Who wants an annual GAGers fair/event?

We all know all you GAGers use this site once in a while, give advice, ask questions, etc. But do you want to actually meet some of these people in an actual GAG fair or event, or whatever you call it?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe, with reason
Or maybe it would be worth it, if it was the same time every year, just so that people can plan a travel, and get a vacation, with a GAG event, all at the same time.

Of course, some people who use GAG might be the shy type, so would they go to these events?

Most Helpful Guy

• i could see benefits but also some issues

Pros:

- Getting to know people may reduce some of the trolling or provocation that goes on

- there are definitely people I'd like to get to know since we seem to have similar values

- maybe create a better sense of community

Cons:

- a good aspect of the site is the level of anonymity that I think allows people to feel more secure in answering questions honestly, meeting everyone may change that comfort level.

- the simple feasibility of it is tough since people on the site are from all over the world

- honestly some people on this site seems scary. I'd be pretty hesitant to meet some people

• Very good answer.

Con: the same drama that plays out on GAG sometimes, might play out in real life (maybe even getting physical)?

• haha. yeah very true. don't know how much help I'd be at moderating the physical altercations

What Girls Said 9

• Sure, if it was in a location that was reasonable for me to attend. I think it would be pretty cool.

• It's an interesting thought, but since everyone from this site are all around the world, it would be impossible to find a suitable location

• @Update: A lot of people have money issues, it's not that they won't come, but they can't...I can't even afford to travel withing my own state

• Good point. Me too.

• Haha,I asked this question 2 years ago and one GaGer described such an event as Judgement day :P

Another suggested that each of us should wear a mask and pin our username on our shirt/blouse.

• Judgement Day*

• I asked this question 2 years ago and it was removed the next day(must be the job of a very stringent moderator)while yours is still here,haha :)

• Hm. Not sure. Maybe it depends on how you asked it?

• LOL why not? This should be interesting. But it most likely would be in the USA, so I probably wouldn't go. link

• I would wanna meet Sparrow, kangaru and Dragan. They seem like really nice people :)

• sure if it was in my country

• Yeah I might go lol it depends

• Yes, one person on here in particular that I would love to meet :)

• No, I only want to meet perhaps a handful but not the big gathering

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't mind doing it but you have to be reasonable. GAG users live all around the world, so where would such an event take place?

• Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

• It would be a good thing. Have it one year in New York you could get a lot of people living on the east coast. Have another year in LA and people on the west coast would go. Have it in London one year and you could get all the UK users to go. Have one in Toronto and a lot of the Canadian users would go.

• I'd go. Wouldn't fly a plane to get there but, if it was around, I'd go.

• If it was near me maybe

• sure, if it were close

• No,thanks.