid programs and make the assumption that I'm an "uncaring and heartless conservative."

People love to feel marginalized because it makes their crusade more just in their eyes. Political leaders count on this for elections. They love to guide the sheeple. We need to all wake the hell up..

• I'll be honest, I'm actually surprised by the diversity of opinions around here. I support ideas on both sides of the spectrum though, so maybe I just don't notice as much haha.

• Because there are a couple of whiny right-wingers who think anything less than 100% mindless obedience to their mindset, is an unacceptable level of poisonous liberalism.

• All I know is that I'm a conservative and most of my answers that have conservative viewpoints in them get downvoted, sometimes quite a lot (one had I think 8 downvotes).

• I have 6 on this question alone lol.

All for simply pointing out a fact.

• It's simple in theory, but is f***ed up in reality as you've probably seen.

Basically it goes like this: Obama is president. As a result, you'll get a lot of anti-Obama folks coming on here with their personal vendettas and political frustrations to rage about it. There are those who will join in on the irrational circle jerking just to vent. However, there are also folks on here who actually have some sense in them, and regardless of their political preferences/affiliations, they will talk sense and say something like "You are a crazy nutbag"...to which the QA and other nutswingers will respond with attacks and allegations of being bleeding heart liberals with no intelligence because they don't see things the way that the QA does.

Any questions?

• Yea it is definitely not a liberal website. The only person that would say that is a mega right wing republican that has many accounts and has been banned 75 times. The guy has mental issues. I don't think he realizes that if there was one party and one type of thinking then not everyone's views and wants would be heard by our government.

• It's true, it's predominantly liberal, which is no surprise considering the demographics here.