Do you see GAG as a cyber form of high school?

users divided in little clicks. Some friendly with everyone and others just mean... do you enjoy it like this or would you rather everyone to be objective and strict about answering and commenting?

Most Helpful Guy

• well if this is high school, then will you go with me to the prom?

What Guys Said 10

• Well I don't think meanness is ever necessary...that's something we could all do without. And I haven't really noticed people being divided into little clicks, but maybe that's because I'm not a part of one. Ha!

• Reminds me of my time in high school, lots of people about socialising with each other and me just talking in the background.

• It reminds me of high school. Students talk, ask questions, gossip, say things they don't want certain students to hear, etc. It's somewhat similar on here with the exception of the users on here don't really know each other personally.

• The site itself doesn't remind me of high school, but many of the questions sound like the kind of things that teenagers would ask.

• This site is not like high school at all.

High schools:

-Are run by some fat dyke.

-Assimilate students into rigid schedules and overstimulate them.

-Drill students about college non-stop.

-Only care about attendance and graduation rates.

-Make students take many unnecessary standardized testing.

This site has none of that.

• I don't really see it that way. I don't really notice the clicks and most the people I find who are mean hide anonymously

• There...there are cliques? :o

• News to me too. I recognize names of frequent posters, but I've never seen any behavior to indicate cliques... never have I seen people acknowledging one another as distinct personalities, carrying on inside jokes making reference to other users...

• Yeah, it is kind of like a High School. I've run into that issue in so many places, churches, jobs, web communities. Why can't people get over the High School mindset? Grow up everyone.

• Cliques are found everywhere. if you think it stops with high school you're fooling yourself.

• did I say that ?

• I didn't say you thought otherwise. I was just saying that if anyone else thinks that cliques end at high school, they're mistaken. That's all I meant.

But yeah sometimes I kinda wish people were less cliquey, and more helpy. Alas, that's not the world we live. Blarg.

• I see it as a p**** playground. Old balls meets new p****!

What Girls Said 3

• haha not really tbh…. people are just who they are. I kinda see it as this community full of people from all walks of life. whoever they are doesn't bother me, I accept it and move on, making good friends along the way of course:)

• the difference is I care much less about what people think of me. I say what I feel like saying. of course I still hold back to avoid hurting others' feelings.

• High School clicks are formed primarily based on looks, economic status and intelligence. GaG is not a venue for it apparently.