What would happen if GAG banned fake profile pics?

AND other avatars? ( pictures of other stuff) except the defaults from their website?

Most Helpful Guy

• They couldn't. This is obviously me!

Why are fake avatars a problem in the first place? Almost every website or program that allows avatars has fake ones. Do you want this site to become like Yahoo Answers and have stupid computer generated 2D avatars instead?

What Guys Said 7

• Most people here use some strange screen name - not using their real name. This is a type of social networking site - but dealing mostly with sex and it is still something not to discuss in public subject. Everybody might be using fake pictures and one can not find out the truth.

• And how would they determine if the profile picture is fake?

• How would they know if that's actually me in my profile picture or someone else? They can't.

• THE TRUTH WOULD BE OUT!

• I don't know why people do that anyway, or ask or answer anonymously. What's the big deal?

• That would be basically impossible to do

• There'd be a lot fewer "hot chicks" because so many of those profiles are fake.

What Girls Said 7

• Not a whole lot, I'd imagine/

• Why only profile picture? GAG can force to use real name and e-mail ID for membership. No fake screen names too. Why are you not using your real name or real picture here? There is something not good socially here - or people do not like to get identify by others. Many will not answer or ask anything here, and may not continue their membership.

• I agree with sovetskii besides if they did ban profile pics that are fake most people would just use one of the profile picture icons GAG provides

• Nothing just a bunch of default avatars!

• I would like that! I am one of relatively few on the site that has a picture of my real self as my dp and who never answers anonymously. It would be interesting to see who people were/what they look like when they don't have the option of hiding.

• Well this is not a dating site, so I don't think that would be a very reasonable reason to deactivate someone from using the site.

• Well, lots of people use gag avatars, anyway.