Blocking other GAGers, why do you do it?

How many people do you have blocked ? Why? Would you consider unblocking them? Do you still answer and comment on these people's questions and answers ? Is difference of opinion a good reason to block someone?

1|0
5|10

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never blocked anyone,no matter how rude they are to me.Why I never blocked them?Because I don't care about them at all and thus have no strength to block them.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's good thinking. I don't block people over rudeness either. I mean I've argued with some people on here over stuff but in other occasions I totally agree with their opinion on other stuff. So yeah blocking people for that is pointless. Creepers on the other hand...

• Show All
    • "silly" lol

• Thanks for the red rose :)

What Guys Said 10

• I temporarily block them if they are spamming my questions or otherwise interfering when I'm trying to answer someone ELSE's question, or using profantiy, etc.

After a few days, when the question has become stale, I unblock them, and generally I don't hear from them again!

1|1
    2|1
    • So you do it because of spam and not over disagreeing on a topic

• No, they can disagree all they want, though I sort of resent it when I'm answering someone ELSE's question and they make nasty comments about MY answer, instead of just giving their own! If they are really nasty in their language, then yes I'll block them, but it's for being rude and imappropriate,not just because they have a different opinion on the question.

• Ok that makes sense

• 1. I don't know. It varies.

2. They blocked me first.

3. Yeah, I don't care. Their input is welcome.

4. No. I only reverse block because people who block me then talk to me bug me. Esp. when they come in and just try to be negative or derail ( which is oft poorly done ).

5. There probably is a good reason to block me at times. I'll either watch their logic crumble and since they can't take that they block me or I'll just outright harass them for their foolish attempts at ... well anything.

Generally speaking though I get blocked from within my own threads while discussing something minor and forgettable.. I don't mind it.

2|0
    0|0
    • Lol I get blocked for having a different opinion. I understand when they block me because I'm being "mean" because their reasoning is just out of this world stupid. I do mind it when they block me but still comment on everything I post, but because they have me block I can't comment back. Is kind of frustrating that I can't say what I think.

• Show All
    • I've never tried to sniff ... um, anyway, I don't mind anon-haters. I just can't stand when they hate AND you can't respond. They take the fun out of hating!

• OMG yes! ugh! so damn annoying

• I haven't blocked anyone. I've never really felt the need to. I don't really get into it with people all that frequently.

There was one guy that I thought about blocking because in his posts, he would always say the nastiest things about guys like me, but then he'd answer my questions like we were best buds. He's not on GAG anymore, so quite frankly, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only blocked a few people and they were legitimate psychopaths. There's a difference of opinion, and then, what THEY were, which is batsh*t insane.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never block anybody. There is only one ***** in my block list. I think the no. Will remain 1 only.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't blocked anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually block people who block me first. That's my rule.

0|0
    0|1
    • But why did they block you in the first place?

• Show All
    • haha, well it use to annoy me a little but after taking a look at the people who tend to block me, it really comes to no surprise to me lol. If the people who tend to block me actually liked me, it would be a sign that I was doing/saying the wrong things

• makes sense. I can't be that zen though.

• I have never blocked anyone on here. The only reason why I ever would would be if they were harassing me or something. Even people who hold different opinions on controversial topics I don't block, because I'd rather debate with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have about 8 people blocked. I have them blocked because they are trolls (not the funny ones). I actually have about 20 people blocked but many are multiple accts.

0|0
    1|0
    • but trolls are fun. I am one but I do give good answers once in a while.

• Show All
    • LMAO dude I thought the saaaaaaaaame thing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• :):):) good doggy good! That is hilarious

• I don't block anyone unless they block me first.

If difference of opinion were a valid reason for blocking there would be a whole lot more blocked users here.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not going to go look now but probably around 5. Most of them have either harassed me in the past, or I just find them unbearably annoying. I haven't ever blocked someone who I didn't agree with opinion wise. It's usually just if they have said something offensive to me that upset me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only block people who block me. Blocking is childish in the first place. I've found that a lot of users do it because they didn't like my answer or they don't like whatever I said in a comment. Pretty childish. But I block them back when I find out about it b/c I don't want to give them the chance to retaliate

1|0
    0|0
  • No one. I don't block people.

0|0
    0|0
  • - Trolls

- Pervs

- Harrassers

- (Alleged) adults who act like 6 year olds

0|0
    0|0