Anybody else on the verge to saying goodbye to GAG?

I am ! I only use GAG on my cell and I will not go for. Mobile app which they say comes out 2014. I have my own reasons against the mobile app. The desktop app is becoming impossible to use without having the urge to pull all year hair out. Now this morning, I made two attempts to answer a question and after painfully typing 5 lines on a touchpad using my fat thumb (which needs me to write $7 lines to end up with 5), an advertisement popup comes up and there is no way to get around that. And this advert is part of the GAG site. Eventually, I lose my answer BOTH times. I have had it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of... I use my iPhone 4 more than my computer (unless I'm writing an essay or something) and GAG is one of the worst sites for mobile devices. It's a shame really, because I've got more time to answer questions when I'm on the bus or train, and I haven't got my computer with me then. When I type, it lags beyond belief. And when I want to erase something, it erases 2 letters when I just pressed the backspace button once. It takes up to 5 seconds for it to react at all. I haven't experienced much of the ad popups getting in the way, it's only happened twice, but the lag is just too annoying. I've started typing in an empty text or a note and then copying the text into the answer box. It works quite well, but it would be a lot better if I could just trust the GAG site and skip that extra step. It's great that there's an app under development but it's not the same to use an app, and you might not be allowed to download apps if you're on your work phone or something. It's a shame that it doesn't work better, because it's a great site. I've been reading answers for years but just recently signed up myself. I love it, but I'm a bit disappointed that it won't work on my phone. I hope that they'll fix the problems because that would encourage me (and probably many more) to answer more questions and stick around for longer.

• Agreed (written in font size 96)

• Thank you for asking the question and selecting my answer. I used to think that I was the only one with such problems, but your question made me realize that it's actually quite common.

• That ia what tours and some other friends' answers made me realize too.

What Girls Said 5

• Sorry to hear you are contemplating leaving the site! I've been here since 2008 and not planning to leave anytime soon. I just go through periods of absence from the site but I keep my account active. But I like the people here and I get all my relationship questions answered :)

I've never has an issue with the desktop site or with ads (I use Adblock). The site viewed on a mobile device can be a little slow and lag a bit, but I heard they are developing a mobile version soon!

Maybe just take a hiatus. Don't delete your account!

Also, typed on an iPhone ;)

• Use your pc, laptop or iPad. Whoa I do is I copy my answer after selecting it when I'm on GAG via my phone cause like you said it's a pain writing your answer then losing it. So when that happens I just paste the answer and submit it. Don't leave GAG you're a nice and I'll miss you. Contact GAG and see what they can do about it

• Awww ... That is sweet, little sister.

• As "Solitude2" pointed out, if I had to leave, I would have left a long time back. But something keeps bringing you back to GAG. But sometimes, things go over the tipping point... and you say "Enough!". I already closed my Facebook account for some other reasons. But I did it.

GAG keeps talking about a mobile app. I think what is equally important is a mobile veraion of its website.

• Not yet..I am still considered new here :)

I copied my answers and pasted it because I encountered the same issues a few times

• Nice to see such comments as it gives me the consolation that it has nothing to do with old age :) although I believe in my case that may be part of the reasons :)

• the world is small too

• True ! It has become such.

• If I plan something and do not do it within one year,I probably won't do it.And I have been here for 2 years 9 months.

• So... You are suggesting that I will be bald within a year from now? :((

• We're sorry to hear you're having so much trouble using GirlsAskGuys on your mobile.

We are currently developing a mobile app AND a mobile version of the site, which will clear up the issues you seem to be having. We expect to roll these out with the new version of the site, early 2014.

We apologize for the intrusive ads, but these issues will be resolved with the new version.

Thank you for giving us a chance to explain :-)

• Oh God ! You're the second Sparrow here. :) I first thought it was the other one and I was perplexed what happened to the face :))

Thank you for the encouraging response. I really look fwd to a mobile website.

• I'm so confused.

• Please don't be. It's nothing that serious. :)

What Guys Said 8

• I try to avoid using my nexus 7 and android because I sometimes accidentally hit the "Back" button twice instead of once to make the keyboard go away, and I lose everything I wrote. Or my answer just disappears after I hit "Preview Answer" when using my android. So, I usually use my laptop which never gives me those problems. I love this site because I get to help people when they need it, learn from people, get help when I need it, and use my effort to convert the points into Amazon gift cards. Great deal for me. I am not quitting GAG.

• I'm not having any trouble using it now? I've never had anything like that happen. I'm also on a desktop.

• i get mad they don't ever implement any changes. its the same it was over like, 2 or 3 years ago and it had a much bigger user base then. they haven't done almost anything to improve the way it works.. its stagnant and most people leave

• It's definitely irritating. Except that this issue happens on my laptop too. My submitted questions and answers will not reach the server sometimes, and all I get is a fresh new page.

Extremely irritating; I had to remember to always copy my text somewhere first just in case I lose it.

• the pleasures of smartphones and Ipads...

• On the contrary, I think the mobile app will make me more active.

• Yep. I've nearly been since Feb '09 originally and while it rocked the first two years, I just don't feel it's for me anymore.

• I love karma :)

• And if you are curious I am not a big fan of racist people. So keep on using your phone :)