Who are the GirlsAskGuys Moderators/Super Moderators?

Our Moderators and Super Moderators are a very helpful group of volunteer users who help to keep the site fun and helpful for our community!

Have you been wondering what it takes to become a Moderator for GirlsAskGuys?

Have you ever wondered why some users have symbols next to their usernames?

Do you know who is on the GirlsAskGuys moderation team?

We currently have 12 Super Moderators (red bubble) and 18 Moderators (yellow bubble).

Please check out our Mod blog to learn more about what they do and who they are! Find out how you can become one yourself!

For those who didn't know about the symbols, I'd also like to add that the GirlsAskGuys logo (little arrows) next to a username = GirlsAskGuys Admin.

Also, if you hover your mouse over a username with a symbol, it should pop up with a little window that gives a little information about the user. There, it will say "Moderator", "Super Moderator" or "GirlsAskGuys.com Admin".
Side note - For site related news and updates, you can check my profile. I keep the About Me section updated with new changes, as many are happening these days :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• If only this question could be "stickied" so it stays on top of other questions and not disappear...

I appreciate the work the mods and admins do, I've been here for almost a year now and have only seen very little spam. I'll admit that I've been cheeky too in the past and posted questions I wasn't allowed to yet or got really angry at a user and stated calling him names. But like Jonny, I took it like a man (or a woman). Some people complain about mods being biased, etc. Guess whatever you do, some people will always complain.

And I wish there was a way to prevent banned users from re-registering on this site... Some really annoying and bitter users keep coming back. Or maybe a personality test before you join GAG? lol So that only non-bitter, non-antagonistic people can register... Silly thought, I know... lol

• hey thanks! =)

• Sure :-)

• 18d

How can i delete my questions? I m risking legal problems because the person in the pic doesn't want to benpublished

What Guys Said 14

• I appreciate the Mods, it's a tough job since there seems to be a huge amount of personalities on the site... I've had one or two things removed in the past I'm sure, but I accept it like a man. Some people just want to whine and moan that their question was removed because 'freedom of speech, blah blah blah'... Same goes for majorly irrelevant subjects being posted, I feel despite the fact this is pointed toward relationships and dating advice I'm having to answer questions about politics and moral fibre...

• I agree and disagree. We must remember that the mods on here are imperfect people just like the rest of us, who might allow personal biases and moods to cloud their judgment on whether a Q or an A gets deleted or stays put. I've seen it happen a bit. But if they volunteered to keep this site clean, I appreciate them offering their time and help. But deleting posts unfairly can b worse than trolling, and I've abandoned certain message boards because of it.

• Perhaps in addition to questions about the identities of mods and supermods, it might be useful if Admin could post more explicit versions of the posting guidelines.

I'm pretty certain that what drives many of the complaints about the moderation on the board, comes from the way different mods and supermods interpret the guidelines, (which in many cases are open to some interpretation).

I believe I recently had to clarify with you for example, what Admin understands by the term "Duplicate" when it comes to the removal criteria.

If the ambiguity could be removed, then the users could at least see that everyone is held to the same standard, eliminating the idea that some users are being picked on or that other users get away with textual murder, while others get warnings.

Just a thought.

• Thanks.. I had no idea what the symbols meant until now.

• Thanks for the list. I noticed when I came back there seemed to be more moderators than before.

• What would happen if all the mods and admins started to dislike each other and kept removing each others' posts? Would a supreme overlord admin step in and crush them all then rebuild anew?

• All of the admins get along really well, actually, haha! And we also get along with the mods/supermods very well. So I don't really see that happening, haha!

• *rolls eyes* Hypothetically, then...

• I don't know all of them.

I used to be one, but they canceled me because they said I removed too many which were put back anyways, and that usually raises a red flag. It's strange though. Where do you draw the line between allowing a comments/answers to remain there, and genuinely trying to remove comments and just happening to be a little stricter than most?

Since it's open to interpretation, I decided I didn't want to be a moderator anymore. The questions are getting repetitive nowadays anyways. I'm just trying to think of a random question to ask to fill time, but I haven't been able to think up a question for months.

• I wanna know how I can be one.

• I wonder what would happen if I even tried to apply to moderate this website. Anyway, this is odd, why did you make this? I know you work for the company so are you ... ... ... recruiting?

• People wanted the information, so we provided it :-)

• Well that does make sense. I have no witty retort to this. :(

• Is there a way to find out which moderator deleted your questions, answer, or comments?

• No. They are the hivemind. One is all. All is one.

• No, users can not see who removed their posts. Admins can.

• If what you are trying to do is to incentive us to say thanks for your service, NOO they suck, they deleted my questions that were not offensive, but legitimate, and deleted valid questions in Spanish

• We only allow posts in English.

• I have never once had anything removed. If someone has their stuff removed all the time they shouldn't blame the mods they should blame themselves. It is the trolls and offenders who b**ch about mods the most. I don't have any problems with them. I appreciate them taking care of the trolls. thanks

• I guess I really can't express my opinion but if I was racist I could repeat my opinion over and over? The first sentence "Our Moderators and Super Moderators are a very helpful group of volunteer users who help to keep the site fun and helpful for our community!" opens up that discussion no? I honestly would like to see it fun for everyone. I don't see how repeated mean spirited racist questions keep Gag fun or safe. It actually makes people of color feel bad about themselves. Maybe me expressing this opinion puts me in the position to be banned. I really don't know.

• Time to get deleted lol

• I think questions get removed if they are off-topic, while offensive questions can remain there, since it does express opinion. However, if it gets too offensive, report it to the admins.

• Great thanks for the imput

• Why can't the people who actually run this site moderate it themselves? It just seems like giving random people the power to be mods would be abuse. And is it true you can see through anonymity.?

• We do moderate the content as well, the mods/supermods simply lend us a hand. As mentioned in the blog, all final decisions go through the admin team :-)

Mods/Supermods can not see the identities behind anonymous posts, admins can.

• So since you're an admin you can see me now?

• Admins have the ability to see who posts anonymously, yes.

• I'm more interested in who all the administrators are.

• How about a list of admins?

• We're around :-P

You'll always see the symbol next to our name, of course. You'll always see me the most.

• Well there's 14 other people who want a list of admins too.

What Girls Said 12

• GAG admin should really be careful about who they select as moderators. There was one time I had a debate with a mod and she would say all kinds of hateful, nasty things yet remove my comments so that I would not only get in trouble but she could just sit there and verbally abuse me with me not being able to defend myself. It was weird as hell. I'm sure she kissed the ass of GAG admin to get and keep her title. So yeah, it's awesome for people like you and Knowmeyourself, who don't play favorites or abuse power. But GAG admin needs to be realistic about the fact that some mods may take advantage.

• We monitor all of our Mods' activities and behavior, of course, and take action when we see a trend of power abuse. There is no bias when it comes to our Mod team. If they're acting out, they will lose status.

• eh, I wouldn't call it a "problem" but I do not ignore TRUTH just because someone is an "authority figure". I've observed mods do the exact opposite of what you're saying which is why several answers here have debated against your claim. So I don't really have a personal problem with a mod, but I am going to be honest and tell you that some of what you're saying doesn't sound very realistic because the actions of mods don't match your words.

• I see. Well, please report them if you see them doing something like that.

• Someone mentioned it already but I'm also curious to see who the Admins are, I'm only aware of a couple.

I was surprised to log in last month and see that I'd been upgraded to a Super Mod, but I'm glad the Admins find me helpful - so thank you!

• You're very welcome, thank you :-)

• Do they get paid?

man it sounds like some super elite cult- touch by the UNKNOWNs the scientist the creators of gag. super cool.

• ** posts a sign" will mod for wine" ** :)

I've noticed more posts are being removed than before, mine included.

• If you feel something has been removed unjustly, please let us know :-)

• Meh.. I tend not to ponder much... But thank you :)

• Maybe this question will help end any questions regarding mods/supermoderators...

• When I grow up I want to be like you !

• I would like to (::

• Are the moderators ones who remove questions?

• Check out the blog :-)

• This seems like more of an article than a question, I better tell the mods! =P

• I thought the same thing! We're buddies!

• You and I do seem to agree on a lot of things :)

• Haha! People wanted the information and this was the easiest way to get it out to you all :-)

• Oh cool beans :) Thanks for the information

• sparrow that own one i know

• I thought about it.. I would only get rid of the really disturbing stuff and let the rest slide... the way I write is very laid back and I say whatever weirdness comes to mind and I swear... so ...