What is something on GAG that surprises you?

What is something on GAG that surprises you?Question is neither too long nor too short.

Most Helpful Guy

• On GAG, you can really get to know some people. If people give honest opinions, and are true to themselves in their messages to friends, they can actually become friends. People with similar values can get to know each other and communicate regularly through texting or email. It's really great because you know these people well enough through messages on GAG, so it's not really that different to message them in real life, without an anonymous filter.

This holds only as long as you accurately assess that the person who you chose to give your information to, is a person you can trust.

What Guys Said 33

• The extent of illusory superiority on both sides. I know it happens, but the extent of which it happens surprised me. Also how some people will ignore 9 positive answers and insist that the one negative answer is the only valid one and that it is the "honest truth". Even the other 9 aren't truly representative but in that situation/question they are. Why is it that the "honest truth"always has to be negative?

• How you can piss someone off on one answer, then they go through your older answers and questions to talk sh*t. ESPECIALLY when they do it anon.

• How many guys are so bitter and resentful to women in general. They wallow in their own pity.

• I think I'm always surprised when I get a warning from Admin, because I don't think I've ever said anything which was more offensive than a comment which had been said by someone else and it was left standing.

Apparently we're held to a higher standard. But I still think it's vague.

• yeah my comment was deleted somehow..which I didn't know why too

• Sometimes people that tend to be less intelligent make hasty decisions due to lack of understanding. I see it often here. +1

• Awwww answer removed by Mods...

Fair enough, no point complaining.

@OP: Could I possibly PM you my answer instead of amending it? :)

• insensitive people i.e. those who are insensitive to others' problems and say rude things. GAG's aim (as I perceive it) is for getting solutions to people's problems through people. But instead there are many here who try to use it as a networking site apart from which they are rude to so many people.

Things that seem simple to one may be an uphill task for another. When you've joined up to get answers to your problems how can you be rude and insensitive to someone else's?

• How many issues people have, the whole"nice guy" idea, and how supposedly a lot of black women like white guys but supposedly this isn't normally reciprocated.

• How mean people are to others for no reason.

• While it contradicts most of the answers so far, I'm surprised by how many honest and sincere questions that are posted on here. Base on my past online experiences, I expect far more of the kinds of unpleasant examples others noted than I typically see. I find it a refreshing change. I suppose that it helps that I have a somewhat thick skin.

• Ah when I answered this question I misinterpreted it as 'what on GAG bothers me' lol I can be really goofy at times :D

What surprises me on GAG is, it's all about expressing and the short form or 'Girls Ask Guys' is GAG which literally means 'keeping shut or forced to keep shut' lol

• I think it's hate towards female users for no specific reason :(

I have few bad experiences with some people here too who stereotyped me as other Indian guys like once a girl said "You are too good looking for an Indian"

hahaha wtf right?! lol.

But still, I have more good experiences compared to bad ones because I have some friends here who are really supportive and helpful :)

• Even on a site like this, essentially anonymous even with our user ids, people are scared to speak out on anything that might get them attacked by fanatical true believers..feminists, for example, or overweight people...

• How little people know about their own bodies.

• The diversity of the site's population. For example, It used to be full of just 20-30 year olds only but has now expanded to have many different age ranges and such. It also now has more minority members and members of different countries.

• nothing really. I'd say maybe the naive/ignorant/plain stupid people and the bitter/angry/venomous people surprise me. But then I think for a second that stupid people and mean people have existed for a long time and will continue to exist.

I guess one thing that still kind of "surprises" me is how delicate some people can be and block users lol.

• That some people devote their entire day trying to drag other members into misery, and feel good because they get treated like crap even though the people they tried to piss off aren't even mad. lol Gluttons for punishment I guess. They're probably masturbating to the abuse. Sick f***s. =P

• What surprises me is that amongst all the BS, you can actually run into some amazing people on here

• Not in particular, maybe the fact I can earn Amazon cards yet feel like I haven't really done much to earn them?

• The tenacity of humans is just awe inspiring. When I do stop to think about it the minor things I shrug off such as the fervent love for others or the desire to do something new, exciting, or achieve a new height of skill or ability is really quite admirable. I admit that there has been a desensitizing to the true peril of the human condition and the actual efforts made by other humans in their own pursuits for happiness.

Also when admins randomly delete the questions that aren't actually offensive. They will allow me to ask the wackiest sh*t but delete "Do you like bunnies", etc.

• There's one particular female member on here that loves to argue with guys by saying their butt hurt if they block her. she might as well sound like a feminist. I hate the fact that GAG even let her continue to rant on this site.

In general she as issues with men. She even admit that she she doesn't have any plans of ever having sex with a man becuase her vibrator gives her better orgasms and I told her she can't know that unless if she actually had sex with a man before. She even told me she never even kiss a guy before. She even thinks me and her haven't been arguing when our disagreement has been going on for almost three months. She just loves attention, when guys make claims about her, she'll laugh for her entertainment.

• She just likes causing chaos. I don't think anyone takes anything she says seriously as she has already lost all credibility.

• I only stated my opinion and disagreed with you. I don't hate anyone O.o.

• You're making me out to be the bad guy like she's the victim, she likes to manipulate things by twisting an argument around just to make herself seem always right. She's no where near innocent. She even thinks both married couples, when they buy a house it won't be their house equally, knowing both of them had sign the lease together.

Everytime when I ask her to give me a yes or no answer, she likes to say other things to avoid my question, she must have something to hide.

• The level of self pity and misogyny among so many men on here shocks me.

• how honest and cool girls are to teach me everything I ever wanted to know :)

please answer mine tittled what did my mum mean?

• Every single answer on gag is you spamming your question about your "mum". lol Why not feature the question?

• How little people break the rules.. makes my job difficult.. :P

• This is my first day on it, but the questions be so long. Like I know females are terrible at explaining stories but I am not really feeling to read a whole bunch of sh*t.

SHORTEN THAT SHIT

• YESSSS! But some guys also get excited with the story telling.

• What surprises me the most is how much more honest people are when they go anonymous. I tend to find anonymous answers more useful than the politically correct nonsense most people spout out. I would much rather an anonymous answer telling me to improve myself if I want a girlfriend, than a useless statement about how I just need to hang in there and eventually the right one will magically fall into my lap. Sometimes what we need to hear isn't what we want to hear.

I really think that advice given on the internet anonymously tends to be better than the advise we receive in real life, because so many people don't want to play the bad guy and tell us something unpleasant. How many of us have walked around with our pants unzipped or with food in our teeth because no one wanted to be the one that had to tell us? The internet allows for more honest answers without the fear of judgement.

• how thin skinned everyone is

• The most surprising thing is, how racist the Americans on this site are, and I mean ONLY the white/Caucasian Americans (because the African-Americans seem nice and friendly). They have this typical 'American elitist' attitude, and superiority complex. The reason for feeling superior might be their skin color or their money (because America is among the world's richest countries), but these are just speculations. Anyway, the fact remains that they are TOTALLY racist. Whenever I used to post non-anonymously, I used to get ridiculed and racially discriminated by white Americans, just due to my ethnicity and nationality. Now I'm forced to ALWAYS post anonymously, just to avoid being racially discriminated. Its really pathetic.

• Heard about that racist part ...not sure how true it is in usa...over here indeed there are racists but there are nice members too. Don't go anon. . If those people ridicule you just either ignore or tell them off

• You aren't any better than any other racist. You are discriminating against a race and judging just because of their skin color. If you discriminate against one or 4 races it's the same thing. RACIST.

• See? You said it yourself. A person is a racist ONLY if he discriminates based on skin color. That mean, I'm not a racist because I don't have any issues with their or anybody else's skin color. Its their behavior and racist attitude that I can't stand. I don't think you'd ever understand this, because I bet you haven't found yourself in a situation where you have to post anonymously just to avoid being racially discriminated.

• One thing does surprise me here, and that is that there's hardly if ever any flirting between members.

• @ how many people spell the word lose (loose). What teachers are telling these kids that? Also I am shocked at how much hate there still is in the world.

• That it has shifted my attention away from net pron.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 14

• The misogyny. I've never thought so many men hate women.

• All the horny guys who hit you up. And then you keep blocking them...but they make several accounts with the same picture and keep trying to add you. Which makes absolutely no sense lmao.

• that happens here too? >.> sounds like you went through it, though. if so, then remove your pics if you don't want that sort of attention.

• Removing your pics is the only way I assume. I used to have one of my personal pics as an avatar before, but now no one really bothers me anymore.

• When someone "blocks" or "unfriends me" because they disagree about an answer I gave.

• When comment of mine is removed.. I often wonder that made mine standout among many other pointless and worthless comments.

Well, may be for about 5 minutes

• It is only when I chanced upon this site that I realized there are many female haters :P

(ok whoever may wish to downvote me)

But I also came to understand guys bit more from here

• How people can get away with racist comments. Specially for a website that has members from many different countries and races.

How the whole blocking system works.

How anonymous question askers are aloud to block anonymous answers.

• How anti-Canadian some American's are.

• How friendly and helpful some people on here are

• Surprises me... the pigheadedness of some people, but I love that everybody is from different parts of the world... It's nice to have 'friends' in random countries :)

• The amount of people that just block everyone who respectfully disagrees with them. Or just blocks right after disagreeing with you so you can't answer. Don't know what that's about.

• That even though this website is available to people all over the world just about, the people here are still the same kind of hateful, lying, backstabbing people that reside here in my small town.

• I forgot to mention grammar/spelling. Even with the entire internet at their fingertips, spell checks and dictionaries galore, people STILL can't seem to put two words together correctly. Pure laziness.

• the amount of misogynists on here, even unrelated question answers sometimes get twisted into blame feminism, blame women rants

• How people block over stupid sh*t, like not giving them best answer.

• How nice and honest people are.

As well as the amount of people who cannot spell and/or use proper grammar. This makes it difficult to understand their question and respond in a proper manner.